Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Ancient Israelites were God’s chosen people. Are they still God’s chosen people nowadays ~ Is the current nation of Israel still God’s ‘chosen’ nation…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Well, against all odds, God brought them back to the Middle East and Israel became a nation in 1948 after 1900 years. Repeated discrimination and pogroms didn't move them but the holocaust finally did. They still reject Christ but they play large in the Bible's eschatology. For that matter, many of the Jews around the world don't follow God, either, let alone Christ. They're secular Jews, with no religion. They've long since lost track of what tribes they belong to but God knows and his prophecies will come true as written. We just don't understand much of it yet. Revelation says that 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes will be sealed. There's a lot of questions about exactly what that means but many Christians believe it means that 144,000 Jews will come to know Christ and will become the greatest missionaries in history.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the biggest things I've struggled with concerning the Bible is this very subject. It has been very hard to believe that the Jews are still His chosen people, after the way they rejected Jesus. I'm not an anti'Semite, and I have always supported the nation of Israel in her struggles against the Arab nations that wish to wipe her off the face of the earth. But, given the way that most Jews are politically, especially those outside of Israel, it is hard for me to accept that they are still God's chosen ones. But, nowhere in the Bible does it say that they are not. I guess it's one of those things I'll always have trouble believing.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antlers
The Ancient Israelites were God’s chosen people. Are they still God’s chosen people nowadays ~ Is the current nation of Israel still God’s ‘chosen’ nation…?
The nation of Israel is made up of all who accept revelation in its fullness, spiritually in line with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. It's certainly not made of up of those who, to this day, applaud the crucifixion of the Son of God. Such are, in fact, excluded from the nation of Israel.

The polity residing in Palestine, referring to itself today as Israel, has nothing whatever to do with the Israel spoken of in Scripture, and its people are better characterized as Israel's enemies, and that by their own choice.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
The 144,000 of Revelation is a fixed number, all Jews... John in Rev 7:9 saw another group, UN-countable (constantly changing) - Christians.

Deut 32 GOD tells them what is in store for 'Israel' ..... but verses 44-47 indicates the 'land promise' while 'forever' from GOD, was also conditional as far as Israel's part.

Ephesians 2 explains that there are NO MORE Jews and Gentiles, but that we are all one New Man, much like it was in and shortly after the Garden, either Children of God or children of men......... now it is either In Christ or not... suggest reading Rom 6,7,8....

This allegory is further explained in Galations 3: 15 through gal 4:31 and into chap 5 --- 5:1 It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.

IMHU

So to answer the OP - It seems NO!

Last edited by Muffin; 04/28/23.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know that Paul said in Romans they are our “enemies” and Jesus called them “synagogues of Satan” ?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

I'll wait to hear from God before deciding? I mean if they're his peeps ....?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The way I handle it is I feel its between God and them. I don’t care, and I don’t support organizations that have become fronts for funding Israel in the name of God.

Most especially when they introduce legislation like recently to make it a crime to mention Jesus. Yes, they did !

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 04/28/23.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does God forsake his people? Did Jesus not reportedly say that he had only come to the lost sheep of the house of Israel?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by DBT
Does God forsake his people? Did Jesus not reportedly say that he had only come to the lost sheep of the house of Israel?

,.and the lost sheep followed Jesus. Those that didn't missed the bus. Basically, God sent the Messiah to show the correct path for Jews to follow. Those who followed the Messiah are the chosen.

If you're a Christian, how can you possibly see it any other way?

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Unfortunately, the chosen of the new covenant have largely turned their backs on God these days and their society is paying the price for it as spelled out by the Apostle Paul in Romans 1 starting at verse 18.

So here we are.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If they don’t convert to Christianity, their fate is between them and God. God tells me to Discern and to flee from evil.

Badda-Beep Badda-Bap Badda-Boop Badda-Beep Badda-Bing!

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 04/28/23.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by DBT

,.and the lost sheep followed Jesus. Those that didn't missed the bus. Basically, God sent the Messiah to show the correct path for Jews to follow. Those who followed the Messiah are the chosen.

If you're a Christian, how can you possibly see it any other way?
Precisely.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

lol. Israel has more spies in the US than any other nation yet we still give then hundreds of millions in aid. Its amazing how dumb, brain washed and blind Americans are to the truth.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'll take the bait. Isaiah foretold the return of the chosen to their land as did Ezekiel. Isaiah 66, the last chapter of Isaiah tells of the regathering of the people and how all the world will pay homage to Jerusalem.

Sorry, but God has obviously not forgotten his covenant with Abraham and his actual seed.

Notice that even now the Jews are less than 2% of the world population but they control the finance of the world.

Jesus never disowned the Jews and the first Christians were predominately Hebrew. Only after the Roman government took on what they called Christianity were the Jews as a race blamed for killing Jesus.

For the most part the nominal Christianity of today has no relation to the real Christianity of the Hebrew led churches of Israel and Asia Minor.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Hastings
Jesus never disowned the Jews

John 8:42-47,...the Messiah spells it out in plain language who they are that choose not to follow him.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send [or bring] peace, but a sword."

A sword divides.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

John 8:42-47,...the Messiah spells it out in plain language who they are that choose not to follow him.
The first Christians were by far mostly people born as Jews

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You can abandon God bit God will never abandon you.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

The first Christians were by far mostly people born as Jews

No doubt about it. They were the chosen who followed the Messiah that God sent to them. The rest of them missed the boat.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,387 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,540
Posts18,472,850
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.