Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
JCube….This isn’t a yes or no question game and it’s slightly more involved than what your simple mind can absorb.

This case isn’t a hunters education exam and your “gun safety” rules do NOT carry the weight of the law but it was cute that you tried to make a point….you’re wrong as usual but nice job with your misplaced questions. 👍🏼

Keep trying….one day you might accidentally make a point. 😉

So, for a simple man. What are the rules of gun safety?

Bet you won't quote em...for a simple man.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A trigger being pulled, aimed at another human, is a simple yes or no.

It went bang, or it didn't.

Ironically, it matters where that firearm was pointed...

Ymmv

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
They should use inoperable prop guns on film sets, incapable of firing live ammunition. Just thinkin out loud.

I believe that they are supposed to...
There is also supposed to be no live ammunition on set.
The fact that they had a practice range on a set where the producer/funder is an outspoken anti-gun advocate tells me that his political position is bull chit.... At least where celebrities are concerned...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 04/22/23.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Knarley_Bob
"They" did an 'autopsy' on the gun Balwin used in the shooting on the movie set "Rust". The charges have been dropped due to the results of the autopsy. Seeing as how the gun in question had "Worn joints and the "Trigger control" wasn't working properly, it wasn't his fault.

I must admit I feel quite ignorant at this point. I have been shooting Cowboy Action for 16 years, and have no idea where the "Joints" on a SAA revolver are, and silly me, I thought the "Trigger control" was my finger. (Trigger finger)

Can any of you learned people explain to where these parts are? Inquiring minds would like to know.............

KB
Knarley Bob, do you have a source on the "worn joints" report? I'd like to send it to someone I know who is looking for info on why Baldwin's charges have been dropped.

As you, I have no idea what that "worn joints" could be ... and I've owned seven Colt Single Action revolvers over the years, First, Second, and Third generation, have taken them apart to clean them many times, am very familiar with every part in one, and I haven't the faintest idea what is meant by whomever wrote that report.

Thanks.

L.W.

L.W., here's one example of the BS story. The media is full of one version of this "faulty joints" story or another. grin

I'd like to know exactly who did the "autopsy" on the SAA... laugh

I'd also like to know what modifications were made to that gun that made it a hazard... especially given the premise it shouldn't have been loaded with live ammo on the set of a movie. eek

Given your profession, would say the story is the work of a Hollywood script writer who had a knowledge scale of 0 on a scale of 0-10 of SAA? It sure sounds like it. So sad that 99% of people reading won't know the difference.

New Mexico prosecutors formally dropped involuntary manslaughter charges against “Rust” producer and star Alec Baldwin on Friday, hours after reports surfaced that the replica Colt .45 pistol had a faulty trigger that could go off without being pulled.

“Investigators effectively conducted an autopsy of the Colt .45 revolver and found that there were worn joints and that the trigger control was not functioning properly, according to the source,” ABC reported Friday, citing multiple sources it did not identify.

The Santa Fe District Attorney’s on Thursday confirmed that it would drop the charges of involuntary manslaughter against Baldwin. At the time, the Los Angeles Times reported that the firearm had been “modified” in a way that could make it a hazard. Friday’s revelation took that a step further, and corroborates what Baldwin has been saying since telling ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos that he did not pull the gun’s trigger.

“I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them, never,” Baldwin told Stephanopoulos in the wake of the shooting.

Prosecutors at first charged Baldwin with a firearms enhancement that carried a mandatory minimum five-year sentence. Under the most recent charges, a misdemeanor, Baldwin had faced 18 months in New Mexico jail.

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, the film’s armorer, was also charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter over the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. Prosecutors said Thursday that the charges against Gutierrez-Reed “remain unchanged.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rust-charges-against-alec-baldwin-202815715.html

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The difference in this case when compared to any other accidental shooting is the fact that a paid “expert” was employed as the armorer and ultimately was THE person responsible for the safety of firearms on the set.

If I hire an “expert” mechanic to maintain the vehicles used in the movies and he forgets to connect the brake lines or add brake fluid and one of the cars loses it’s brakes and kills someone on the set is it the driver or the mechanic that is at fault?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The difference in this case when compared to any other accidental shooting is the fact that a paid “expert” was employed as the armorer and ultimately was THE person responsible for the safety of firearms on the set.

If I hire an “expert” mechanic to maintain the vehicles used in the movies and he forgets to connect the brake lines or add brake fluid and one of the cars loses it’s brakes and kills someone on the set is it the driver or the mechanic that is at fault?

While I agree with that, and have served as an armorer on movies, what would you say about the producer who hired that idiot girl?

THAT was Baldwin as well. Being as he was paying for most of the movie production costs himself, he "cheaped out" and got exactly what he paid for... A clown show "armorer" on a clown show movie.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought the FBI's forensic lab thoroughly analyzed the revolver and found that it was in perfect condition. According to the Pundit report, it was Baldwin's attorneys that reported that the trigger had been worked on. That would kind of leave me wondering who would I trust the FBI or Baldwin's attorneys.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deltakid
I thought the FBI's forensic lab thoroughly analyzed the revolver and found that it was in perfect condition. According to the Pundit report, it was Baldwin's attorneys that reported that the trigger had been worked on. That would kind of leave me wondering who would I trust the FBI or Baldwin's attorneys.

LOL! Exactly!

Both have a credibility rating of zero.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ROCKINBBAR - " ... Given your profession, would say the story is the work of a Hollywood script writer who had a knowledge scale of 0 on a scale of 0-10 of SAA? It sure sounds like it. ..."

RB, the story sounds more like something that would come from Baldwin's publicity agent, or his lawyer's planted "firearms expert."

Just guessing.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I despise Alec Baldwin and everything he stands for.
But for the record, I fail to see why he was charged in the first place. It was the hired armorer’s responsibility to maintain weapons and ammo on the set, not the dipschit actors. Keep digging folks.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Yep, it is the responsibility of the armorer to ensure a safe workplace. A workplace that in this instance involved acting out wild west shoot ups and pointing guns. The actors play their part, the armorer makes sure that the guns are safe. She failed in her duty of care and her job. .

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

While I agree with that, and have served as an armorer on movies, what would you say about the producer who hired that idiot girl?

THAT was Baldwin as well. Being as he was paying for most of the movie production costs himself, he "cheaped out" and got exactly what he paid for... A clown show "armorer" on a clown show movie.

B….I’ve thought about that angle as well but I’m left with the same opinion. To continue my analogy of the mechanic….I’d hold the armorer (mechanic) responsible for their mistake. If the mechanic possesses the proper credentials, licenses and other professional documentation and there is nothing to indicate a history of carelessness in their professional life then I believe that the person that did the hiring (Baldwin) did their due diligence.

A reasonable series of questions regarding the producer’s culpability would be..did the producer ignore warnings about the armorer? Was there a history of carelessness and neglect that others knew about that should’ve been investigated? Would a reasonable person be able to predict that something like this could happen or was there a high likelihood of something dangerous happening based upon the armorers history?

I despise Baldwin but if he followed standard industry guidelines and practices with his hiring of the armorer and there were no obvious red flags then I don’t think he was negligent or neglectful.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem shooter
was their ever any doubt ,he would get off?... libs take care of their own

+1

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
"THAT was Baldwin as well. Being as he was paying for most of the movie production costs himself, he "cheaped out" and got exactly what he paid for... A clown show "armorer" on a clown show movie."

Wrong! That was the production company that hired her - again! after being fined the max for her actions on a previous movie for her dangerous acts. Baldwin was "Producer" in name only to add celebrity recognition and earn few back end bucks if the movie made money. The supervising producer that hired the production company could be sued successfully perhaps for not noticing an obvious risk.

There's shenanigans galore with this gun that only now can shoot itself. It's shameful expediency so the movie can begin filming again. The new production could not be bonded until the legal exposure was settled. So settled it is. Guns do kill! See? Now the idiot girl who killed and injured and nearly destroyed a famous actor will walk free as well. Win, win win!

Last edited by Crash_Pad; 04/23/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DBT
Yep, it is the responsibility of the armorer to ensure a safe workplace. A workplace that in this instance involved acting out wild west shoot ups and pointing guns. The actors play their part, the armorer makes sure that the guns are safe. She failed in her duty of care and her job. .

Can you find anything in NM law that absolves Baldwin's action and places criminal liability on the armorer alone?

If I tell the bartender not to let me get drunk and to limit me to four drinks, then I coax my buddy into ordering rounds, I don't think I'm too drunk to drive, will they give the bartender the DUI?

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Originally Posted by drop_point
Originally Posted by DBT

Can you find anything in NM law that absolves Baldwin's action and places criminal liability on the armorer alone?

If I tell the bartender not to let me get drunk and to limit me to four drinks, then I coax my buddy into ordering rounds, I don't think I'm too drunk to drive, will they give the bartender the DUI?

I recall a time when they.would go after bartenders and restaurants insurance because the driver was overserved....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
ROCKINBBAR - " ... Given your profession, would say the story is the work of a Hollywood script writer who had a knowledge scale of 0 on a scale of 0-10 of SAA? It sure sounds like it. ..."

RB, the story sounds more like something that would come from Baldwin's publicity agent, or his lawyer's planted "firearms expert."

Just guessing.

L.W.

laugh

Agreed. With a healthy dose of MSM added.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad
"THAT was Baldwin as well. Being as he was paying for most of the movie production costs himself, he "cheaped out" and got exactly what he paid for... A clown show "armorer" on a clown show movie."

Wrong! That was the production company that hired her - again! after being fined the max for her actions on a previous movie for her dangerous acts. Baldwin was "Producer" in name only to add celebrity recognition and earn few back end bucks if the movie made money. The supervising producer that hired the production company could be sued successfully perhaps for not noticing an obvious risk.

There's shenanigans galore with this gun that only now can shoot itself. It's shameful expediency so the movie can begin filming again. The new production could not be bonded until the legal exposure was settled. So settled it is. Guns do kill! See? Now the idiot girl who killed and injured and nearly destroyed a famous actor will walk free as well. Win, win win!

You obviously soak up every tidbit the mainstream media utters.

Tell us all about your extensive movie industry firsthand experience... LOL.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Crash_Pad

You obviously soak up every tidbit the mainstream media utters.

Tell us all about your extensive movie industry firsthand experience... LOL.

Dude, all you gotta do is read. Or, you can actually listen and or watch informed experts on the various topics involved. Or you can mock intelligent folks that do and remain ignorant if not fundamentally stupid.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (1Longbow, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 43 invisible), 1,703 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,867
Posts18,497,454
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.