Print Thread
Hop To
T
T_O_M Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Serious question .. maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know the answer.

Lets say the burrito carton says serving size is one burrito and the instructions are to nuke it for 1 minute, flip it over, and nuke it for another minute. How much do I adjust cooking time if I want to 2 burritos at once? Is there some magic formula? I didn't fail home ec 'cause I never took it in the first place.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep adding 30 seconds and testing with your finger. You’ll eventually get to the point where part of it is still frozen and right beside it it will melt the roof of your mouth.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Easy peasy, you can do it. Microwave magnetron tube emitting 1,120 watts at 1,750 Mhz. Take the specific gravity of the burrito multiplied by the mass in cu cm. Obtain the cube root of the microwave power minus the .7 power factor and divide that into the burrito mass/weight ratio (corrected to 15.556 centigrade), correct for ambient air temp and divide by 60 min. You should be within 1 second of piping hot without excessive cheese melt.
I'm not that smart actually, Mathman showed me how to do it.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Go until they blow out.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ha, ha, LOL !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Easy peasy, you can do it. Microwave magnetron tube emitting 1,120 watts at 1,750 Mhz. Take the specific gravity of the burrito multiplied by the mass in cu cm. Obtain the cube root of the microwave power minus the .7 power factor and divide that into the burrito mass/weight ratio (corrected to 15.556 centigrade), correct for ambient air temp and divide by 60 min. You should be within 1 second of piping hot without excessive cheese melt.

That is an absolutely perfect response! The only thing that I would add is that you should have strongly emphasized the AMBIENT temperature to ensure that the reader would not inadvertently correct for the plain old surrounding air temperature rather than the ambient temperature.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Huh?
wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Serious question .. maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know the answer.

Lets say the burrito carton says serving size is one burrito and the instructions are to nuke it for 1 minute, flip it over, and nuke it for another minute. How much do I adjust cooking time if I want to 2 burritos at once? Is there some magic formula? I didn't fail home ec 'cause I never took it in the first place.
4 minutes @ 70% power.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by flintlocke

That is an absolutely perfect response! The only thing that I would add is that you should have strongly emphasized the AMBIENT temperature to ensure that the reader would not inadvertently correct for the plain old surrounding air temperature rather than the ambient temperature.

Not to mention relative humidity and altitude.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Xavier Becerra head of Health & Human Services commenting recently on un vaxxed immigrantes: "The science is not settled on the ambient temperature of burritos".

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 3dtestify, 44automag, 300_savage, 17 invisible), 1,260 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,132
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.