Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by 69sportfury
Watch unchartedx and/or Brian Forester on YouTube.

Neither really provide any explanations, but point out a LOT of things that Egyptologists don't.

Like what?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Clarkm
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I was there two weeks ago Cairo is a chit hole. Pyramids are amazing but they sit surrounded a third world city of 22 million.

and they somehow manage to photograph them like they are in the desert.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Google Maps
https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...3d29.9792345!4d31.1342019!16zL20vMDM2bWs

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Houston_2
I was there two weeks ago Cairo is a chit hole. Pyramids are amazing but they sit surrounded a third world city of 22 million.

With about zero traffic signals.

With every driver constantly honking their horns all day and all night, the Muezzins call to prayer five times a day.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
And when it rains, it comes down as black soot from all the pollution.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The Sphinx is way smaller than I thought it would be.The area around the great pyramid smells like barnyard piss big time. Pictures we took from the backside on the camels with the pyramids in the background were amazing. Thought the step pyramids were more interesting.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Maya built some fantastic pyramids in Central America. I have climbed the big pyramid at Chichen Itza, it is something else.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by CRJ1960
The Sphinx is way smaller than I thought it would be.The area around the great pyramid smells like barnyard piss big time. Pictures we took from the backside on the camels with the pyramids in the background were amazing. Thought the step pyramids were more interesting.

Used to be lots of discussion that the head used to be a lion, after the constellation Leo. Haven't heard how that concluded

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Also conjecture that the pyramids were polished, and at a certain day in the spring the rising sun would reflect a beam of light skyward visible for miles, heralding the beginning of the planting season.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Etoh
Originally Posted by CRJ1960

Used to be lots of discussion that the head used to be a lion, after the constellation Leo. Haven't heard how that concluded
Unless they find more evidence, that'll be debated for the next 100 years.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by dropem
Estimated at 4600 years old pretty impressive. I would like to see them but like hanco don’t care for that part of the world.

I think they are probably older than that. But even if that is the date, it is amazing to realize that someone living in the time of Jesus is closer in time to us than he would have been to the builders of the great pyramids.

And if you want to consider Cleopatra as more or less last of the pharaohs, then that same civilization was still extant right up until the time of Jesus. Just an incredibly ancient civilization that is more of less incomprehensible to us now. The knowledge they must have accumulated and has since been lost is mind blowing.

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Houston_2

With about zero traffic signals.

With every driver constantly honking their horns all day and all night, the Muezzins call to prayer five times a day.

A constant din.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
As far as advanced technology goes, conjecture that the slope of the pyramids, was the same as the sand in an hour glass. When the sand reached a certain level it would collapse. Suggestion was they knew about self organizational criticality. And symmetry of scales much like looking at a Mountain range in the horizon and noting they are the same angle of slope.
the article also suggested they knew Fibonacci sequences, which leads to series expansion (Taylors expansion, etc.). Author argued as they didn't have pi in their math, they didn't need it. They used more powerful math tools.

One thing for sure, the people there now didn't build all that stuff.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Current thought is showing that the ancient Egyptians DNA was related more to European and north areas around Turkey

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The outer layer of finish stones has been stripped from the pyramids over the centuries, stolen for other uses. So they were really spectacular as originally built. Weathered, worn and damaged still incredible structures. Humans have built some magnificent things.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
"Angle of repose."

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"Angle of repose."

Thanks for that, I have never heard of the geological explanation.

In non-linear dynamics its known as organization at different levels of bifurcation. Angle of repose would be the snapshot in time.

Characteristic of 3rd order systems have an equilibrium or basin of attraction. Coast lines also share this attribute., as well as the veins in you body and the veins in the leaf plants. As well as the hormone systems of all living.

The ancient Egyptians also could test for the hormone levels of women using plants, noting that for higher estrogens would cause the plants to grow faster, meaning the woman was pregnant. If the Egyptians knew this , and thought pi was Childs play, hmmmm

self organizational criticality is recognized by some to be the first step in intelligent beings.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by plumbum

Neither really provide any explanations, but point out a LOT of things that Egyptologists don't.

Like what?

Many of the shows out there, including these mentioned show machine marks (large diamater saw marks) drill holes (tube/coring). The extreme accuracy of the work completed, etc. Eqyptologists will try to explain that copper/sand were use, or pounding stones were use.

There's a 2 million (estimated) lb. obelisk that was abandoned after it cracked god only knows when. The shows show scoop marks in granite around the obelisk that are extremely uniform, but Eqyptologists will state pounding stones were used, etc. Nothing explains that it also would have had to been listed 12-15 feet and dropped down in the quarry, there's no modern machinery that can do that task and if it was extremely difficult or impossible, why would they have even bothered trying.

All the megatlithic stones throughout the world that weight 10's of thousands of lbs, yet moved with extreme precision. Makes no common sense to work with such huge stones, obelisks, etc. if it would be next to impossible to move after excavation.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Finterestingasfuck%2Fcomments%2F11ts3ro%2Fthe_unfinished_obelisk_in_aswan_egypt_is_a%2F&psig=AOvVaw29LG5V68XO0HsMh_9ii8Jz&ust=1682190409122000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CBAQjRxqFwoTCIDn3N7Vu_4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAZ

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by plumbum

Like what?

Many of the shows out there, including these mentioned show machine marks (large diamater saw marks) drill holes (tube/coring). The extreme accuracy of the work completed, etc. Eqyptologists will try to explain that copper/sand were use, or pounding stones were use.

There's a 2 million (estimated) lb. obelisk that was abandoned after it cracked god only knows when. The shows show scoop marks in granite around the obelisk that are extremely uniform, but Eqyptologists will state pounding stones were used, etc. Nothing explains that it also would have had to been listed 12-15 feet and dropped down in the quarry, there's no modern machinery that can do that task and if it was extremely difficult or impossible, why would they have even bothered trying.

All the megatlithic stones throughout the world that weight 10's of thousands of lbs, yet moved with extreme precision. Makes no common sense to work with such huge stones, obelisks, etc. if it would be next to impossible to move after excavation.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Finterestingasfuck%2Fcomments%2F11ts3ro%2Fthe_unfinished_obelisk_in_aswan_egypt_is_a%2F&psig=AOvVaw29LG5V68XO0HsMh_9ii8Jz&ust=1682190409122000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CBAQjRxqFwoTCIDn3N7Vu_4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAZ

Have seen the abandoned obelisk, was pretty impressive. Big crack shut that project down, what a bummer. Wish I knew which thumb drive the pics are on so I could post. Need to charge up the old I-pad and see if they’re there.

Last edited by CRJ1960; 04/21/23.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lots of questions about Easter Island, too.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's been many years, 1989, but riding around them on a camel filled a bucket list item. Even then the city encroached quite a ways toward them. Utterly fascinating! From the 20th floor of the Marriot was possible to see them occasionally through the smog but mostly in the morning before the traffic picked up.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,562
Posts18,491,792
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.