Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Yep. Somewhere on the internet is picture of 3D printed (wire welded) crane hook that was stress tested to 80,000 lb load.
this one? LINK

[Linked Image from 3dprintingindustry.com]

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
My son started doing this back when he was on down time in the Navy.

He has made a few things for folks like prototypes and such and has been having a ball with doing figures from sci-fi books/shows.

He tried to teach me some of the cad drawing stuff but i just did not have the time that day for it to take.

It's amazing what can be done with these machines/computers.

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
RC, that is the one. Intended use is I think slinging containers.

Richj, butt stock would be fairly easy. Use a long stock screw like a shotgun. Fore end might be bit more challenging for fitment and bonding.

Szumi, not familiar with air rifles. Are you referring to a component in the moderator?

Last edited by Orion2000; 04/23/23.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been using Fusion360 for the past 4 or so years. It's similar to AutoCAD but much cheaper. I sometimes use Inkscape to clean up or edit files. Sheetcam creates the G-code and away I go. Most of my drawings are 2D components but I wanted to get familiar with a good 3D CAD so the transition would be easy if the need ever arose.
Just what I need, another toy. smile

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rockchuck - I had no idea the material was THAT strong.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You guys are amazing!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Rockchuck - I had no idea the material was THAT strong.
There are lots of different materials used. You wouldn't want to use plastic for that job.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by White_Bear
I've been using Fusion360 for the past 4 or so years. It's similar to AutoCAD but much cheaper. I sometimes use Inkscape to clean up or edit files. Sheetcam creates the G-code and away I go. Most of my drawings are 2D components but I wanted to get familiar with a good 3D CAD so the transition would be easy if the need ever arose.

I was poking around on AutoDesk website. According to one comparison chart, "looks like" Fusion360 does not do 3D (STL or OBJ) output files? What file type are you passing from Fusion360 to slice in Sheetcam to generate your G-code files? Or, maybe that was just the Free version I was looking at?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
DXF is what I normally use. SGV also works. The free version doesn't generate DXF anymore but it's under $500/yr or less if you catch it on sale. Inkscape is good for "snipping" files off the interweb and turning them into a bitmap. SheetCam produces a TAP file and I believe it's mach4 that runs everything else. Proma builds the controller that runs the steppers etc. on my machine.

Do not feed the bear!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
One of you guys needs to reproduce the discontinued BogPod shooting rest that screws onto a tripod. Guys that have them swear by them and never let them go.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is way above my pay grade but I find it very interesting. Hope you guys keep posting things you have done and made.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I use my CNC table daily. I wish pics were easier to post here. I can produce very impressive parts but can't post pics. lol.

Do not feed the bear!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I was poking around on AutoDesk website. According to one comparison chart, "looks like" Fusion360 does not do 3D (STL or OBJ) output files? What file type are you passing from Fusion360 to slice in Sheetcam to generate your G-code files? Or, maybe that was just the Free version I was looking at?

The paid version of Fusion360 does OBJ and STL as well as others.

Do not feed the bear!

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O

The paid version of Fusion360 does OBJ and STL as well as others.

That's what I figured. As a hobbyist, I prefer a "buy once, cry once" payment arrangement...

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Robb10238
One of you guys needs to reproduce the discontinued BogPod shooting rest that screws onto a tripod. Guys that have them swear by them and never let them go.

I thought I posted this above. Mea culpa if this is a repeat. I scanned the BOG website. If you already have a bi-pod, I did not notice anything on their website that could not be functionally reproduced with a 3D printer. 3d print the cradle. Then CA glue in either (a) low cost, a piece of mouse pad with the no-skid bottom facing the rifle stock, or (b) more up scale, a piece of sorbothane cut to fit.

For $300 you could be in business !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Szumi, not familiar with air rifles. Are you referring to a component in the moderator?

Yes

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I use my CNC table daily. I wish pics were easier to post here. I can produce very impressive parts but can't post pics. lol.

This is to help out, I know 'it really is easy' is not so easy when you haven't succeeded before. Just try it.

1. go to www.postimages.org
2. click 'choose images'
3. choose the image on your device to upload
4. to the right of 'hotlink for forums' (the 7th row from the top), single click the blue/white button to copy the link (or alternatively, highlight and copy the actual link)
5. paste that string of the link into your 24hourcampfire response

It literally is 5 steps that I can upload and post a picture in 10 seconds??? Can do the exact same thing from my phone using exact same steps. Try it. If it doesn't work, leave up the link and somebody will be able to tell you where you went wrong.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Neat stuff for sure...

Boat up in Maine... Bridge in Amsterdam... Concrete printed homes...

Fascinating to watch as folks sort out the bugs.

https://interestingengineering.com/...inted-steel-bridge-unveiled-in-amsterdam

https://www.sq4d.com/

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bought this from a guy in Maine. $110 and works great. Spent all of 5 min setting it up and most of that was spent getting out of the packaging.

The tube system works like a Lee but with 7 tubes.

LNL case feeder

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
OP, thanks for the pics and info! When I had a job I installed connected and serviced production printers and other aggravating office equipment. Retired now and can't stand the thought of another "printer" crazy grin

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

316 members (2alphas2, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 163bc, 34 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,214
Posts18,503,947
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.