Hop To
Page 97 of 108 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 107 108
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by krp
Even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
Yep.
Originally Posted by krp
But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.
Yep.

Apostle John said that, “Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.”

He makes the point that Jesus' earthly ministry could not be fully detailed in a single book.

Do you believe that you are to be doing the works of Christ as a believer?

GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Do not be amazed that I said to you, You must all be born from above. The wind blows wherever it will, and you hear the sound it makes, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Do not be amazed that I said to you, You must all be born from above. The wind blows wherever it will, and you hear the sound it makes, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.
Yep.

Apostle John documented that Jesus criticized the local religious leaders for never hearing the voice of God.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
None of your random quotes are in question.

Neither do they justify your positions that the Holy Spirit has instructed you in personal knowledge outside of scripture and brought you to knowledge that is in direct contrast to scripture.

This is your religion.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
How long have you guys been involved in Neu apostolic reformation theology?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark
That might be a relevant point if the commandments had been given as a set of rules to live by. The commandments were only given to reveal sin and conclude all under sin so that all would learn that they couldn't be justified by the deeds of the law. The commandments have never been given as a set of rules to live by. That thinking is only in modern church doctrine preached by people who have no understanding of grace or faith.

Gal.3-5 lays it out quite plainly.

So you want us to believe God uses One Scripture to neuter Other Scriptures?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
That might be a relevant point if the commandments had been given as a set of rules to live by. The commandments were only given to reveal sin and conclude all under sin so that all would learn that they couldn't be justified by the deeds of the law. The commandments have never been given as a set of rules to live by. That thinking is only in modern church doctrine preached by people who have no understanding of grace or faith.

No!!
What are you even talking about? You can't understand a single scripture without the context and you can't understand context by a single scripture. You are kind of like the guy who said he wanted to do exactly what God said so he opened his bible and read a single verse. It said "And Judas went and hanged himself." He said to himself, "that can't be what God wants." so he picked another verse at random. It said "Go and do though likewise."

The fact of Gal.3-5 as I have explained is confirmed with many other scriptures. The correct way to interpret scripture is with all scripture so that none disagree in how you understand the whole and it's purpose.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IZH27
And yet it has been clearly demonstrated that antlers has been “led into truth“ that Jesus did not teach from the Scriptures,…
Again, why must you rely on your intentional mischaracterizations and disingenuousness, and flat-out lies, in order to support your position…?

From 4/1/23:
Jesus and His apostle’s appropriately leveraged the Old Testament when they were makin’ their case to their ‘Jewish’ brothers and sisters. But when the Gospel was being preached to the Gentiles (non-Jews), they weren’t havin’ verses from the Old Testament fired at em’, a more recent development was emphasized. Current events sufficed.
From 3/16/23:
Jesus and His Apostle’s appropriately leveraged the Law and the Prophets when they were trying to sway their Jewish brethren, but when the they were preaching to the Gentiles, they clearly weren’t slingin’ Old Testament verses at em’. They leveraged a much more recent event, the foundational event of Christianity.
From 3/2/23:
Jesus and His apostle’s appropriately leveraged the Law and the Prophets to make their case to their Jewish brethren in the first century. But when preaching to Gentiles in the first century, Jesus’ apostle’s leveraged a more recent development ~ the resurrection.

Preach to us some more about ‘truth’ and ‘sin’ from the same mouth (and heart) that you’re doing the above with.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Could you not simply be imagining the responses that people are “giving you”?

As I was driving riding along the road to a mountain bike trail last evening, a very hot lady about ten years my junior, driving a nice new Tesla took the time to stop and allow me to safely leave the gravel parking lot to enter the road. She made eye contact and gave me one of the most beautiful smiles that I’ve seen in a long time, a smile from deep within and from extremely warm and beautiful eyes.

Well! I’ll tell ya. My mind imagined quite a few things after that.

I guess anything is possible, or impossible depending on how you see it.

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I wasnt aware God wrote the Bible? I thought it was Joo's? Am I mistaken?

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

Christians added a verse that says it is all inspired by God. Inspired by doesn't exactly mean quoted from though, does it?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
And yet it has been clearly demonstrated that antlers has been “led into truth“ that Jesus did not teach from the Scriptures,…
Again, why must you rely on your intentional mischaracterizations and disingenuousness, and flat-out lies, in order to support your position…?

From 4/1/23:
Jesus and His apostle’s appropriately leveraged the Old Testament when they were makin’ their case to their ‘Jewish’ brothers and sisters. But when the Gospel was being preached to the Gentiles (non-Jews), they weren’t havin’ verses from the Old Testament fired at em’, a more recent development was emphasized. Current events sufficed.
From 3/16/23:
Jesus and His Apostle’s appropriately leveraged the Law and the Prophets when they were trying to sway their Jewish brethren, but when the they were preaching to the Gentiles, they clearly weren’t slingin’ Old Testament verses at em’. They leveraged a much more recent event, the foundational event of Christianity.
From 3/2/23:
Jesus and His apostle’s appropriately leveraged the Law and the Prophets to make their case to their Jewish brethren in the first century. But when preaching to Gentiles in the first century, Jesus’ apostle’s leveraged a more recent development ~ the resurrection.

Preach to us some more about ‘truth’ and ‘sin’ from the same mouth (and heart) that you’re doing the above with.

Jesus is throughout the OT. You’ve said that he wasn’t.
The NT texts are known to have been circulated throughout the church. Along with the OT text and the writings of the Apostles Christ was preached to the world. That is a simple matter of history. You’ve said that the scripture wasn’t used (OT) to preach the message outside the ministry of Christ to the Jewish nation. Again, not supported by the witness of the NT or the recorded history of the church.

Christ and the apostles leveraged the law? Not sure what you mean by that since the law never was intended to make anyone righteous. The Gospel, the message of the promised Messiah, was preached from the beginning of the OT to the end of the NT. Same message about the same Christ, the same faith in the same God.

Serious question. If Christ wasn’t preached from scripture what do you see the message of the Gospel being to the post resurrection world? What was that message?

Last edited by IZH27; 04/25/23.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is no Jesus in the OT.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Movin’ the goalposts are ya’ now…? shocker

You go from this:

And after it was proven that your above assertion was not only an intentional and disingenuous mischaracterization…it was also a flat-out lie…to this:
Jesus is throughout the OT. You’ve said that he wasn’t.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

Christians added a verse that says it is all inspired by God. Inspired by doesn't exactly mean quoted from though, does it?

I'd say it matters ? no disrespect intended toward anyone , but I think its good to keep in mind it wasnt written by God himself.

Didnt Joo's also decide which volumes and authors were to be included or not? as I understand it there were several "the book of's" left out? and then there are the Dead Sea Scrolls.

OK general question: Do you think King James of KJV fame translated the Bible absolutely faithfully or being a King (and as Kings often do) might'a bent things a smidge to fit what benefited him more so than less so , when there was a question? Sorta fudged it so to speak?

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Christ and the apostles leveraged the law? Not sure what you mean by that…
Just another one of your intentional and disingenuous mischaracterizations…and flat-out lies. shocker

What I said was:
From rom 4/1/23:
From 3/16/23:
From 3/2/23:

The Law and the Prophets…what we call the Old Testament…are the Hebrew Scriptures.

And you know it.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
My experience is faith is forged and tempered in the here and now.

Kent

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Just another one of your intentional and disingenuous mischaracterizations…and flat-out lies. shocker

What I said was:
From rom 4/1/23:
From 3/16/23:
From 3/2/23:

The Law and the Prophets…what we call the Old Testament…are the Hebrew Scriptures.

And you know it.

So as the Hebrew Scriptures tbe OT doesn’t relate to the NT?

I’ve been trying to wrap my mind around the idea that the Gospel was spread and the world changed outside the preaching it the Gospel from the word. I can’t get there.

Is it your contention that the Holy Spirit worked in some (organic?) inward manner and drew people to the faith through what they were seeing experienced and lived in the lives of the early Christian’s?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

What I said was:
From rom 4/1/23:
From 3/16/23:
From 3/2/23:

And you know it.

Antlers said:

And you know it.

That's just it. That doesn't add up.

In the Book of Acts, after the Ascension Peter preached from the OT text. Stephen did the same just before he was stoned.

When Philip was sent to the Ethiopian Eunuch he found the man reading from Isaiah. He asked him if he understood what he was reading. The Eunuch asked how he could unless someone guided him. "Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus".

We know that Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles. Paul and Barnabas in Antioch preached Christ, the message of the Gospel from the Text of the OT. Acts 13:32 And we bring you the good news that what God promised the fathers, this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus, as also it is written in the second Psalm.........the rest of that sermon being littered with texts from the OT, text used to preach Christ and the Gospel.

OT texts are constantly referenced throughout the NT books.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/26/23.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Page 97 of 108 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (257Bob, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 06hunter59, 57 invisible), 1,771 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,240
Posts18,524,908
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.