Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SuperCub
White Conservatives who work for a living.

Every white conservative I know works for a living. I wonder if you were born stupid or did you have to work up to it?

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Precision Shooting Magazine

Only shooting magazine that was worth reading.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by MAC
Scope mounts for a Model 1903 Mannlicher Schoenauer chambered in 6.5x54MS

I just wanted an aperture sight mount for one, the kind that swings out of the way when the bolt is opened and swings back when the bolt is closed. I'd pay several hundred dollars for one.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Rocky Mountain broadheads

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Precision Shooting Magazine

The last few I saw were nothing but drivel, with articles of Norm Johnson varmit hunting. I think without the Last Post that magazine would have folded about two years earlier. Just my two cents.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I bet there's a market for some micro adjustable rear sights for all of the compact pistols that are being made these days.

Many of the fixed sights in those guns are set into dovetails and I would bet that many of the dovetails are the same and the front sights are close enough that they could be dialed in with the same adjustable rear sight.

I worked as a Toolmaker my whole life and a micro sized adjustable rear sight is something that could be fabricated without resorting to a lot of mind bending tricks.

I recently bought a Ruger LCP Max that has the fixed rear sight set into a dovetail. It shoots about 1.5" low at 30'. I've looked around for a micro adjustable sight for it and nobody makes one.

That's just one example.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Light collapsible bipods that can be easily detached to use on a different firearm. Right height for sitting and standing.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A bit larger wing safety for the M77 Mark II in SS.
My only complaint on those safety’s is the wing can be a bit of a challenge with gloves on and you’re in a hurry

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MAC

Every white conservative I know works for a living. I wonder if you were born stupid or did you have to work up to it?

My point was that there are less and less of those working White Conservatives all the time. That section of our society makes up the bulk of shooters and those numbers are decreasing.

I'm sorry you didn't understand that.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Indyka35: No that was NOT the only shooting related magazine that was "worth reading"!
My nominee for magazine MOST "worth reading" was "The Varmint Hunter Magazine" - I have every single issue and not only did I learn a lot about one of my favorite pastimes (Varminting/shooting/guns) I also learned about a lot of wonderful places to go/Hunt!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Indyka35: No that was NOT the only shooting related magazine that was "worth reading"!
My nominee for magazine MOST "worth reading" was "The Varmint Hunter Magazine" - I have every single issue and not only did I learn a lot about one of my favorite pastimes (Varminting/shooting/guns) I also learned about a lot of wonderful places to go/Hunt!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

My apologies for dissing your mag. The only varmints we had round here were woodchucks and crows. I've never even seen an issue of "The Varmint Hunter Magazine."

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Marvel style adjustable triggers for the Ruger Mark I & Mark II pistols

Last edited by kragman1; 07/23/22.

Work is what you do to finance your real life.....
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by MAC
Scope mounts for a Model 1903 Mannlicher Schoenauer chambered in 6.5x54MS

I just wanted an aperture sight mount for one, the kind that swings out of the way when the bolt is opened and swings back when the bolt is closed. I'd pay several hundred dollars for one.

That is what is on mine but my eyes are getting to the point where the sight is hard to use and scope mounts for those rifles are few and far between and costly.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by MAC

But they were probably all made 30+ years ago

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by Bobmar
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Williams model 70 extractors.

That’s an excellent recommendation and probably within his capability. I’ll take a couple!

Williams Extractors

I sure wish it were that easy. He stopped selling on his own about 6 years or so back and Brownells had the last of his inventory. They’ve been sold out for quite a while. I’m counting on Dinny!

Deadlines and commitments, what to leave in, what to leave out...
D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by pabucktail
Williams model 70 extractors.

That’s an excellent recommendation and probably within his capability. I’ll take a couple!

Williams Extractors

I sure wish it were that easy. He stopped selling on his own about 6 years or so back and Brownells had the last of his inventory. They’ve been sold out for quite a while. I’m counting on Dinny!

Duly noted! I'll try.

Medics bury their mistakes..
D
Dinny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Unfortunately my instructor is anti-gun and will no longer allow any gun related projects. I plan to speak to his supervisor tomorrow to ensure his opinions accurately represent school policy. In the meantime, and while I fully suspect the answer will still be no, I need to find a new final project. Anyone have any clever ideas how to disguise a Win M70 claw extractor as a part of something else that's fairly believeable or does anyone have other ideas what I could make instead?

Medics bury their mistakes..
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The hanned line 22lr and 22 mag LBT bullet die. It allowed the tip of a jacketed round to be filed off. I have the 22 lr version and it kills very well. I have taken a texas heart shot on a ground hog and the round exited the chest. It works very well and adds a good bit of omph to the 22 LR.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Dinny
Unfortunately my instructor is anti-gun and will no longer allow any gun related projects. I plan to speak to his supervisor tomorrow to ensure his opinions accurately represent school policy. In the meantime, and while I fully suspect the answer will still be no, I need to find a new final project. Anyone have any clever ideas how to disguise a Win M70 claw extractor as a part of something else that's fairly believeable or does anyone have other ideas what I could make instead?

Just call it a "cylinder movement and tensioning device"

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (01Foreman400, 338reddog, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 24 invisible), 1,809 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,628
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.