Print Thread
Hop To
Page 86 of 108 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 107 108
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by antlers
Some in the Hebrew Roots Movement are so enamored with the Torah that they deny the very deity of Jesus.

He isn’t in the Hebrews roots movement.
He’s a troll. He changes his angle too often to be anything other than.

I feel like he has decides what he doesn’t believe as he leapfrogs from viewpoint to viewpoint never landing on anything positive because it’s all about the journey ala post modernity

If we are talking about the same confused soul, he has gone from “registered Southern Baptist, whatever that is, to denier of Jesus as God, to denier of Paul and NOW Peter, denier of most of the N.T., rejecter of God’s Word, picking and choosing at will except for the Law of the O.T., and now to Judaizer. Sounds like a very confused troll…

Making his eternal bed…

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark
Ringman.

The problem I see is that you don't understand what sin is. To sin literally means "to miss the mark" as in if you were calling rifle shots, a hit or a sin.

You mistakenly think a sin is to break a rule you have read in the Bible.

Can you give me a reference, please?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IZH27
As an atheist you have no freaking say as to what God did or did not allow. Hells bells. You don’t believe in God.

We are talking about logic and morality. Do you think it's moral, fair or just to punish the innocent for the actions of their parents?

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
Ringman.

The problem I see is that you don't understand what sin is. To sin literally means "to miss the mark" as in if you were calling rifle shots, a hit or a sin.

Ever been convicted for not doing something good as much as for doing something wrong?

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Everyone needs to read: Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind

IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT
We are told - "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men......" Romans 5:12....which is problematic when it comes to a question of ethics.

Whose ethics?

From whence come ethics if there is no objective standard of right and wrong?

The universe doesn’t have any sense of right and wrong. In the universe, what is, is, and nothing more.

Godless evolution attempts to explain the “how” of the universe but its own parameters deny its ability to explain the “why”.

Basic ethics, justice and decency. The 'sin' of the father is not passed onto the following generations by any standard of justice, where the innocent are not punished for the actions of their ancestors.

its all relative morality until a higher power holds sway.

but its funny as fugk an atheist coming up with a "standard" with regard to decency and ethics.

Again Whos Ethics , yours? mine? some fugkin dope addict living in a tent in Seattle?
Joe O'Bidens ethics? Paul Keating? Prince Charles? Meegan Markle? How about Camilla Parker Bowels should I do as Camiller does?

Whos ethics will save the world and put us on a path to peace and spiritual fulfilment ?

Logic: is it fair to punish the children for the actions of their parents?

If a crime is committed by the parents, the children did not do the crime, they may not even know what was done.

It neither logical, reasonable or ethical that the innocent are punished for the actions of the perpetrator.

Invoking God or saying 'God works in mysterious ways' does not resolve the issue.

So you’re anti abortion?

This issue is not about me or you, just a matter of ethics.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT
We are told - "Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men......" Romans 5:12....which is problematic when it comes to a question of ethics.

Whose ethics?

The universe doesn’t have any sense of right and wrong. In the universe, what is, is, and nothing more.

Godless evolution attempts to explain the “how” of the universe but its own parameters deny its ability to explain the “why”.

Basic ethics, justice and decency. The 'sin' of the father is not passed onto the following generations by any standard of justice, where the innocent are not punished for the actions of their ancestors.

but its funny as fugk an atheist coming up with a "standard" with regard to decency and ethics.

Again Whos Ethics , yours? mine? some fugkin dope addict living in a tent in Seattle?
Joe O'Bidens ethics? Paul Keating? Prince Charles? Meegan Markle? How about Camilla Parker Bowels should I do as Camiller does?

Whos ethics will save the world and put us on a path to peace and spiritual fulfilment ?

If a crime is committed by the parents, the children did not do the crime, they may not even know what was done.

It neither logical, reasonable or ethical that the innocent are punished for the actions of the perpetrator.

Invoking God or saying 'God works in mysterious ways' does not resolve the issue.

The ethical problem that you think you see in verses like Deut.5:9 is not an ethical problem but a translation problem. There are no causative verbs in the original language. The King James authors lived in a monarchy and translated through that bias.

I made no mention of that verse.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
The world is not simple. Life is not simple. The universe is vast and incomprehensible.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Love the Lord God with all your heart and love your neighbor as you love self.

Forgive if you expect to be forgiven.

its pretty simple?

.... "now here's where it gets tricky."

RIP Chuck.

As written by ancient man expressing what they believe about the world....from God - which version? - we hear and see nothing.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ringman.

Ever been convicted for not doing something good as much as for doing something wrong?

No reference?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by efw
We’re all damned if we’re judged by our works. You can’t say a more condemning thing than that.

Every time Jesus said “I am” the Pharisees were angered to a murderous degree. Why?

Read the story of the Moses & the burning bush wherein God the Father reveals His name.
Jesus did NOT claim to be God and had plenty to say about works, deeds, actions, or whatever you want to call it/them.

Of course Jesus said a great deal about deeds/actions/works I never said He didn’t.

Just because you say He didn’t say something He clearly said doesn’t make it so. Why would you not answer the question re: the offense of the Pharisees? It wasn’t rhetorical.

Matthew 25:31-46. DEEDS!

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
To place more emphasis on the Hebraic roots of Christianity than on the New Covenant that Jesus came to establish…the very New Covenant that Jeremiah prophesied about in the old testament…is an unhealthy emphasis.

The Hebrew Roots Movement places significant emphasis on the Mosaic Law (the old covenant) even though Christians are clearly no long under obligation to the specific commands that God gave specifically to the ancient Israelites. This is clearly taught by Jesus Himself, and by His apostle Peter, and by James, His own brother.

​Those in the Hebrew Roots Movement focus on proselytizing to Christians…and the “fence-sitters”…in order to gain more followers, instead of reaching out to the lost with the hope that Jesus offers. They also put a stumbling block (the Law of Moses) in the way of those who would turn from their sin and accept Jesus’ invitation to participate in His New Covenant.

And those in the Hebrew Roots Movement rob the glory that is due Jesus Himself for His work on the cross, and instead glorify their own attempted law-keeping.

Despite some here not accepting the New Testament, I will quote Galatians 5:4
"You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeing to be justified by Law; you have fallen from grace."

Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
For you guys who emphasize piety could you share with us what specifically you have done to become more holy and more righteous? What have you done to “help” the Holy Spirit bear more fruit in your life; what you have done to make or help God make you more holy or righteousness?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
How about “You foolish Galatians. Who has bewitched you”?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT

Whose ethics?

So you’re anti abortion?

Oh, ethics ! A concept made up and purveyed by human beings, imperfect as we are. Now, beyond the thoughts/words of ordinary humans (the inventors) where is any tangible evidence that the concept of ethics could be sound, or of any worth? Maybe just a hypothetical matter?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
[quote=Hastings][quote=efw]

"I and the Father are one." Jesus, John:10:30, in addition to what efw cited above.
And the Secretary of State goes to China an says "I speak for the president".

Who was Jesus praying to? Himself? Who was he referencing when he said "my Father''? Himself?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT

Whose ethics?

So you’re anti abortion?

Oh, ethics ! A concept made up and purveyed by human beings, imperfect as we are. Now, beyond the thoughts/words of ordinary humans (the inventors) where is any tangible evidence that the concept of ethics could be sound, or of any worth? Maybe just a hypothetical matter?

What you naively overlook is that ethical standards are related to, not the gods, but tangible things, actions that have consequences for those who are effected, someone is harmed, something is taken, etc, which sets social standards of behaviour, also enshrined in law where penalties apply.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Ringman.

No reference?

So, you need scriptures to answer that question?

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT

Whose ethics?

The ethical problem that you think you see in verses like Deut.5:9 is not an ethical problem but a translation problem. There are no causative verbs in the original language. The King James authors lived in a monarchy and translated through that bias.

I made no mention of that verse.

I know you didn't. I picked it out as a possibility, which is why I said, "verses like."

Is there a particular passage you find unethical?

Last edited by RHClark; 04/21/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT

What you naively overlook is that ethical standards are related to, not the gods, but tangible things, actions that have consequences for those who are effected, someone is harmed, something is taken, etc, which sets social standards of behaviour, also enshrined in law where penalties apply.

Once again you are pretending to read minds - I overlook nothing of the sort and know much of the history of social standards and law. Your response is meaningless to that post - all of your comment pertains to inventions of mankind - for mankind. Mere humans.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by DBT

Whose ethics?

So you’re anti abortion?

I think the concepts of local ethics are quite valuable in understanding scripture. Many of the laws and regulations imposed in scripture are more about not violating the laws of fellow human beings to be rebellious than about simply doing things the way God wants. All the dress code scriptures are a perfect example.

Page 86 of 108 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 22magnut, 65 invisible), 1,831 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,246
Posts18,525,054
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.