Print Thread
Hop To
Page 82 of 108 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 107 108
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by krp
For all the newcomers to the Apostle Ringman, he has written that he is sinless.

Kent

To be accurate that's not true. He never said he was sinless, just more sinless than anybody he had ever met.

Ringman, Its OK. God loves those who sin. He loves a whore as much as he loves people who attend services "religiously" grin
God makes his Love and Grace available to all , perhaps even more so to those that need it more?

Please find peace in this , to think that you'll live your entire existence with your nuts in a knot makes me a little sad.

If its not about Love and Grace and Redemption then what good is it?

AKA_Spook,

These conversations don't seem to be about sharing God's grace. They sure don't seem to be ab out sharing God's information. I am used to these kinds of experiences. Folks here seem to think we live in two TOTALLY separate world of flesh and spirit. And yet what does God's Word say, "Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from ALL defilement of FLESH and SPIRIT, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For all the newcomers to the Apostle Ringman, he has written that he is sinless.

Kent

Liar! Liar! Pants on fire! smile

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Rich, I have said this before. I understand the born again thing with rampant drinkers, whoremongers, drug addicts, etc, not that I have ever known any who claimed the experience. But I understand.

Most of the folks I know well were born into the church, attended training in Sabbath School from toddlers on up, and educated in Christian academies.

None of them experienced this life changing event. They knew their God from the earliest childhood.

Not to say, none of them fall short. We all fall short of perfection. But they have strived to avoid sin since their days in diapers.

Where is their "born again" experience?

I know of one person who was filled with the Holy Spirit from birth: John the Baptist. God does not have grandchildren. According to Apostle Paul, we Christians are adopted into the family of God. At a certain point these "born into the church" people had to come to a realization that they are part of "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." To display their awareness of sin and repenting from it, they get baptized. After all Jesus, our Savior, got baptized before He started His ministry. God knows their hearts. He is the Author and Perfector of our faith, including those "born into the church" who are born again.

Everyday Hunter
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Ringman
Perhaps this is what krp was referring to:
Originally Posted by IZH27
Ring man

Do you love God with all your heart and your Neighbor as yourself?

Do your good works exist simply because they are solely for the good of others or because you derive pleasure from them?

Do you believe that you have arrived at a sinless or near sinless state? Do you believe that you have received a second work of grace? Are you a sinner?

Reasonable questions rather than attack. Thank you.

1. As far as I know.
2. a. No. b. Yes. Jesus says, "Let you light shine among men so they may see your good works and glorify God."
3. a. Yes. Remember Apostle Paul standing before the king said, "I stand here with a perfectly good conscience." b. Yes. c. I am a sinner saved by God's Grace so that I might walk in His light and those around may glorify God.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ority-religion-in-us-as-ear#Post17634082

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[video:youtube][/video]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon

It doesn't work for me.

Everyday Hunter
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
It doesn't work for me.
lol

Me neither…!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."
Who said that? I thought so. And what was scripture when he said it?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Antlers,

Lately this thread reminds me of Luke 11:53-54.

"And He left there, the scibes and the Pharisees began to be very hostile and to question Him closely on many subjects, plotting against Him, to catch Him in something He might say."

I forgot, most "Christian" conversations deteriorate to this.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by krp
Ring man

Do your good works exist simply because they are solely for the good of others or because you derive pleasure from them?

Do you believe that you have arrived at a sinless or near sinless state? Do you believe that you have received a second work of grace? Are you a sinner?

1. As far as I know.
2. a. No. b. Yes. Jesus says, "Let you light shine among men so they may see your good works and glorify God."
3. a. Yes. Remember Apostle Paul standing before the king said, "I stand here with a perfectly good conscience." b. Yes. c. I am a sinner saved by God's Grace so that I might walk in His light and those around may glorify God.

I guess he missed or decided not to included "I am a sinner saved by God's grace...."

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. At all. Even those closest to Jesus had honest disagreements among themselves. It’s OK for Christians to have honest disagreements. Minimize the distractions and keep the main thing the main thing.

Conservatives (for example) disagree about politics and the economy (for examples) all the time.

It is unfortunate though when disingenuousness and mischaracterizations and flat-out lies enter into these discussions, especially when it’s comin’ from those who profess to be Christians.

The derogatory aspects of these types of threads absolutely pale in comparison to the derogatory aspects of a great many other types of threads on the Campfire forums though. So it’s always funny to me when it’s pointed out just how ‘bad’ these types of threads are by those who don’t normally participate on these types of threads, but do participate on the other types of threads that I’m referring to.

Anyway, there’re a lotta smart and wise and insightful men here who do regularly participate on these types of threads. And I appreciate them and their input.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Does the issue of personal sin exist as a significant issue in your life?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
Ring man

1. As far as I know.

I guess he missed or decided not to included "I am a sinner saved by God's grace...."

That you contradict yourself doesn't make me a liar.

Kent

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

This is interesting, can you define this with a little more detail please?

.... like tears in the rain
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Hastings
"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work."
Who said that? I thought so. And what was scripture when he said it?

Peter said that Pauls' writings were ALSO Scripture, so I guess you reject Peter too???

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

A basic premise of the Christian faith is that we are “dead in our trespasses and sins“ in our native state. Sin separates us from God.

That being the case, a believer, while forgiven, is still sinful, and does not have a perfect nature, and we can easily observe that we don’t have perfect character.

There are many scriptures which directly speak to the believer, addressing our sin, and sinfulness as believers. One scripture; if we confess our sins, he is faithful, and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Another from first John if you say that, you have no sin, you lie, and the truth is not in you.

Those and many other scriptures that address our sinfulness are written directly to believers. At the end of Romans 7 Paul, speaking of himself, addresses the conflict within himself when he speaks about what he sees in his heart, and what he sees in his actions.

From those scriptures a principal is developed or maybe it’s better said understood that a believer is simultaneously a saint and a sinner.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/20/23.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

A basic premise of the Christian faith is that we are “dad in our trespasses and sins“ in our native state. Sin separates us from God.

That being the case, a believer, while forgiven, is still sinful, and does not have a perfect nature, and we can easily observe that we don’t have perfect character.

There are many scriptures which directly speak to the believer, addressing our sin, and senseless as believers. One scripture; if we confess our sins, he is faithful, and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Another from first John if you say that, you have no sound, you lie, and the truth is not in you.

Those in many other scriptures that address our sinful us are written directly to believers. At the end of Romans, seven Paul, speaking of himself, addresses this conflict within itself when he speaks about what he sees in his heart, and what he sees in his actions.

From those scriptures a principal is developed or maybe it’s better said understood that a believer is simultaneously a saint and a sinner.

I would encourage any saved person to only consider themselves as saints. Their sainthood doesn't happen because they stopped sinning or sin less. We are only saints in Jesus and because of Jesus. It has nothing to do with our actions. In my mind if you still think of yourself as a sinner, you will always be striving to make yourself a saint.

What's wrong with that someone might say. Imagine if you will a man who has inherited the greatest gift he could ever receive, yet he can't even enjoy it because he knows he doesn't deserve it.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Simul Justus et Peccator. Simultaneously Saint and center. When we look at scripture that truth, that reality is throughout scripture for the old testament, beginning to the end of the New Testament.

I would encourage you to consider the end of Romans chapter 7, where Paul very pointedly speaks about the reality of our sinfulness when he very candidly talked about his own sinfulness.

In the first chapter of first John, the apostle speaks directly to Christians, saying that if you say that you have no sin, you lie, and the truth is not in you. It would be equally true to say that if you say that you have sin you speak truth, and you are not lying.

In saying these things, we are not being taught by the apostles to grovel in our sin, and consider ourselves as worms. Morceau, we are being given sound instruction, that we are simple beings, who sent Daley and are in constant perpetual need of the grace of God through Christ.

Very early on in this thread, someone made a comment, indicating that they believe that they did not have a sin nature being a believer that idea is prominent within mini Christian circles, but it is a damnable lie. Scripture simply does not teach that concept. Scripture does quite explicitly teach the concept that we remain sinful beings.

This is one of the damaging realities of piety. Not understanding our sinfulness very quickly leads us to the arrogance I think that we are improving ourselves in someway. I’ve been down that road. I’ve lived that way for most of my life and it’s wrong.

There’s no need to publicly admit this, but if you really sit down and start considering how pious you really are and consider the things that you do that make you think your pious you will quickly come to realize that you’re not. For us to truly be pious, and have the ability to make ourselves better means that we have to be able to carry out the 10 Commandments with no sense of self gratification, but fully looking at the benefit to God and benefit a man with no fault of the benefit to ourselves. No one does that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let me get this straight. You made a post for us to do something.
Nope. And you’re clearly not even close to getting it straight. My post was:
“Follow Me.” - Jesus

He said it a buncha times in the Gospels. He used those two simple words to extend His invitation to others to be His disciples. I believe that He still extends that same simple invitation to others to be His disciples today.
I asked how to do it. And because I don't answer your question first, I am not serious!
Maybe you should ask Jesus how to do it (it was His quote). Nope, you didn’t answer your question first.
I am trying to be a student to you…
No you’re not.
…and you are trying to make me look bad.
The way you’re coming across on these matters presently is all on you, and you alone.

Because you're not used to someone like me you think I'm not seriously wanting to know your thoughts. Do you think there could be others who would like to know your thoughts on this?

Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Rich, I have said this before. I understand the born again thing with rampant drinkers, whoremongers, drug addicts, etc, not that I have ever known any who claimed the experience. But I understand.

Most of the folks I know well were born into the church, attended training in Sabbath School from toddlers on up, and educated in Christian academies.

None of them experienced this life changing event. They knew their God from the earliest childhood.

Not to say, none of them fall short. We all fall short of perfection. But they have strived to avoid sin since their days in diapers.

Where is their "born again" experience?

I know of one person who was filled with the Holy Spirit from birth: John the Baptist. God does not have grandchildren. According to Apostle Paul, we Christians are adopted into the family of God. At a certain point these "born into the church" people had to come to a realization that they are part of "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." To display their awareness of sin and repenting from it, they get baptized. After all Jesus, our Savior, got baptized before He started His ministry. God knows their hearts. He is the Author and Perfector of our faith, including those "born into the church" who are born again.

Like I said Rich. "Born Again" describes a specific experience. The realization that God is real, coming to know God.

Lots of four and five year old kids can tell you very well of their klno0wledge of God. They can hardly wait until they come to babtismal age and can confirm their love of God.

They are trained into their belief from diapers on. Many never experience that "Moment of Discovery", because they always knew.

I went to school with many LDS kids and had lots of SDA in the family who fell into this description.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 82 of 108 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 47 invisible), 1,904 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,219
Posts18,524,577
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.