Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 100 of 108 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 107 108
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
Are we out to please ourselves or our Master ? The only real thing that Jesus wants is our entire self ,that is that we do nothing that puts him second . Lord give us your Grace to put you first !

“To account nothing of one's self, and to think always kindly and highly of others, this is great and perfect wisdom.”
― Thomas à Kempis, The Imitation of Christ
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
version,

Fantastic prayer. Fantastic goal.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

He makes his angels spirits, and his servants flames of fire.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by krp
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

Ya reckon?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by krp

Oneness Theology?

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by IZH27
Christ and the apostles leveraged the law? Not sure what you mean by that…
Just another one of your intentional and disingenuous mischaracterizations…and flat-out lies. shocker

What I said was:
From rom 4/1/23:
Jesus and His apostle’s appropriately leveraged the Old Testament when they were makin’ their case to their ‘Jewish’ brothers and sisters. But when the Gospel was being preached to the Gentiles (non-Jews), they weren’t havin’ verses from the Old Testament fired at em’, a more recent development was emphasized. Current events sufficed.
From 3/16/23:
Jesus and His Apostle’s appropriately leveraged the Law and the Prophets when they were trying to sway their Jewish brethren, but when the they were preaching to the Gentiles, they clearly weren’t slingin’ Old Testament verses at em’. They leveraged a much more recent event, the foundational event of Christianity.
From 3/2/23:
Jesus and His apostle’s appropriately leveraged the Law and the Prophets to make their case to their Jewish brethren in the first century. But when preaching to Gentiles in the first century, Jesus’ apostle’s leveraged a more recent development ~ the resurrection.

The Law and the Prophets…what we call the Old Testament…are the Hebrew Scriptures.

And you know it.

Antlers said:
The Law and the Prophets…what we call the Old Testament…are the Hebrew Scriptures.

And you know it.

That's just it. That doesn't add up.

In the Book of Acts, after the Ascension Peter preached from the OT text. Stephen did the same just before he was stoned.

When Philip was sent to the Ethiopian Eunuch he found the man reading from Isaiah. He asked him if he understood what he was reading. The Eunuch asked how he could unless someone guided him. "Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus".

We know that Paul was the Apostle to the Gentiles. Paul and Barnabas in Antioch preached Christ, the message of the Gospel from the Text of the OT. Acts 13:32 And we bring you the good news that what God promised the fathers, this he has fulfilled to us their children by raising Jesus, as also it is written in the second Psalm.........the rest of that sermon being littered with texts from the OT, text used to preach Christ and the Gospel.

OT texts are constantly referenced throughout the NT books.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Oneness Theology?

Bible verse, I didn't suggest any theology.

Kent

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Oneness Theology?

Kent

Do you believe in the Trinity, the Triune God?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp

Oneness Theology?

Kent

No wonder you are constantly confused.

Kent

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
So you are a Oneness Theology Penticostal?

Do you believe that God is one being who manifests Himself through different modes, those modes being The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit?

Last edited by IZH27; 04/27/23.
IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
How many alternate theologies have you studied?

Kent

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Enough to fairly easily find heresies and heretical teachings.

Modalism is not only a heresy but also blasphemous.

Last edited by IZH27; 04/27/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
To believe that you first have to believe against all evidence that Jesus was God. A claim he never made. He was a lot of things such as messenger from God, Messiah, prophet, Rabbi (teacher), he had supernatural healing power, etc.

But the Roman church and subsequently its descendants stitched a bunch onto Jesus and his teachings. A simple message has become pretty messed up by folks with various agendas.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Hastings
To believe that you first have to believe against all evidence that Jesus was God. A claim he never made. He was a lot of things such as messenger from God, Messiah, prophet, Rabbi (teacher), he had supernatural healing power, etc.

But the Roman church and subsequently its descendants stitched a bunch onto Jesus and his teachings. A simple message has become pretty messed up by folks with various agendas.

Hastings. I have no desire to jump down that rabbit hole with you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hastings

There you go yet again calling God a liar and rejecting His Holy Word.

Jesus said He is God, John 10:30

John said Jesus is God, John 1:1-5, 14 (clearly says Jesus is God)

Thomas said Jesus is God, John 20:28

Peter said Jesus is God, 2 Peter 1:1

Paul said Jesus is God, 1 Timothy 3:16, Titus 2:13

Jude said Jesus is God, Jude 1:1

James said Jesus is God, James 1:1

If Jesus is not God, His death could not have paid for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2

Only God could pay for the sins of the entire world by dying, being buried, and then being resurrected, 2 Corinthians 5:21

The Father and Jesus are equally God, the same God, 1 Corinthians 8:6

Once again, the Word of God clearly proves Jesus is God.

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is, who was, and who is to come, the Almighty”, Revelation 1:8

Pretty simple to understand that Jesus is God, but the message has gotten messed up by messed-up folks. YOUR agenda is pretty obvious.

When your knees bow before Jesus, are you going to have the audacity to tell Him that He isn’t God?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Whitetail

I’m going on a faint memory but recall hearing a discussion concerning the person of the words used for God in OT text. If I’m remembering correctly, there are instances where the word is written as plural but pronounced as singular. Does that ring a bell with you?

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's just it.
No. That’s not just it.

You intentionally insinuated that I asserted that Jesus and His apostles leveraged “the law” when I clearly did not assert that.

Have you no shame…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Whitetail

I’m going on a faint memory but recall hearing a discussion concerning the person of the words used for God in OT text. If I’m remembering correctly, there are instances where the word is written as plural but pronounced as singular. Does that ring a bell with you?

There are quite a few various names for God in the OT. I think Elohim, which was used many times, is a plural word but not sure about the pronunciation. There are also compound names. Some of the “El — “ names for God are used with other descriptive words (El Qanna, El Olam, El Shaddai).

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
That's just it.
No. That’s not just it.

You intentionally insinuated that I asserted that Jesus and His apostles leveraged “the law” when I clearly did not assert that.

Have you no shame…?

Ace. You need to figure out one version and go with it. I

Christ taught himself from scripture.

The Apostles taught Christ and the Gospel from scripture, what you call the Hebrew Scriptures.

The whole of your unorthodox version of the Gospel and history of the church,even church history, crumples and falls.

I don’t believe for one nanosecond that the Holy Spirit took you down that path. Do you follow the path of error all on your own.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Whitetail

There are quite a few various names for God in the OT. I think Elohim, which was used many times, is a plural word but not sure about the pronunciation. There are also compound names. Some of the “El — “ names for God are used with other descriptive words (El Qanna, El Olam, El Shaddai).

I wish that I could remember the conversation to go back and find me comments.

Page 100 of 108 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (219DW, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 52 invisible), 1,971 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,224
Posts18,524,645
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.