Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 88 of 108 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 107 108
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The 'curse of Adam' makes no sense. Not ethically, not morally, not in terms of reason, justice, mercy or fairness.

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We should stick with worship instead of going after each other.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by DBT
The 'curse of Adam' makes no sense. Not ethically, not morally, not in terms of reason, justice, mercy or fairness.

Dude-ette

You obviously try to submarine threads on religion, Christianity is your target. You throw baby Bi-tch fits, ridicule, demean, belittle with excellence. You are being given kudos for your work. We recognize you for being an epic prick. You excel. Why don't you STFU and revel in the glory that you have worked so hard to achieve.

You are an evolutionary materialist. I support you in your endeavors. All here support you and most recognize the achievements that you have accomplished.

STFU. Reflect. Throw another shrimp on the barbi. Pop a cold Fosters and eat a blooming onion with chipotle sauce. You have arrived and we applaud your and your inbred cousins accomplishments.

Rock on like AC/DC. Hells Bells, Highway to Hell and all that stuff.....

Last edited by IZH27; 04/21/23.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by DBT

There is no “sense”, “morality”, “reason”, “justice” or “fairness” without an object standard against which to judge.

Your worldview leaves no room for any objective so your assertions above contradict your own foundational presupposition.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DBT

I just reread your posts during the fake Covid pandemic and how you constantly praised your facist government, fake science and how proud you were that you got all of the experimental jabs.

Compare that with many pure blood, pro science, anti facist christians on here that value free speech, individual rights, independent anti facist thought, gun ownership and science.

And it turns out that you're a big fraud when it comes to intellect and personal freedom.

Now go turn in your gun owning neighbor to your Aussie NAZi leaders and get your 8th covid booster like a good weak minded kaaahunt moron

Last edited by ribka; 04/21/23.
IC B2

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
Your answer paraphrasing Apostle Paul is as broad as can be. It does not tell me anything.
Nope, my answer was clearly as I’ve described it. And I think it’s more likely that I’m not telling you specifically something you want to hear…something that you can further attack and ridicule.
Since I cooperated with your request, please "tell us what being a disciple of Jesus means to you," if you would, please.
I have.
If your answer was so "detailed and clear and concise" I wouldn't be asking for examples, would I?
You forgot “encompassing,” my response was also encompassing.
Remember what I responded to you when you wanted me to post something about "Follow Me"? I told you I wanted to be a student. I also posted something about you wanting to make me look bad. You didn't believe me about wanting to be a student. Perhaps that was because you are not used to sincerity.
Or perhaps it’s because I ‘am’ used to insincerity, and ‘tactical’ questions, etc..
Please give us some examples of "being a disciple of Jesus" from your life.
I have, encompassingly so.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27
Let's not forget what David was inspired to write:
Referencing David brought a question to my mind that I've wondered about. Did David receive salvation? Did Solomon? Nebuchadnezzar?

David and Solomon are listed as progenitors of Jesus. As are Rahab and Ruth, both of whom were not born Jewish.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
The sheer brilliance of our founding fathers, regardless or your personal beliefs, is that they put in our constitution that all of our individual rights are protected by a supreme being and cannot be removed or changed by any human being

Australia is controlled by facist unqualified morons and can take away every right on a whim, like fake pandemic, like in 2020 during Covid

We have our share of unqualified morons running our country but at least we have our constitution which they want to destroy along with our basic God given rights

Of course low IQ facists, anti science morons like 9mmmaus her and DBT bag lack the intelligence to understand this

Last edited by ribka; 04/21/23.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Why is it that some people just can't let other folks believe in what they want without being an over bearing POS about it? Do you think anybody gives two schitts that Australian jackasses are Atheists? Nobody cares and nobody is knocking on your door to convert you. I can almost understand (exclamation on almost) that there are some people who don't believe in God, but to intentionally seek out people who do and attempt to run them down or ridicule them is a old form of retardation.

-Piss into the wind.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
Let's not forget what David was inspired to write:
Referencing David brought a question to my mind that I've wondered about. Did David receive salvation? Did Solomon? Nebuchadnezzar?

David and Solomon are listed as progenitors of Jesus. As are Rahab and Ruth, both of whom were not born Jewish.

The Psalms of David are filled with references to Christ. The same faith, the faith of Abraham, righteousness given and based on the promise of God was the righteousness that David professed and enjoyed, the same righteousness and good confession given to all, who after the resurrection believe. Faith imparted in the OT as the saints looked forward to the advent of Christ. Faith after the Advent of Christ that looks back to that specific point in time when God became man, as man lived a perfect life, in so doing fulfilled the demands of the law for all who believe that Christ is messiah. Faith that is gifted to the believer and rests in the promise of God rather than the ability of the man.

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"The Fourh Man in the Fire".

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"The Fourh Man in the Fire".

Exactly. The OT is fully about Christ.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Thank you Sir.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
"On a hill stood an old rugged Cross".

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ribka
...all of our individual rights are protected by a supreme being and cannot be removed or changed by any human being

LOL!!!

All indications are that your supreme being is man-made. Too fucking funny!

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Your answer paraphrasing Apostle Paul is as broad as can be. It does not tell me anything.
Nope, my answer was clearly as I’ve described it. And I think it’s more likely that I’m not telling you specifically something you want to hear…something that you can further attack and ridicule.
Since I cooperated with your request, please "tell us what being a disciple of Jesus means to you," if you would, please.
I have.
If your answer was so "detailed and clear and concise" I wouldn't be asking for examples, would I?
You forgot “encompassing,” my response was also encompassing.
Remember what I responded to you when you wanted me to post something about "Follow Me"? I told you I wanted to be a student. I also posted something about you wanting to make me look bad. You didn't believe me about wanting to be a student. Perhaps that was because you are not used to sincerity.
Or perhaps it’s because I ‘am’ used to insincerity, and ‘tactical’ questions, etc..
Please give us some examples of "being a disciple of Jesus" from your life.
I have, encompassingly so.

You are breaking my heart. Your lack of honesty is overwhelming me with sadness.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Have any of you been slammed to the ground by God, ripped to shreds, totally destroyed and left in dispair?

No.

That must've been some bender you were on. You okay now?

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Exactly what time, eastern time, do the convicts go to bed? Asking for a friend.

-Piss into the wind.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Have any of you been slammed to the ground by God, ripped to shreds, totally destroyed and left in dispair?

No.

That must've been some bender you were on. You okay now?

I suggest everyone on here read your posts from 2020 to 2022 to show what a dumb weak coward you were during the fake Covid pandemic

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
When the children reach adulthood they need to humbly come to the Lord to save them. God’s Word teaches in 1 Peter 3:21, “And corresponding to that, baptism now saves you-not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience-through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.”

For many, Baptism as they reach what their church considers "Adulthood"/"Age of Consent" for lack of a better term, is nothing more than a ceremony of affirmation to God, the Church, Family, and friends of that which he/she has always known. They have known that Christ has washed away their sins every day since they could toddle.
Your last thought reminded me of my error. I thought I got saved for me. Not true! Take a look at this:
“Since you have in obedience to the Truth purified your souls for a sincere love of the brothers, fervently love one another from the heart, for you have been born again, not of seed which is perishable, but imperishable, through the Living and abiding Word of God.”
Some children are raised in the Church. They know and love Jesus from their "days of innocence".

Please tell me the mechanism of the epiphany in which they are "born again" into knowledge, love, humilty of that which they have been trained since they could talk.

You tell us that any who truly give themself over to Christ will be saved.

Then you tell us this knowledge must come as a realization sometime after adulthood.

The two statements are directly contradictory.

Logic and experience dictates, one needs no epiphany to understand that which he had been taught since birth.[/quote]

I think you have me confused with another poster. I don't think in the term "who truly give themself over to Christ will be saved". I think in what Jesus says, "You must be born again." If one is taught from birth the teaching of Jesus he will hear, "You must be born again." They must be humble enough to realize they are lost sinners in need of being born again and washed clean by the Blood of Jesus.

Perhaps YOU do not think in this manner. Yet it is said over and over in the Bible. Your statement is contradictory to this doctrine. I repeat myself again and again. I have known many youths who have all the knowledge, love, humility that you say is necessary to be saved.

Yet they are doomed to Hell? Because their parents trained them well from birth? Rather than they came to this knowledge at some point after adulthood?
I wrote an essay to answer the question, When does God impute sin? so I could know what I believe and support if from Scripture. If you want I will private message it to you. Then you will understand why I say each person needs to make an adult decision.

In this essay, did you explain how a Student shall forget everything he knows of God, so that he can reacquire the same knowledge at a later date, and thus be "Born Again"?

To practice every day that which you know to be true is an adult decision. Every Day!

Perhaps you need to define for me the term "Born Again". As I understand the term to mean a sudden realization of that not previously known. A soiled soul washed clean in a way not previously known. An epiphany!

Is it possible that different verses were written for different audiences?

Is it possible that one who does not know Christ as a child, does need to learn of Christ as an adult, and thus be "Born Again"?
While some who have been trained in the Ways of Christ from birth, will never experience this epiphany?

Your comments, if I did not believe them to be mistaken, would convince me that training children to love Christ is to doom them to eternal damnation.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Page 88 of 108 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (257Bob, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,237
Posts18,524,883
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.