Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
For the few "budweiser boycott" effectiveness deniers here-on!
The "boycott" is working rather well in my opinion.

LINK: https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ing_to_beer_industry_research_firms.html

Sheesh - this site seems to get more dimwits lurking here every year.
I mean denying reality is, well, stupid.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I’m thinking another big one is coming in the months ahead.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

LINK: https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ing_to_beer_industry_research_firms.html

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

There's a difference between denying that a boycott is happening and understanding that, given their position in the marketplace - you can't kill AB dead. At most, you hurt them on one brand or two - not the dozens they own because the dozens they own are carefully marketed so you don't know they own them. Unless you're a beer nerd.

You do realize that Bud Light sells the same volume as Coors Light and Miller Light COMBINED - right? You think there's capacity in the brewspace to simply DOUBLE Miller Lite/Coors Light production to kill Bud Light on a 1:1 basis?

Jeeze - I mean AB products like Michelob and Busch Light are UP since the boycott - Michelob Ultra (+0.4% in dollar sales, +2.2% in domestic super premium dollar share for the week ending April 15), Busch Light (+3.6% in dollar sales, +0.1% in below premium dollar share)

That period where BL dropped to #4 in line for draught beers - Michelob Ultra was #1 instead - ahead of MillerCoors offerings.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Alot of dumbasses living in fantasy world on this site. They think the dollar is doing great, America is just peachy and boycotts dont work.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Keep boycotting them and all woke companies!!!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
There's a difference between denying that a boycott is happening and understanding that, given their position in the marketplace - you can't kill AB dead. At most, you hurt them on one brand or two - not the dozens they own because the dozens they own are carefully marketed so you don't know they own them. Unless you're a beer nerd.

I'm a beer nerd, and I show it. I get that and I don't think anyone really wants AB dead but a "boycott" does serve a useful purpose well beyond this particular case in that it shows companies that we really don't want them to engage in telling us how to live and what we should support. I want companies to make great products people want to buy and as a stockholder of companies I want them to make money.

All my investing is with Fidelity and I participate in their surveys. It's very clear that investors (80%+ of them) want Fidelity to not consider Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors in buying companies. This woke crap is going to snap back hard.

Last edited by Pugs; 04/25/23. Reason: fix quote

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pugs

I'm a beer nerd, and I show it. I get that and I don't think anyone really wants AB dead but a "boycott" does serve a useful purpose well beyond this particular case in that it shows companies that we really don't want them to engage in telling us how to live and what we should support. I want companies to make great products people want to buy and as a stockholder of companies I want them to make money.

All my investing is with Fidelity and I participate in their surveys. It's very clear that investors (80%+ of them) want Fidelity to not consider Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors in buying companies. This woke crap is going to snap back hard.

Does Fidelity listen to that feedback?

My point is this - conservative boycotts hurt they don't kill and AB will not go broke. As I said - sales of Busch Light and Michelob are up. Why? Because people don't know who is what and that's by design.

A whopping 2 people are on leave, maybe the board cans the CEO but in 4 months - BL's share comes back. Dick's is doing fine, Levis is doing fine, Ruger is doing fine, Springfield Armory is doing fine, Pro Sports are doing fine etc - all "targets" of conservative ire.

We just don't hold the line well enough. Also - in this case, it's literally like the population of Wyoming trying to fight the Chinese - vastly out numbered in volume. Will it hurt - yes, will it maim or kill - absolutely not.

Me

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What a glorious happenstance to see America's Silent Majority rise up in collaborative unison.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Boycotts make a splash short term. In a few weeks no one will care. For one thing, every major beer brewer has done exactly the same thing. If you boycott every beer maker that has supported gay rights, you'll be making your own.

I've seen calls to boycott dozens of companies over the years. They make a lot of noise at 1st then quickly die and the company usually comes back stronger. Never seen a boycott have any long-term effect.

The photo of Kid Rock drinking a Bud Light with a drag queen and all of the ads showing every other major beer maker supporting gay rights just show the hypocrisy of boycotting Bud Light.

https://www.newsweek.com/half-americas-10-most-popular-beers-have-lgbt-partnerships-1793173

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/04/06/5-beer-companies-that-support-the-lgbtq-community-in-2023/

https://www.newsweek.com/kid-rock-mocked-photo-drinking-bud-light-drag-queen-1793067

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from wompampsupport.azureedge.net]

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by DMc
What a glorious happenstance to see America's Silent Majority rise up in collaborative unison.

Heck yeah!
Bud Light was never on my menu, But I don't mind making the promise to never again knowingly drink any Budweiser or inbev products.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Based on the reports I think so. I have seen substantially less advertising and push from them on ESG. Maybe it's hidden but I don't think so.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
[quote=JMR40]Boycotts make a splash short term. In a few weeks no one will care. For one thing, every major beer brewer has done exactly the same thing. If you boycott every beer maker that has supported gay rights, you'll be making your own.

Well negative Nelly maybe in your household but not mine! I have yet to purchase any Nike stuff let alone wear any I had since that dumb groid started kneeling and claiming he was oppressed
Yea I realize that all the beer companies support it heck most of any corporation does to some extent,,,HOWEVER I don’t see them plastering it on a can or box
I have no problem with gays and lesbians but this transgender bull is nothing but a major mental issue not a gender issues

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anheuser-Busch distributors are meeting with the company in Washington, DC, on Tuesday.

Bet they get an earful.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pugs

My point is this - conservative boycotts hurt they don't kill and AB will not go broke. As I said - sales of Busch Light and Michelob are up. Why? Because people don't know who is what and that's by design.

A whopping 2 people are on leave, maybe the board cans the CEO but in 4 months - BL's share comes back. Dick's is doing fine, Levis is doing fine, Ruger is doing fine, Springfield Armory is doing fine, Pro Sports are doing fine etc - all "targets" of conservative ire.

We just don't hold the line well enough. Also - in this case, it's literally like the population of Wyoming trying to fight the Chinese - vastly out numbered in volume. Will it hurt - yes, will it maim or kill - absolutely not.
Dicks lost all of the field and stream stores. Ours shut down here due to their antigun stance. A huge portion of their business went bye bye. Boycotts work and the left does it better than anyone. we need to do the same

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and if we all would have kept our mouths shut, that horse faced liberal c unt would still be employed and they would still be doing the tranny chit

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I just learned that you can drink Modelo, Corona, and Pacifico in good conscience. Those brands are owned by AB for the rest of the world but in the US and Mexico they are owned and manufactured by a completely separate company called Constellation Brands. When AB tried to buy them the government sued them alleging that the acquisition violated anti-trust laws. The settlement was that AB would not own them or be affiliated with them in any way in the US and Mexico. So, if you buy those brands here, not a penny will go to AB.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's not ideal, but in the long run, the boycott doesn't have to "kill" anything. It just needs to send a message. The message may not even be received by the target, but I guarantee, in this case, a lot of smaller players are listening, players that can't afford the hits that A-B can.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BTW, Bud Light is on sale at the local grocery! laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've been boycotting butt light since before it was cool.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

267 members (1minute, 204guy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 16penny, 257_X_50, 1beaver_shooter, 36 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,438
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.