Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Regarding the country of Israel that exists today, opinions and scriptural interpretations pertaining as to whether or not it remains God’s chosen nation are varied, as evidenced by the responses so far on this thread.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tarbe
I have distant family who died in the Nazi camps.
Same here. Fell out of a guard tower.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I have distant family who died in the Nazi camps.
Same here. Fell out of a guard tower.

LOL

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I was taught Dispensationalism and pre-trib rapture theory after I was born from above.

Took about a year of study to see that this was error.

Spent the next 25 years studying and seeking the truth.

Still studying....but convinced as ever that the Israel of God (re: Letter to the Galatians) consists of all who are in Christ, by grace, through faith.

God does not have some separate method or plan of Salvation for people who claim a certain genealogy. God is not a respecter of persons.

I have distant family who died in the Nazi camps. That connection means NOTHING in regard to my salvation.

The idea of the blessing being given to the one or ones of promise rather than the one with the birthright is carried throughout the whole of scripture. It’s sad to see people through ignorance or much worse, stubbornness, refuse a very clear teaching that enriches the truth of our faith.

Dispensational theology has done its work. It is unbiblical and has nothing to do with Christian teaching other than to be false teaching. This theology has spurred a tremendous number of false teachings and doctrines which have further confused the Christian landscape in America. Were it not for Dispensational theology there would be no charismatic denominations and most holiness denominations would have folded like the Shakers.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
No one comes up with Scripture. Exactly like antlers and his defense.
Have you also written an essay on talkin’ out of your ass…? Because that’s clearly exactly what you’re doing here. The words of Jesus taken straight from the New Testament were posted by me on the other thread. That you choose to ignore them, or reject them, or interpret them to suit you, is your prerogative.

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by stevelyn
The modern day secular nation-state of Israel is not the Israel of the Bible. Their role in God's 'economy' as you put it, is the same as everyone else's role.

The Church is Israel.
Bingo! Amazing that a Christian would even for a moment take a different view. In fact those who do, are not Christians. They are heretics of the dispensationalist variety.

In fairness we have all believed things in error and are likely to do so again before death. We may even now be in error not yet realizing the offense. I was baptized into the Faith at a young age and understood a dispensational view. However, I did not continue in that error. I believe that the word had to be considered carefully in a situation like this. To remain in denial of the clear intent and teaching of the word would make one in danger of being a heretic.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Church has no prophecy except for the Rapture. Both Israel and the Church have their own destiny, purpose, and program. Scripture says so.
The Bible has no prophesy about a rapture. That was invented in the 1800’s.

Exactly! I have asked many time for the Scriptures indicating a rapture prior to the Great Tribulation. No one comes up with Scripture. Exactly like antlers and his defense.

There are none so blind that cannot see or don’t want to see. Scripture was given to us for a reason.

Scripture does tell us about the Rapture, which is prophetically related to the Church the Body of Christ. Everything else pertains to Israel and the Gentile nations after the Rapture.

The Rapture, the Day of Christ, is the Church’s resurrection, the blessed hope, Titus 2:13. It is a separate event from the Day of the Lord, the Tribulation. The Rapture is part of the doctrine of the resurrection and occurs in a sequence. 1 Corinthians 15:20, 22-23, 51-52, and 1 Thess 4:13-18

“Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 4:17

“Caught up” or snatched away is translated to God’s presence, 2 Corinthians 12:2, 4, and 1 Corinthians 15:51-54. When Jesus returns at the Rapture, the Church will be resurrected.

“Caught up” is the Greek word, harpazo, which to snatch away. Our English word rapture comes from the Latin word for “caught up”, rapiemur.

The Rapture removes the Church so that God can reinstate His prophetic Kingdom program with Israel. The dead in Christ will rise first, then the living believers. Both groups will be snatched away or caught up to be forever with the Lord.

Christ will give all members of the Church resurrected bodies and will remove those who are alive from the earth. Those alive will not experience death. Their mortal bodies will be transformed into resurrected bodies.

The Rapture is a separate event from the 2nd coming. 2 Thessalonians 2:2, 10-12, 1 Thessalonians 4:17, Acts 1:11-12, Zechariah 14:1-4

We are told in the Word of God to proclaim the Rapture and to comfort one another until Jesus comes, 1 Thessalonians 4:18

I tend to believe the Word of God over what man seems to think, reject, or deny. Some men believe the Holocaust never occurred…

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by antlers
No one comes up with Scripture. Exactly like antlers and his defense.
Have you also written an essay on talkin’ out of your ass…? Because that’s clearly exactly what you’re doing here. The words of Jesus taken straight from the New Testament were posted by me on the other thread. That you choose to ignore themh, or reject them, or interpret them to suit you, is your prerogative.

Why do you accuse him of ignoring the clear words of Jesus when you do the same? Remember the “Jesus and the disciples leveraged the Jews” with OT text and the “OT scriptures were for the Jewish people”. Christ wasn’t preached to the Gentiles from the OT text yet you have been supplied examples that clearly document the OT text being preached to Gentiles who were brought into the faith?

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
After the ascension the apostles taught that we, as believers, awaited the return of Christ. That was the accepted view from which to consider eschatology. All of the “left behind” doctrine is directly related to dispensational theology. The post Apostolic fathers preached the same message as the apostles. The awaited return of Christ.

Based on your theology wouldn’t be more accurate to ask him why he isn’t allowing the Holy Spirit to leave him into truth?

Last edited by IZH27; 05/03/23.
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IZH27
Why do you accuse him of ignoring the clear words of Jesus when you do the same? Remember the “Jesus and the disciples leveraged the Jews” with OT text and the “OT scriptures were for the Jewish people”. Christ wasn’t preached to the Gentiles from the OT text yet you have been supplied examples that clearly document the OT text being preached to Gentiles who were brought into the faith?
Go ahead and post up where I said exactly what you’ve attributed to me with your quotation marks above.

IC B3

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Mark ..

My Word ..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got to cut firewood today before summer heat sets in. So I'll be out a few hours.

Y'all try to get all this settled so we can get back on the subject of Paul.

When y'all are fighting it's hard to have a good discussion on the real issue.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Y'all try to get all this settled so we can get back on the subject of Paul. When y'all are fighting it's hard to have a good discussion on the real issue.
Well you’ve completely ignored what so many have said here pertaining to Paul and the “real issue” in the absence of any “fighting” so I doubt that your inability to have a “good discussion” is even remotely related to any perceived “fighting” on your end.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by IZH27
The idea of the blessing being given to the one or ones of promise rather than the one with the birthright is carried throughout the whole of scripture. It’s sad to see people through ignorance or much worse, stubbornness, refuse a very clear teaching that enriches the truth of our faith.
"And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham."

- Matthew 3:9

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
persiandog 5:3:2023

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
The Ancient Israelites were God’s chosen people. Are they still God’s chosen people nowadays ~ Is the current nation of Israel still God’s ‘chosen’ nation…?

I think this is a simple question. The Bible states that they "were" God's chosen people. Where, chapter and verse, does the Bible state with equal clarity that they no longer are? If it is not there, no matter how much you want it to be, you're putting words in God's mouth / trying to change Scripture. That's man trying to rewrite God in our own image .. doing Satan's work in other words.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by T_O_M
The Ancient Israelites were God’s chosen people. Are they still God’s chosen people nowadays ~ Is the current nation of Israel still God’s ‘chosen’ nation…?

I think this is a simple question. The Bible states that they "were" God's chosen people. Where, chapter and verse, does the Bible state with equal clarity that they no longer are? If it is not there, no matter how much you want it to be, you're putting words in God's mouth / trying to change Scripture. That's man trying to rewrite God in our own image .. doing Satan's work in other words.
You cannot honestly read the Gospels and other New Testament Scriptures and not realize that the old order expired with Christ's death at the crucifixion, symbolized by the renting of the Temple veil from top to bottom at that moment.

"Behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent."

- Matthew 27:51

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
God tore the veil in half to signify that the barrier of sin was removed by Jesus’ sacrifice and death on the cross.

Also Hebrews 10:19-20, which says, “Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which He has consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, His flesh.”

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Wow!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally the veil hid the ark of the covenant. However, it's location hasn't been authenticated anywhere since it was put in the temple during Soloman's lifetime. In Rev, John said he saw it in heaven but we don't know if that was a vision or if God took it to heaven to protect it.
When the veil tore, it didn't reveal the ark at any rate.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 12 of 26 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 21, 160user, 59 invisible), 1,981 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,273
Posts18,525,498
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.