Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
It ain’t today yet.

P
Typical leftist, never let the details get in the way of a narrative and look to divide along gender or racial lines at every opportunity.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Nothing civil about it.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
It ain’t today yet.

P
Typical leftist, never let the details get in the way of a narrative and look to divide along gender or racial lines at every opportunity.

Typical leftist, jumping to conclusions about other people, making false accusations, and showing his ass in the process.

Plus, too uptight to have a sense of humor.

Easy there, Karen.

Might be time to pick up your kids from the Montessori school.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
It ain’t today yet.

P

Typical leftist, jumping to conclusions about other people, making false accusations, and showing his ass in the process.

Plus, too uptight to have a sense of humor.

Easy there, Karen.

P

I could have been more articulate but I wasn’t talking about you..

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When you quote a fella and make a statement, logic suggests you’re talking about that fella.

Keep in mind that, to the OP, it was today.

It just wasn’t today to me.

If I owe you an apology please consider such as extended.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B2

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Lee signed some papers but the spirit still lives monuments be gone or not

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Online Content
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Originally Posted by slowmover12
A sad day in our history.

Extremely sad day.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If the South had won, how long would slavery have persisted?

I know, it wasn’t about slavery, but answer the question.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Lee signed some papers but the spirit still lives monuments be gone or not

honest question.....the spirit of what?....are the bad feelings/blood still prevalent today with the majority or just a few...bob

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Not much longer. Mechanization was on the way. Plantation slavery was inefficient and costly. Maintaining an army, or barn full, of expensive farm animals required a lot of money and effort. No disrespect, but the reality of the matter was economic. It made those people valuable as chattel. They were cared for accordingly. $700 to $1,000 or more per head just to purchase in dollars of the day, not adjusted for inflation. Lincoln's war destroyed the plantation system depriving the South, and former slaves, a peaceful, humane transition. It is unpopular to consider respectful, even warm bonds of familial affection between the "owners" and the "owned" existed, but it was a mutual engagement of give and take to produce livelihood for both parties. The war destroyed the engine of commerce, the know how and sharing that left devastation and resentment that bred hatred and poverty right up until now.

P

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

P

I had a great 8th grade history teacher, Coach Campbell. He taught our class like a college course. You took notes, you did not use the book much. He taught us one of the sad things about the civil war was that it would not have been too many years when slavery would cost as much or more than hiring people. Which is how agriculture was conducted for many years after the war. Slavery would have became economically unfeasible as well as morally unexceptible. Less than a hundred years later mechanical devices like cotton pickers put a lot of people out of that type of work.

Even without all the theories I think there could have been a negotiated ending to slavery without the resorting to civil war if that was really what the federals really wanted.

Last edited by 1911a1; 04/11/23.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You fellas need to take in consideration the devastating impact of the Boll Weevil on the cotton industry! The weevil all but collapsed c production as it marched across the cotton belt putting hundreds of thousands of laborers and farmers out of work. This as much or more than mechanization pushed large populations north and west. You can follow my family as they move across the South to Texas trying to escape the weevil.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
April 10, 1865: General Robert E. Lee surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia to General Ulysses S. Grant, effectively ending the Civil War.
Actually, General Lee surrendered the Army of Northern Virginia at Appomattox Courthouse, Virginia on Sunday, April 9th, 1865, not April 10th. This was not the end of the war as Lee only surrendered his immediate command, not the entire Confederate military. Having said that, it was the major Confederate army in the east and without it there was little hope of the Confederacy surviving. The last Confederate military department, the Trans-Mississippi Department was surrendered at Galveston, Texas on 02 June 1865 (negotiated at New Orleans 26 May, but not signed until 02 June by Lt. Gen. Edmund Kirby-Smith at Galveston).

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,857 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,232
Posts18,485,687
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.