Print Thread
Hop To
Page 95 of 108 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 107 108
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IZH27
You originated this thread. A Primary premise of the original post is life in the Spirit.
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by antlers
Do y’all think that Jesus meant for it to be a ‘way of life’ or just another system of faith and worship (a religion).
Thanks for quoting the original “original post.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp
All I have to say is I have a personal relationship with Christ/God through the Holy Spirit... spiritual faith...
I believe you. Wholeheartedly. And it’s unique to you, and to you’re life, as is any personal relationship.

this, this again and this some more.

how can it be anything but this?
my favorite color is the color of magnesium burning, Others like yellow, or baby blue or even shades of gray. Some like black or white. It isnt possible for us to perceive anything perfectly the same, other than dark and light, pain or comfort etc ....and even that is interpreted in degrees?

we are not the byproduct of a molding facility. trust me there is a divine reason everyone's fingerprints are different.

this, one more time in case anyone missed it.

.... like tears in the rain
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by krp
All I have to say is I have a personal relationship with Christ/God through the Holy Spirit... spiritual faith...
I believe you. Wholeheartedly. And it’s unique to you, and to you’re life, as is any personal relationship.

this, this again and this some more.

how can it be anything but this?
my favorite color is the color of magnesium burning, Others like yellow, or baby blue or even shades of gray. Some like black or white. It isnt possible for us to perceive anything perfectly the same, other than dark and light, pain or comfort etc ....and even that is interpreted in degrees?

we are not the byproduct of a molding facility. trust me there is a divine reason everyone's fingerprints are different.

this, one more time in case anyone missed it.
I appreciate your insight. A lot.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
So then your life is demonstratively no different than anyone else’s?

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

How is anyone's life demonstratively NOT different from everyone else's?

That's the reason we need the Holy Spirit to guide us rather than a set of rules.

If you mean Christians deal with the same issues everyone does, then yes that's true and is stated many times in scripture..

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Different parts of my life are similar to different parts of other's lives... as a whole I'm different than anyone else.

Kent

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I’m referencing the paradigm that antlers has constructed.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/24/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by IZH.27
Conflicting ideas of truth. Views that cannot coexist as truth because one stands in direct opposition to the other.
There is plenty of that to be found here. I find it almost amazing that some folks can find Jesus and some of the rest of the NT contributors in harmony.

The Christianity of all the mainline denominations I know of was hijacked centuries ago and left Jesus in the dust.

The NT was canonized by ''church fathers'' with an agenda to combine church and state with all its attendant power of life and death. Jesus is only given lip service.

What are some of the conflicts that you see?
I'm baling hay today, just came in for a bite. I'll get back to you this evening or tomorrow. But I would suggest reading Jesus' teachings in the gospels with an emphasis on Matthew and compare his doctrine to Paul in those letters. Check out the book of Acts and see if it doesn't appear that Paul was rescued from the true followers of Jesus by the Roman authorities. Check out the 2nd chapter of Revelation where Jesus commends the church at Ephesus for running Paul off. Check out the letter to Timothy where Paul admits to being disowned by the churches of Asia (Ephesus is an Asian church). More later, I have to get back on a tractor, but almost all modern "Christianity" is based on Paul and his works count for nothing and his disenfranchisement of the Hebrew religion.

P.S. get a modern translation to study unless you are really good at the archaic English in the KJV. I might suggest the NIV with a Living Bible just for comparison. The living Bible does take too much liberty at times but it is good sometimes for clarification. I never could understand what Paul was driving at in the old KJV and then I found out he was mostly chasing his tail (tale) and lying.

Last edited by Hastings; 04/24/23. Reason: added word

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Conflicting ideas of truth. Views that cannot coexist as truth because one stands in direct opposition to the other.
There is plenty of that to be found here. I find it almost amazing that some folks can find Jesus and some of the rest of the NT contributors in harmony.

The Christianity of all the mainline denominations I know of was hijacked centuries ago and left Jesus in the dust.

The NT was canonized by ''church fathers'' with an agenda to combine church and state with all its attendant power of life and death. Jesus is only given lip service.

I'm baling hay today, just came in for a bite. I'll get back to you this evening or tomorrow. But I would suggest reading Jesus' teachings in the gospels with an emphasis on Matthew and compare his doctrine to Paul in those letters. Check out the book of Acts and see if it doesn't appear that Paul was rescued from the true followers of Jesus by the Roman authorities. Check out the 2nd chapter of Revelation where Jesus commends the church at Ephesus for running Paul off. Check out the letter to Timothy where Paul admits to being disowned by the churches of Asia (Ephesus is an Asian church). More later, I have to get back on a tractor, but almost all modern "Christianity" is based on Paul and his works count for nothing and his disenfranchisement of the Hebrew religion.

P.S. get a modern translation to study unless you are really good at the archaic English in the KJV. I might suggest the NIV with a Living Bible just for comparison. The living Bible does take too much liberty at times but it is good sometimes for clarification. I never could understand what Paul was driving at in the old KJV and then I found out he was mostly chasing his tale and lying.

Here we go, yet again…the Holy Bible says the ascended Lord gave Paul a new gospel: that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the grave. The focus was on His finished work. The 12 disciples did not understand that Jesus’ death was “good news” and that Jesus’ death and resurrection would from then on be associated with salvation.

Peter (at the Council of Jerusalem in 51 AD) eventually recognized that Jews would from then on have to be saved as Gentiles, Acts 15:6-11. Paul preached the equality of Jews and Gentiles in Christ, and Paul’s gospel of grace was taught from then on instead of the gospel of the kingdom. Believers were from then on, even now, under grace and not the Mosaic Law.

Just as God established His plan for Israel with Abraham, God also began a new plan with Paul after the Jews rejected Him. The gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are about God’s earthly kingdom to Israel and reveal why that earthly kingdom did not come to earth. Israel had an opportunity to have its earthly kingdom on earth at that time, only IF she had repented, Matthew 6:10.

Paul was chosen by God to become the light to the Gentiles after the Jews rejected Jesus, Acts 13:47-48. Again, rejecting Paul is rejecting Jesus and His salvation. One cannot know God and be saved apart from Paul’s gospel, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. If you don’t believe that, you are calling God a liar. Those who criticize Paul are criticizing Jesus and are not Christians.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48

P.S. get a modern translation to study unless you are really good at the archaic English in the KJV. I might suggest the NIV with a Living Bible just for comparison. The living Bible does take too much liberty at times but it is good sometimes for clarification. I never could understand what Paul was driving at in the old KJV and then I found out he was mostly chasing his tale and lying.

Here we go, yet again…the Holy Bible says the ascended Lord gave Paul a new gospel: that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the grave. The focus was on His finished work. The 12 disciples did not understand that Jesus’ death was “good news” and that Jesus’ death and resurrection would from then on be associated with salvation.

Peter (at the Council of Jerusalem in 51 AD) eventually recognized that Jews would from then on have to be saved as Gentiles, Acts 15:6-11. Paul preached the equality of Jews and Gentiles in Christ, and Paul’s gospel of grace was taught from then on instead of the gospel of the kingdom. Believers were from then on, even now, under grace and not the Mosaic Law.

Just as God established His plan for Israel with Abraham, God also began a new plan with Paul after the Jews rejected Him. The gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are about God’s earthly kingdom to Israel and reveal why that earthly kingdom did not come to earth. Israel had an opportunity to have its earthly kingdom on earth at that time, only IF she had repented, Matthew 6:10.

Paul was chosen by God to become the light to the Gentiles after the Jews rejected Jesus, Acts 13:47-48. Again, rejecting Paul is rejecting Jesus and His salvation. One cannot know God and be saved apart from Paul’s gospel, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. If you don’t believe that, you are calling God a liar. Those who criticize Paul are criticizing Jesus and are not Christians.
Maybe, maybe not.

Jesus did warn against those that would claim to have seen him in the desert (road to Damascus?) and make false claims. You might better check your hole card. May have misread it. If someone comes up with a different teaching than the actual recorded teachings of John the Baptist and Jesus watch out. They taught salvation through repentance and they never voided the Jewish covenant.

Paul very likely was a Roman agent and evidence points that direction way more than it points to him being an apostle. I know it is hard to admit the possibility of being wrong.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark

That's the reason we need the Holy Spirit to guide us rather than a set of rules.

If you mean Christians deal with the same issues everyone does, then yes that's true and is stated many times in scripture..

Without a set of rules from an Absolute Authority, how does one know what is right and wrong? Without God's Word to guide us, how would serious believers know homosexuality is not from God?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by JSTUART
It is generally a good rule of thumb to believe that any arse that feels the need to tell you how godly he is...is a lying cunt.

I couldn’t agree more. A man that understands truth and how that applies to himself soon realizes that he a sinner rather than a paragon of virtue.

A man that understands and values truth wouldn't class himself as a sinner. Those of faith are sinners. I'm not a sinner. It's great, you guys should try it sometime.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
1 John 1:8-10
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

P.S. get a modern translation to study unless you are really good at the archaic English in the KJV. I might suggest the NIV with a Living Bible just for comparison. The living Bible does take too much liberty at times but it is good sometimes for clarification. I never could understand what Paul was driving at in the old KJV and then I found out he was mostly chasing his tail (tale) and lying.

I prefer to go to the original language when deeper questions arise or something needs clarification.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Maybe, maybe not.

Jesus did warn against those that would claim to have seen him in the desert (road to Damascus?) and make false claims. You might better check your hole card. May have misread it. If someone comes up with a different teaching than the actual recorded teachings of John the Baptist and Jesus watch out. They taught salvation through repentance and they never voided the Jewish covenant.

Paul very likely was a Roman agent and evidence points that direction way more than it points to him being an apostle. I know it is hard to admit the possibility of being wrong.

Oh Hastings, you poor confused person. You don’t seem to know if you’re a “registered Southern Baptist”, (didn’t know Southern Baptists were registered, lol), a Unitarian, an atheist, or a Judaizer. What are you, except confused?

One thing is certain about you: You have over and over and OVER rejected God’s Holy Word. You really believe you can pick and choose what portions of God’s inspired and God-breathed scripture that you wish?!?!?! How arrogant and self-righteous of you.

You have obviously hardened your heart in unbelief to the truth. You only want to believe what YOU, in your self-righteousness, want to believe, picking and choosing, and rejecting what doesn’t suit whatever beliefs you don’t have on a certain day…You want to antagonize, argue, deceive, and promote dissension. Man, you is making your eternal bed. Rejecting Jesus as Savior and God is a scary thing. I would caution you to be careful rejecting God’s Holy Word. A false Jesus cannot save you. Unless get the divinity of Jesus correct, you will die in your sin, John 8:24.

“For if you will not believe who I am, you will die in your sins.” Jesus IS God!! He is the way, the truth, and the life!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P.S. Those who believe Paul was a quack or a false apostle are calling our Almighty and Sovereign God a liar. They are deceived and are trying to deceive others.

There is NO gospel of salvation without Paul. Paul commanded us to copy him and to shun anyone who says otherwise. Anyone is cursed who preaches a different gospel from Paul’s, Galatians 1:6-9

One has to believe Paul’s gospel to be saved: that Jesus as GOD died for our sins and rose from the dead. Paul’s gospel is THE only valid gospel, Acts 15:11, and decreed by Peter. If you reject Paul, you have tossed it all away, goodbye…there is no salvation for one who rejects Paul.

One MUST believe that our God Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the dead. That is Paul’s gospel. Do you believe that, Hastings? It is salvation by faith alone, not faith and works, as was required by Jews in the kingdom gospel.

One can believe Paul’s gospel, which was revealed to Paul by our ascended Lord, or one can harden their heart and not believe God and believe God is a liar….making your eternal bed, choose wisely.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sitting in church yesterday I thought about this thread and ALL that have posted in it. I said a general prayer for everyone for His wisdom to fill the hearts of the curious. A little later on during the sermon Pastor was relaying a story about a 17 year old girl that was killed. He talked about the impact of her faith and love and how much she’d done in such a short time. Then he read her last and final journey entry that she wrote the night before she was killed. I didn’t know and don’t know if it applies to this thread but I kinda think it’s pertinent, pertinent enough that I was inspired to scribble it down so I could pass it on. This 17 year old young lady wrote this prayer in her journal and I thought it captured, at least, the essence of her “walk with Jesus”……

”God, place broken-hearted people in my path and fill me with You so I can let Your love heal their pain. Amen.”

Her prayer wasn’t so that she could heal them because she couldn’t! Wise beyond her years and taken too soon!

I thought about several of the questions posed here and I thought about the answers. Faith is personal but a REAL PERSONAL relationship with Christ is more than personal it’s “intimate and deep”. Just like every relationship we have in our lives is different from the next our relationships with Jesus are different. We pray different, we think different, we are emotionally different

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by RHClark

Without a set of rules from an Absolute Authority, how does one know what is right and wrong? Without God's Word to guide us, how would serious believers know homosexuality is not from God?

I suppose because God said he would put his laws in our minds and write them on our hearts. Heb.8:10

Maybe you need to ask him why you have to read all yours.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P.S. Those who believe Paul was a quack or a false apostle are calling our Almighty and Sovereign God a liar. They are deceived and are trying to deceive others.

There is NO gospel of salvation without Paul. Paul commanded us to copy him and to shun anyone who says otherwise. Anyone is cursed who preaches a different gospel from Paul’s, Galatians 1:6-9

One has to believe Paul’s gospel to be saved: that Jesus as GOD died for our sins and rose from the dead. Paul’s gospel is THE only valid gospel, Acts 15:11, and decreed by Peter. If you reject Paul, you have tossed it all away, goodbye…there is no salvation for one who rejects Paul.

One MUST believe that our God Jesus died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the dead. That is Paul’s gospel. Do you believe that, Hastings? It is salvation by faith alone, not faith and works, as was required by Jews in the kingdom gospel.

One can believe Paul’s gospel, which was revealed to Paul by our ascended Lord, or one can harden their heart and not believe God and believe God is a liar….making your eternal bed, choose wisely.
I may have asked you this before but I don't remember. Are you a preacher/pastor?

Page 95 of 108 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 22magnut, 65 invisible), 1,831 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,246
Posts18,525,054
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.