Print Thread
Hop To
Page 76 of 108 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 107 108
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IZH27
You guys can have your secret communication and supposedly hyper spiritual existence.
Nobody mentioned “secret communication” or “hyper spiritual existence”. That’s just more of you clearly mischaracterizing what actually was said.
I'll follow the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.
Our life in Christ reflects Christ's life in front of us,…
”My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. - Apostle Paul

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Romans 12:

1I appeal to you therefore, brothers,a by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.b 2Do not be conformed to this world,c but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.d

Pasted from Bible Hub

Verse one speaks of the physical presentation of ours selves to God as our spiritual worship. Paul does something interesting in the second verse. When he says don't be conformed the verb is in the active tense. That's what we are to physically do as our spiritual worship (and I don't for a second think that Paul means some weird holiness lifestyle or anything else that's just weird). The verb in the next portion of the sentence is not active but is spoken in the passive tense. As in we are having something done to us that impacts our spiritual worship. That which is done is not within us in our spirit but with our mind, our intellect, our knowledge, our understanding, our mind. This happens as our understanding is informed and shaped by the truth of the word which is about the Word.

Just one more of innumerable examples, from scripture, that our intellect, knowledge and physical being are integral in our salvation, sanctification and life as a Christian. I haven't found any teaching that tells us to plug in to the Holy Spirit for the download of critical data that will make us more righteous and holy. If those teachings exist and don't contradict the rest of scripture, like this passage let me know where they are so that I can study them.

The mind and the body are never removed from the equation but always intricately involved.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by antlers
You guys can have your secret communication and supposedly hyper spiritual existence.
Nobody mentioned “secret communication” or “hyper spiritual existence”. That’s just more of you clearly mischaracterizing what actually was said.
I'll follow the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.
Our life in Christ reflects Christ's life in front of us,…
”My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. - Apostle Paul

I have never denied this passage.

What you don't understand or haven't realized about me is that I have walked the exact path that you prescribe. I walked with the deep sincerity of an expectant child. I could not have been more sincere nor could I have asked God to give me the things that you claim as "the way" with any more passion and desire. This is why I understand your frustration. Over the next few days, weeks, month, years you are going to start to feel the impact of your impotency in these matters. You have already seen how your communion with God has led you into such error that you deny the very words of Christ concerning Himself. I put myself under the same burden beneath which you labor for far too many years. God opened my mind to understand truth and I have peace and assurance like I've never known and the burden of that self imposed law has been lifted.

Have the courage to pray this prayer and ask, like Thomas, for the faith to want and believe what you ask for: God, may I see myself in the light of Who You are? May God's peace rest on you.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/17/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
If I may I'll ask I'll give another example and you tell guys me if it is walking in the spirit.

I went to Alaska with an unbeliever and I asked the Lord to grant a miracle to show His power to this unbeliever.
On the particular day in question the total sky was overcast and raining.The temperature was 35*. I happened to fall into the water and the only thing that was not wet was my right arm and my head. When I got up on the bank Shannon was watching me. He said he thought I was going to die from hypothermia. I impolitely ignored him. I said,, "Lord you know I don't like the rain. I need a dry day and I need it right now. In Jesus' Name, amen.

Instantly, I can't say that enough, instantly and immediately above us a little round circle in the clouds turned blue. The clouds disappeared clear over the horizon 360゚ in 10 to 15 seconds. Shannon exclaimed, "Man that works!"

I was impolite and ignored him. I was trying to get my clothes off to get some dry clothes out of our package.

The next day I apologize to him for being so impolite and told him that I prayed for that moment. I told him we live in what appears to be an infinite universe and in that infinite universe there's a piece of dirt which happens to be this Earth and on that little piece of dirt there's a piece of dust which is me. The creator responds because I believe Him ."

Is that an example of walking in the spirit?
And this really happened?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I remember a teenage boy who was arrested for stealing..
They asked him if he felt bad. He said, " Yes. I felt bad that he didn't steal anything for my dad also.

He was doing what he thought was right.

Do you know the parable of the good Samaritan? Was he led by the Spirit?

IC B2

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This is why I understand your frustration. Over the next few days, weeks, month, years you are going to start to feel the impact of your impotency in these matters. You have already seen how your communion with God has led you into such error that you deny the very words of Christ concerning Himself.
lol

Project much…?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I went to Alaska with an unbeliever and I asked the Lord to grant a miracle to show His power to this unbeliever.
On the particular day in question the total sky was overcast and raining.The temperature was 35*. I happened to fall into the water and the only thing that was not wet was my right arm and my head. When I got up on the bank Shannon was watching me. He said he thought I was going to die from hypothermia. I impolitely ignored him. I said,, "Lord you know I don't like the rain. I need a dry day and I need it right now. In Jesus' Name, amen.

Instantly, I can't say that enough, instantly and immediately above us a little round circle in the clouds turned blue. The clouds disappeared clear over the horizon 360゚ in 10 to 15 seconds. Shannon exclaimed, "Man that works!"

Holly fuck! You need to take your special powers to a children cancer ward - seriously, get onto it now.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It’s actually fairly evident when you’ve lived through it.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How a disease heals, progesses or goes into remission has nothing to do with the gods.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It’s actually fairly evident when you’ve lived through it.
What’s clearly and certainly evident is your intentional mischaracterizations of what has actually been put forth by others who absolutely do see things completely differently than you do.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So I went to her house and was there before the sick woman arrived with two women helping her. They helped her into the bedroom. When she was situated I went in there and sat on the bed and I ask her,
"Do you know why we're here?"
She said,
"Yes. You're supposed to pray for me and I'm supposed to get well."

By the next morning she had received her sight and there was no cancer, based on what the doctor told her the following week. And I guess her hair grew out eventually.

Is that an example of walking in a spirit?

Holly fuck! You need to take your special powers to a children cancer ward - seriously, get onto it now.

Curing both cancer and blindness overnight
He should at least collect a Nobel prize.

Originally Posted by DBT
How a disease heals, progesses or goes into remission has nothing to do with the gods.

If Xtians can really do as they claim ,
modern medicine should be long out
of business.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
If I may I'll ask I'll give another example and you tell guys me if it is walking in the spirit.

I was impolite and ignored him. I was trying to get my clothes off to get some dry clothes out of our package.

The next day I apologize to him for being so impolite and told him that I prayed for that moment. I told him we live in what appears to be an infinite universe and in that infinite universe there's a piece of dirt which happens to be this Earth and on that little piece of dirt there's a piece of dust which is me. The creator responds because I believe Him ."

Is that an example of walking in the spirit?

I wouldn't bet on it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DBT

I wouldn't bet on it.

If that tool ringman said it you can bet London to a brick that it is bullshit.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DBT
I'll give another example and you tell guys me if it is walking in the spirit.

I wouldn't bet on it.

Any personal claims about a spirit
need be taken with a grain of salt.

Sprouting what some imaginary invisible friend
is supposedly telling them what to think and do
is considered mental illness by the courts and
even the Christian judges that preside over them.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Christ in the Old Testament and a physical resurrection from the dead and a physical return of Christ has been taught broadly throughout the history of the church, more recently falling out of favor. When George F Handel wrote the work Messiah many of the songs were inspired from the text of the OT. Job 19:21-22 and 1 Corinthians 15:20 are the texts that inspired "I Know That My Redeemer Liveth". The text in Job is amazing and directly related to what Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 15.

25For I know that my Redeemer lives,
and at the last he will stand upon the earth.b
26And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
yet inc my flesh I shall see God,
27whom I shall see for myself,
and my eyes shall behold, and not another.
My heart faints within me!

Job speaks of Christ, His Redeemer, as being alive in the present tense. His present tense. He notes that He will physically stand upon the earth and that He will return. Christ, incarnate God, did stand on the earth and as incarnate God with physical body ascended and promised to return as Job understood.

Job also understood, thousands of years before the incarnation, that he, Job, would be resurrected physically. He noted that his flesh would be destroyed but that he would in the future, in his flesh, see Christ and no other.

You guys have been "led into all truth" by the Holy Spirit? How can that be when one of you denies the presence of Christ, directly referenced, in the OT text while the other denies a physical resurrection, a scriptural fact taught not only in the NT but also in the OT?

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Your assertions are based on your intentional mischaracterizations of what has actually been put forth by others who absolutely do see things completely differently than you do.

If there were any validity to your assertions, then you wouldn’t have to rely on your own disingenuousness that you base your assertions on.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Christ in the Old Testament and a physical resurrection from the dead and a physical return of Christ has been taught broadly throughout the history of the church, more recently falling out of favor. When George F Handel wrote the work Messiah many of the songs were inspired from the text of the OT. Job 19:21-22 and 1 Corinthians 15:20 are the texts that inspired "I Know That My Redeemer Liveth". The text in Job is amazing and directly related to what Paul taught in 1 Corinthians 15.

25For I know that my Redeemer lives,
and at the last he will stand upon the earth.b
26And after my skin has been thus destroyed,
yet inc my flesh I shall see God,
27whom I shall see for myself,
and my eyes shall behold, and not another.
My heart faints within me!

Job speaks of Christ, His Redeemer, as being alive in the present tense. His present tense. He notes that He will physically stand upon the earth and that He will return. Christ, incarnate God, did stand on the earth and as incarnate God with physical body ascended and promised to return as Job understood.

Job also understood, thousands of years before the incarnation, that he, Job, would be resurrected physically. He noted that his flesh would be destroyed but that he would in the future, in his flesh, see Christ and no other.

You guys have been "led into all truth" by the Holy Spirit? How can that be when one of you denies the presence of Christ, directly referenced, in the OT text while the other denies a physical resurrection, a scriptural fact taught not only in the NT but also in the OT?

There is no mention of, or reference to Jesus in the OT. Some Christians like to misinterpret the narrative to suit their own theology.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Why not address what you have clearly proposed as truth in the clear contradiction to what scripture teaches and what Christ has said of Himself.

The nature of my character, whatever it might be, has no bearing upon what you have said.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You’ve intentionally mischaracterized what has actually been said.

Your assertions aren’t based on what was actually said. Your assertions are based on your own disingenuousness.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why not address what you have clearly proposed as truth in the clear contradiction to what scripture teaches and what Christ has said of Himself.

The nature of my character, whatever it might be, has no bearing upon what you have said.

We have nothing from Christ himself. Everything was written decades or more after the described events. Judaism does not accept Jesus as their prophesied Messiah for the given reasons;

''The concept of the Messiah has its foundation in our Jewish Bible, the Tanach, which teaches that all of the following criteria must be fulfilled before any person can be acknowledged as the Messiah:

Reason #1
– The Messiah must be from the Tribe of Judah and a Descendant of King David AND King Solomon – Jesus did not qualify.

The Messiah must be a member of the tribe of Judah (Genesis 49:10) and a direct descendant of King David & King Solomon (2 Samuel 7:12-14; 1 Chronicles 22:9-10). Genealogy in the Bible is only passed down from father to son (Numbers 1:1-18).

There is no evidence that Jesus really had this pedigree, and the Christian Bible actually claims that he did not have a “birth-father” from the tribe of Judah descending from King David and King Solomon (Matt. 1:18-20).

Reason #2
– Ingathering of the Jewish Exiles – Jesus did not do this.

When the Messiah is reigning as King of Israel, the Jews will be ingathered from their exile and will return to Israel, their homeland (Deut. 30:3; Isaiah 11:11-12; Jeremiah 30:3, 32:37; Ezekiel 11:17, 36:24).
This has clearly not yet happened and we still await its fulfillment.

Reason #3
– Rebuilding of the Holy Temple – Jesus failed to achieve this.

The Temple in Jerusalem will be rebuilt (Isaiah 2:2-3, 56:6-7, 60:7, 66:20; Ezekiel 37:26–27; Malachi 3:4; Zech. 14:20-21).

The Temple was still standing in Jesus’ day. It was destroyed 38 years after Jesus’ crucifixion and it has not yet been rebuilt.

Reason #4- Worldwide Reign of Peace – Jesus did not accomplish this.

There will be universal disarmament and worldwide peace with a complete end to war (Micah 4:1-4; Hoseah 2:20; Isaiah 2:1-4, 60:18).

Wars have increased dramatically in the world since the start of Christianity.

Reason #5 – Observance of the Torah Embraced by All Jews – Jesus didn’t bring this about.

The Messiah will reign as King at a time when all the Jewish people will observe G-d’s commandments (Ezekiel 37:24; Deut. 30:8,10; Jeremiah 31:32; Ezekiel 11:19-20, 36:26-27).

Jesus never ruled as King, nor have all Jews embraced the commandments of G-d’s Torah.

Reason #6
– Universal Knowledge of G-d – Jesus clearly failed here also.

The Messiah will rule at a time when all the people of the world will come to acknowledge and serve the one true G-d (Zechariah 3:9, 8:23,14:9,16; Isaiah 45:23, 66:23; Jeremiah 31:33; Ezekiel 38:23; Psalm 86:9; Zeph. 3:9).

This, as well, has not yet taken place and we await its fulfillment.

No matter how many unusual & miraculous things Jesus seems to accomplish in the New Testament, he doesn’t fulfill even one of the 6 criteria by which the Nation of Israel can recognize him as the true Jewish Messiah.''

https://jewsforjudaism.ca/six-reaso...not-the-jewish-messiah-jews-for-judaism/

Page 76 of 108 1 2 74 75 76 77 78 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 1234, 59 invisible), 1,818 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,229
Posts18,524,760
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.