Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Speaking of dicks...

How many of you have stopped a "dick" on the highway and had another "dick" pull up behind you?

What is your assessment of the officers actions?
Seemed like a full video. No missing "before".

I think he shows good personal survival skills.

"Professional" survival skills...maybe not so much.

Fair enough, what action, if any, would you recommend if they were in your department? You're the Lt. in charge.
And it's on the news .

I will reiterate my question. What would you do if you stopped a potential bad guy over on the interstate and his backup pulled up behind you?

I would have called for back up if I felt threatened. This wasn't an interstate, extra officers were already there. What law did the father break by pulling over and waiting for his son?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Sako76
Speaking of dicks...

How many of you have stopped a "dick" on the highway and had another "dick" pull up behind you?

What is your assessment of the officers actions?
Seemed like a full video. No missing "before".

I think he shows good personal survival skills.

"Professional" survival skills...maybe not so much.

Fair enough, what action, if any, would you recommend if they were in your department? You're the Lt. in charge.
And it's on the news .

I will reiterate my question. What would you do if you stopped a potential bad guy over on the interstate and his backup pulled up behind you?

I would have called for back up if I felt threatened. This wasn't an interstate, extra officers were already there. What law did the father break by pulling over and waiting for his son?
He was potentially the back up for a potential bad guy.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
One of the big problems in our country today is so many people have both a lack of self-control and a lack of common sense. I won't get into all of the other issues discussed herein. However, why in the hell would you pull your vehicle in behind a police officer engaged in a traffic stop? Does nobody else here have a problem with this. Irrespective of all else going on, why would someone ever do that? That's just irresponsible, rude and, yes, aggressive, whether he intends it to be or not. Could all other things have been handled better? Absolutely, and by everybody involved. I'm not addressing all of those as they have been beat to death already. However, this behavior, in my opinion, is inexcusable. Pull over a 1/4 mile or so in front of your family member and just sit there and wait. Good frickin grief! I reiterate, I don't say that was an excuse for all that happened; but, it was certainly, in my mind, the catalyst for everything that happened subsequently.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Mad_Max
One of the big problems in our country today is so many people have both a lack of self-control and a lack of common sense. I won't get into all of the other issues discussed herein. However, why in the hell would you pull your vehicle in behind a police officer engaged in a traffic stop? Does nobody else here have a problem with this. Irrespective of all else going on, why would someone ever do that? That's just irresponsible, rude and, yes, aggressive, whether he intends it to be or not. Could all other things have been handled better? Absolutely, and by everybody involved. I'm not addressing all of those as they have been beat to death already. However, this behavior, in my opinion, is inexcusable. Pull over a 1/4 mile or so in front of your family member and just sit there and wait. Good frickin grief! I reiterate, I don't say that was an excuse for all that happened; but, it was certainly, in my mind, the catalyst for everything that happened subsequently.

Lots of feelings over facts in this thread.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It wasn't unlawful to do. Nothing more needs added to that fact alone. I worked as a mechanic for years, if I had a massive fear of being crushed to death by a car falling off a lift I wouldn't have gotten a job as a mechanic.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Just watched the video. WOW. I hope those cops are out of work.

Militarization of police and authoritarian attitudes among them are going to make cops lose any support thy had left from folks.

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Dude270
Just watched the video. WOW. I hope those cops are out of work.

Militarization of police and authoritarian attitudes among them are going to make cops lose any support thy had left from folks.

Apparently not though based on the number of boot lickers around here.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Speaking of dicks...

Help me understand what you mean when you use the word dick. At what time tick did each person become a dick, and why do you think that way.

He's a cop, so by his definition everyone without a badge is a dick.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Was that alleged cop bullied by everyone from preschool on up? I wonder if he takes Midol for his puzzy cramps?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Maybe Espinoza was familiar with Lt. Trujillo's unchecked and violent criminal behavior along with Las Animas SO/other parts of the system supporting that lawless behavior which caused him to fear for his son's life.

https://www.kktv.com/2023/04/28/colorado-lawyers-reveal-criminal-background-las-animas-sheriff/

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The cop doing the initial stop didn't seem to worried when jr. reach over into the glovebox for his "papers"....

He sure wanted to preach to him about how to drive though.

I'm not anti-cop but I am anti-asshwhole. Officer tazer definately qualified for that role. Along with the liar talking to the Lt.

County is getting ready to get out the checkbook.

ETA, just read the above link. Reads like two fine upstanding law officers, protecting and servin' and all.

Last edited by Featherweight6555; 04/28/23.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555

As well they should. Insane reaction to a BS stop to begin with.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
One fact remains, there are no do overs in police work. Is what it is. If the dad would have done what he was told, when he was told, this incident would have been just a traffic violation. With a citation issued. The end. But no.... dad did not leave and wanted to argue. His son was an adult, and no parental presence was required or needed. So, again he did not follow directions and failed the roadside functional hearing comprehension test. Therefore, his immediate future was predetermined. If only he would have followed directions. No is not a dirty word, it is just a word people do not want to hear. No do overs in police work. The result is the result.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Featherweight6555
The cop doing the initial stop didn't seem to worried when jr. reach over into the glovebox for his "papers"....

He sure wanted to preach to him about how to drive though.

I'm not anti-cop but I am anti-asshwhole. Officer tazer definately qualified for that role. Along with the liar talking to the Lt.

ETA, just read the above link. Reads like two fine upstanding law officers, protecting and servin' and all.

More than 2 in the department, they undoubtedly behave in a similar manner in front of personnel from other departments, prosecutors/judges are aware of their behavior, etc....

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by cs2blue
One fact remains, there are no do overs in police work. Is what it is. If the dad would have done what he was told, when he was told, this incident would have been just a traffic violation. With a citation issued. The end. But no.... dad did not leave and wanted to argue. His son was an adult, and no parental presence was required or needed. So, again he did not follow directions and failed the roadside functional hearing comprehension test. Therefore, his immediate future was predetermined. If only he would have followed directions. No is not a dirty word, it is just a word people do not want to hear. No do overs in police work. The result is the result.

Did the dad break any laws before they pointed guns at him and tried to detain him?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Or the cops could have left alone the person who was not breaking any law, and the cops wouldn't be suspended as part of an internal investigation, Sheriff wouldn't have called in an external agency to aid in the investigation, and the county wouldn't be getting sued.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Or the cops could have left alone the person who was not breaking any law, and the cops wouldn't be suspended as part of an internal investigation, Sheriff wouldn't have called in an external agency to aid in the investigation, and the county wouldn't be getting sued.

That's how I see it

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Daniel Holtzclaw might be a free man if you had reached him early on with your "No is not a dirty word, it is just a word people do not want to hear."

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Not trying to be offensive, but this is why police are losing respect and support in the country. Judging by the way they reacted to the dad, and the impression that this type of policing is becoming more common, there is no way I would knowingly leave my son alone with a cop, regardless of my son's age.

I don't think every cop is bad, or even a significant number are bad. But unfortunately the bad cops wear the same uniform as the good cops. So it would be irresponsible you let your guard down around any of them. And driving up the road and waiting isn't a good idea. As quickly as things can go bad, whatever happened to your son would be over before you knew it.

It sucks that things are going this way, but police are gonna have to learn to work with citizens on a more level playing field as far as respect goes. The idea that you can order me to stop doing something legal isn't gonna fly much longer.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by dassa
Not trying to be offensive, but this is why police are losing respect and support in the country. Judging by the way they reacted to the dad, and the impression that this type of policing is becoming more common, there is no way I would knowingly leave my son alone with a cop, regardless of my son's age.

I don't think every cop is bad, or even a significant number are bad. But unfortunately the bad cops wear the same uniform as the good cops. So it would be irresponsible you let your guard down around any of them. And driving up the road and waiting isn't a good idea. As quickly as things can go bad, whatever happened to your son would be over before you knew it.

It sucks that things are going this way, but police are gonna have to learn to work with citizens on a more level playing field as far as respect goes. The idea that you can order me to stop doing something legal isn't gonna fly much longer.

The only thing that is really new is video of this stuff happening.

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/197820371/darrell-lee-cain

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (338reddog, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 34 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,366
Posts18,488,245
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.