Hop To
Page 71 of 108 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 107 108
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Hastings is sadly and hopelessly deceived and trying to deceive others.
You know that, or do you think that?

Do you fully believe that of which you’ve written?

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by antlers
Christianity is the result of an event, and that event created a movement, and that movement produced texts that were collected and eventually bound into a book.

An approach that argues from and anchors to the event of the resurrection rather than the authority of the Bible makes sense to me.

By apologetic in no way diminishes the Bible. One doesn’t have to change one’s beliefs in order to change one’s approach.

Except faith claims of resurrection do not verify such
as an actual event...ie; Christian resurrection mythos
does not amount to actual historicity.

In the retelling of historical events the listener is compelled to believe or disbelieve based upon faith alone. If you tell me the events leading up to and including how Custer and the 7th fought at The Little Bighorn not only am I am believing you on FAITH but you are retelling the historical events based upon faith alone. You weren’t there, you didn’t witness the battle, you didn’t and don’t know anyone involved in it nor do you have any first, second or even third hand accounts of the battle so you are basing that entire event on faith…..faith that all those eyewitnesses and all those that were told the story firsthand are telling what they saw, felt, heard and witnessed……FAITH.

According to you atheists and ANTI-theists the absence of eyewitnesses and participants that can answer your questions with firsthand knowledge means that it didn’t happen. Since you can’t question and probe firsthand or secondhand sources regarding The Battle of Little Bighorn it didn’t happen. Since your belief about the LBH is completely dependent upon FAITH you must apply the same strict scrutiny that you apply to Jesus and dismiss out of hand ANYTHING that cannot be PROVEN with firsthand sources and eyewitnesses.

Jesus’s resurrection was NOT a matter of faith for those that SAW with their OWN EYES the resurrected Jesus and heard with their own ears the words our resurrected Lord and Savior spoke to them!

Jesus most assuredly was crucified as eyewitnesses stated at the time and as the historical record indicates. Jesus most assuredly was resurrected and walked amongst us as stated by countless eyewitnesses at the time and as the historical record indicates.

Custer was a real person too but I can’t prove it. 😉

Well said...

Illegitimi non carborundum

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
As interesting as this thread is, I'll say we should spend less time debating, and more time in Prayer, and Worship.

AGREE!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by mrchongo
To all the Orthodox faithful today: “Христос воскрес”

Yes, he has!

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by IZH27
And yet Paul taught that it was the everlasting covenant.
Jesus taught the same since it was He who met with Abraham as recorded by Moses in Genesis 15.

If one gets that wrong everything that follows is wrong.
Jesus met with Abraham? That is a leap.

A would be Baptist preacher once told me Melchizedek was Jesus. He is the priest that Abraham gave 10% of Sodom's loot after the rescue of the captives as per Genesis 14.

Folks sure do make a lot of suppositions as they glean through scripture.

And yet Paul taught that it was the everlasting covenant.
Jesus taught the same since it was He who met with Abraham as recorded by Moses in Genesis 15.

Jesus met with Abraham? That is a leap.

A would be Baptist preacher once told me Melchizedek was Jesus. He is the priest that Abraham gave 10% of Sodom's loot after the rescue of the captives as per Genesis 14.

Folks sure do make a lot of suppositions as they glean through scripture.

That isn’t a reach at all. From the creation forward Christ has been the Physical representation of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That truth is brought out in the old and new testaments.

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Regarding the OP:

Do y’all think that Jesus wants to live His life through His followers as they strive to keep in step with His Spirit in them…?

Or do y’all think that Jesus wants His followers to interact with Him on the basis of rules…?

This sentiment appears to be the crux of most of the treads that you start in relation to faith.

What does the highlighted option mean to you?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The Mosaic Covenant (Moses was God’s chosen leader of Israel at that time) was a conditional covenant made between God and the ancient Israelites…and no one else…at Mount Sinai. It was clearly not everlasting.

The Abrahamic Covenant is an unconditional and everlasting covenant through which all of the people in all of the earth would be blessed (Genesis 12:3), and it was ratified by Jesus in His New Covenant.

Paul made it clear that Christians are true children of Abraham and are heirs of God’s promise to him.

So are you now agreeing that the faith of all of the OT saints is the same faith that we are given?

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Regarding the OP:

Do y’all think that Jesus wants to live His life through His followers as they strive to keep in step with His Spirit in them…?

Or do y’all think that Jesus wants His followers to interact with Him on the basis of rules…?
This sentiment appears to be the crux of most of the treads that you start in relation to faith. What does the highlighted option mean to you?
Why don’t you first answer the question/s in my post, even if you think there is another option, or options…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That isn’t a reach at all. From the creation forward Christ has been the Physical representation of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That truth is brought out in the old and new testaments.
Maybe, but that does require a good bit of assumptions. I can't see God not being explicit if this would be true.

Did Jesus explicitly make these claims of being in the fiery furnace, being the high priest of Salem, being the one advising Abraham? Was he the one that ordered the tribe of Benjamin be wiped out, did Jesus himself say "Judah shall go first"?

Jesus did a lot of teaching but some of the stuff y'all ascribe to him he did not claim.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So are you now agreeing that the faith of all of the OT saints is the same faith that we are given?
What I’ve asserted is quite clear.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark
Nothing in your intentionally diversional commentary changes the fact that the Abrahamic Covenant and the old covenant (the Law of Moses) are two different covenants.

Please explain or give scripture as to how they are two covenants. I see the new being the fulfillment of the old. I don't view the law as a covenant. The law was never meant to show the proper way to live. It was only meant to show that nobody could live by it without relying on the sacrifice rather than obedience to the law.

God didn't give the law to teach men to live by his laws. He gave it to show them that they couldn't live good enough and would just have to trust him instead.

Apostle Paul wrote the Law was a Teacher to lead us to Christ.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by RHClark
Nothing in your intentionally diversional commentary changes the fact that the Abrahamic Covenant and the old covenant (the Law of Moses) are two different covenants.

Please explain or give scripture as to how they are two covenants. I see the new being the fulfillment of the old. I don't view the law as a covenant. The law was never meant to show the proper way to live. It was only meant to show that nobody could live by it without relying on the sacrifice rather than obedience to the law.

God didn't give the law to teach men to live by his laws. He gave it to show them that they couldn't live good enough and would just have to trust him instead.

Apostle Paul wrote the Law was a Teacher to lead us to Christ.

Yes, the law is a teacher to lead us to Christ, but not in the way you think my friend. The law isn't teaching us the way to Christ by obeying it, as in the way to Christ is by obeying the law. When you read those verses in context it is plain to see the law is serving as a teacher by showing us that it's really Christ, the sacrifice that's necessary. The law is the perfect picture of Christ in obedience, yet it's purpose is to reveal our sins and faults so that we will only rely on grace through God's sacrifice. God condemned all under the law so that all could be forgiven freely by grace.

Every time anyone broke the law and was honest, they knew they had to make the correct sacrifice. Even then, there was an annual sacrifice made for everybody just in case. All the ritual sacrifices were meant to teach them to trust in the sacrifice,leading to the one sacrifice of Jesus for once and for all.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Maybe, but that does require a good bit of assumptions. I can't see God not being explicit if this would be true.

Did Jesus explicitly make these claims of being in the fiery furnace, being the high priest of Salem, being the one advising Abraham? Was he the one that ordered the tribe of Benjamin be wiped out, did Jesus himself say "Judah shall go first"?

Jesus did a lot of teaching but some of the stuff y'all ascribe to him he did not claim.

It’s a matter of progressive revelation. That Christ did or did not claim is an invalid argument in and of itself. The fact that Christ told us that the Law and Prophets testify about Him places the demand on us to find Him there.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

If what you see yourself as having asserted were clear to me I would not be asking for clarification.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Regarding the OP:

This sentiment appears to be the crux of most of the treads that you start in relation to faith. What does the highlighted option mean to you?
Why don’t you first answer the question/s in my post, even if you think there is another option, or options…?

I really can’t answer your question because I have no idea what you mean in your statement. There is no clear context.

If a student of John Wimber or one of his prodigy were asking they question it would have a totally different meaning than a traditional Methodist or someone raised in a tradition that came out of the restoration movement, etc.

Furthermore, I don’t communicate with the Holy Spirit in the way that you and KRP claim to communicate. That alone leaves me in the dark as to what you mean when you ask the question.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

I find myself thinking I’m clear all the time only to have perfectly intelligent folks questioning what I mean by what I’ve said.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If what you see yourself as having asserted were clear to me I would not be asking for clarification.
I can explain it to ya’, but I can’t make ya’ understand it.

I’ve made the same assertions a great many times on these types of threads. And I’ve also explained them in detail a great many times on these types of threads.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It’s a matter of progressive revelation. That Christ did or did not claim is an invalid argument in and of itself. The fact that Christ told us that the Law and Prophets testify about Him places the demand on us to find Him there.
We progressed from Jesus, to Paul, to Mohammed, to Joseph Smith, to the Jehovah Witness program and a whole bunch more mixed in. Like Benny Hinn and Oral Roberts and Jimmy Swaggart, and Copeland, Cefro Dollar. All this progressive revelation that left Jesus in the dust is confusing to say the least. That is if you give them any credence.

Paul was the first one of record that progressed. You know, he talked to Jesus and got the OK to progress.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I can explain it to ya’, but I can’t make ya’ understand it.

I’ve made the same assertions a great many times on these types of threads. And I’ve also explained them in detail a great many times on these types of threads.

Well then. Based on what I’ve read of your posts, without you further clarifying, I believe that you are strongly influenced by the Jesus and Vineyard movements. In all likelihood, you are influenced by John Wimber or one of his prodigy either knowingly or unknowingly.

With that as a premise for all of your posts, I definitely do not agree with either of the two possibilities that you posted.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
We progressed from Jesus, to Paul, to Mohammed, to Joseph Smith, to the Jehovah Witness program and a whole bunch more mixed in. Like Benny Hinn and Oral Roberts and Jimmy Swaggart, and Copeland, Cefro Dollar. All this progressive revelation that left Jesus in the dust is confusing to say the least. That is if you give them any credence.

Paul was the first one of record that progressed. You know, he talked to Jesus and got the OK to progress.

We didn’t progress anywhere nor did we find God.

Christianity, from the Garden to the end of time is about God finding His own. The Shepherd always finds His sheep.

Page 71 of 108 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 22magnut, 63 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,247
Posts18,525,074
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.