Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Speaking of dicks...

How many of you have stopped a "dick" on the highway and had another "dick" pull up behind you?

What is your assessment of the officers actions?
Seemed like a full video. No missing "before".

I think he shows good personal survival skills.

"Professional" survival skills...maybe not so much.

Fair enough, what action, if any, would you recommend if they were in your department? You're the Lt. in charge.
And it's on the news .

I will reiterate my question. What would you do if you stopped a potential bad guy over on the interstate and his backup pulled up behind you?

You've just demonstrated an excellent example of the core problem. Cops thinking and assuming every citizen they encounter is a potential bad guy. Them vs us mentality. It's like pinning on that badge paints a stripe of yellow down their back. Cowards with guns, fragile egos and a superiority complex.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Speaking of dicks...

How many of you have stopped a "dick" on the highway and had another "dick" pull up behind you?

Fair enough, what action, if any, would you recommend if they were in your department? You're the Lt. in charge.
And it's on the news .

I will reiterate my question. What would you do if you stopped a potential bad guy over on the interstate and his backup pulled up behind you?

You've just demonstrated an excellent example of the core problem. Cops thinking and assuming every citizen they encounter is a potential bad guy. Them vs us mentality. It's like pinning on that badge paints a stripe of yellow down their back. Cowards with guns, fragile egos and a superiority complex.

Cops thinking and assuming every citizen they encounter is a good guy don't survive very long

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Speaking of dicks...

And it's on the news .

You’re retarded.

And you failed to answer the question.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Speaking of dicks...

I think he shows good personal survival sk

And it's on the news .

The first cop was a dick from the minute he made the stop. He wasn't worried about the "backup" at all, He went to his car after getting the license.
After he saw the second cop return to his vehicle, the first cop went to the "backup".
The second cop had 3 choices after confronting the "backup". He could verify the answer he got about father / son.
He could have stood quietly by the truck until the stop concluded. He could act like a complete maniac.
He chose poorly.
The cop initiating the stop should have concluded his business.
They both acted completely unprofessional, they lack the composure to be in law enforcement.

I'm not "anti-cop", actually the opposite, I have complemented our Sheriffs Office many times. (on here)
Those 2 hot head cops lack self control, never did I say all. This thread is about this particular video.

Or did I miss something?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by jorgeI
DICKS I hope he sues the f uck out of them

Me too. Cops are not above the law, but they sure pretend to be.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I do not know the law in Colorado for interference with an enforcement action/ hindering/ disobeying a lawful order from LE. So, I cannot comment on what they did there. It may have a good hook, maybe not. If that were my stop in my state. I would have just told dad what we were doing, and to stay in his vehicle. If dad interferes with the stop in any way like, exiting his vehicle and approaching us, he will be arrested for hindering. Then, print the coupon for following to close, watch daddy, issue coupon to son, conclude the stop, 10-8, code 17 x1. Fini

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Speaking of dicks...

And it's on the news .

Cops thinking and assuming every citizen they encounter is a good guy don't survive very long

Completely understandable but when the cop realized what was going on he should have deescaleted the situation and moved on.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I cannot agree or disagree. I was not there and do not know what their laws/policies are. I know enough to follow directions. That alone, would have deescalated the whole incident. Daddy would not have been hooked! Plain and simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
its a bad look for the cops , no doubt

I'd hate for them to lose their jobs, but they need something done to where they lose that attitude.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There's virtually no blacks in that part of Colorado. They need to import some so that the police have some *real* work to do instead of just messing around with the residents.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Keyboard commandos sure are brave.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Speaking of dicks...

Not me, but I've got enough social skills , knowledge of human behavior, over the top authority complex and work with LEOs on a daily basis to know DICK (or in this case three) when I see one. I wish there was a way to follow up on the final outcome, but weren't the charges dropped?
When the other semi-dick (the dad) told the LT that was his son, he should have just let him stay. After all, he had him covereed

Last edited by jorgeI; 04/28/23.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Speaking of dicks...

Help me understand what you mean when you use the word dick. At what time tick did each person become a dick, and why do you think that way.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The cops have good reason not to want someone to pull up behind a traffic stop. The second guy might want to assault a cop. When they told him his presence was not welcome, he should have just driven on. He could have stopped a mile down the road, and hooked up with his son via Iphone.

The guy argued for several minutes. Then, with the cops saying "Leave, leave" he left. Then the cops became the a**holes.
Three guys looking for trouble, and they found trouble.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I gonna guess at least 1 or 2 of those cops are done. I’d hope so anyway.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The secret to getting people to follow orders when they may feel like they don’t have to or need to follow your orders is to make them seem like kind requests. A simple explanation of why he was concerned in a kind manner and a little casual conversation all in a conversational and non confrontational tone would have gone a long way there. And especially since the guy wasn’t doing anything illegal or inherently dangerous.

Amazing that they are hiring people as dumb as that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"sir, I'm sorry, but you being there behind a police officer when he is conducting a traffic stop and especially in today's environment, could place an officer in a tactically dangerous situation. I can appreciate he's your son, so would you please at least move away from behind the officer, maybe down the road a bit and we'll let you know if there are any issues." Not to mention the fact the original stop was obviously a bullshit stop, probably under pressure to write a citation to increase revenue. And yes, I have several, local, county officers that work for me on base that have told me they are always under pressure to write citations for revenue purposes. GMAFB, the negro cop was upset because the meskin kid was following too closely?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A few years ago I was following my brother and his girlfriend back to Corpus from our lease on Lake Falcon over by Zapata. Laura got stopped by a DPS for going 85 in a 75, I pulled in about 10 yards behind them. The trooper got out and walked back to me, I kept my hands on the wheel and told him I had a pistol sitting on the console, he said thanks for letting him know and asked why I stopped, I told him that it was my brother he pulled over and I was just waiting for them to get done. He was cool with that and went and talked to my brother and Laura, and ended up giving them a warning. Everyone had a good attitude and things went smoothly, what surprised me was he was a young guy, usually the ones with attitude.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by jorgeI
"sir, I'm sorry, but you being there behind a police officer when he is conducting a traffic stop and especially in today's environment, could place an officer in a tactically dangerous situation. I can appreciate he's your son, so would you please at least move away from behind the officer, maybe down the road a bit and we'll let you know if there are any issues." Not to mention the fact the original stop was obviously a bullshit stop, probably under pressure to write a citation to increase revenue. And yes, I have several, local, county officers that work for me on base that have told me they are always under pressure to write citations for revenue purposes. GMAFB, the negro cop was upset because the meskin kid was following too closely?

I agree, the initial stop looked like a BS stop.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
No wonder the TBL is out in support of Lt. Henry Trujillo since he has been giving them the behavior they desire for years.

https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-...h-criminal-history-tased-man-in-the-face

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

338 members (29aholic, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 348srfun, 44 invisible), 2,021 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,973
Posts18,519,820
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.