Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Background: I frequent two LGS. I feel like 'Norm' from cheers when I walk in. They are friendly and already know what to show me based upon past purchases. I guess I am a loyal customer, but I feel that they deserve it. If they have what I want, I buy it or put it on layaway. I rarely handle anything that i don't seriously consider purchasing. I don't haggle, they present fair prices. My online purchases are rare, only because of items they usually don't carry...mainly gun leather, and stuff like that...

A few months ago, I was in LGS #1 and bought a couple of revolvers. I wrote a check to pay...while writing the check, a bizarre fellow came in to the shop so I kept an eye on him and positioned myself in a more tactical advantage. Well the guy left, and I completed my transaction. A few days later, I called the store and asked them about an item I wanted to order...they were like, I'm glad that you called, you wrote your check wrong...so they never even tried to deposit it. I asked them why didn't they call me or something and they said oh we knew that you would be back soon and could just make it right then...I thought that was very cool of them. I returned to the store that day and filled out a correct check, they said I could've waited until the weekend.

Recently, I was in LGS #1, and I just stopped in quickly to see if they had something to shoot out of my 44 magnum, because I have quite a few boxes of factory and reloads but planned on preplacing these before the weekend. They were out. So I was getting ready to leave and the owner told her son to show me the newest single owner gun they just got in...a model 27-2 with a little holster wear and some speed loaders. I instantly bought it...she knows that I'm addicted to N frames and have been looking for a non hillaried model 27 for a while.

LGS #2 admitted to the staff having a conversation about me...in a good way...as to who is going to buy these 44 mag revolvers, they keep getting...that led to my BFR 44 mag thread on the handgun forums. They are genuinely nice and are fun to talk to as well.

Anyways, if you have read through my Deflavian wall of text...thanks, I was just wondering how much the LGS know you? Ours are a friendly bunch around here, very honest and likable.

-John

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They hide the nice silverware when I come in.

Last edited by Fireball2; 05/03/23.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very well but they always ask me where my son is. They call him their best customer

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I visit quite a few in travels but the local favorite has my cell # and calls me where else could a man buy a featherweight xtr for $400šŸ¤£šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The guy I deal with in town and I are pretty tight, he let's me know when things come in that are up my alley, cuts me a discount on transfers when I purchase used stuff off the net, etc.

We have been to WY antelope hunting together and hunt locally together from time to time. We have a pretty friendly relationship I guess

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Long ago, when I barely legal to purchase a handgun, I regularly visited a shop that took care of their regulars. I'm talking about things like,..place a pound of Blue Dot, a zip lock bag of 44 hollow points and some primers on the counter, and they'd knock a few percent off the sticker price of each item. Made a guy feel like a king and kept him coming back.

Even better was when the owner would bring out his latest prized possessions, like a sweet K or L frame with a glass-rod trigger, and ask you to handle it and try the trigger.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thereā€™s a few shops that know me well but two that I go to the most. I buy a lot online but make it a point to usually pick up some powder, mags; whatever at the local store when I do the transfer. I buy a few locally through them when something grabs my eye. I donā€™t typically haggle over price unless Iā€™m rarely buying multiple bigger dollar items at the same time two guns, or a gun and an optic type thing.

I usually make it a point to tell them that Iā€™ll run up to the credit union and pay cash to save them the CC fees.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL, me and my gun shop share the same building, it sucks.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
about 5 years ago my local shop had a Marlin bolt action 22 magnum that i was considering buying and the owner took it off the shelf and put it in the back for me. He said come back tomorrow and do the transaction. I thought it over and the next day i called him and told i was going to pass on it. About a week later I called him and asked if he still had it for sale. He told me it was still in the back, because he knew i was going to change my mind and buy it. I was in the shop an hour later doing the paperwork

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I typically call to have them place an order.
Last week I was identified by my voice

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
My FFL guy is a on duty Sergeant with the county patrol

I mind my P's & Q's

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I canā€™t remember the last time I was in a LGS that was worth a damn.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Holy fugg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We don't really have an LGS in my area.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
When I had my shop we had almost as much stuff in back for our good customers as we did out front. I knew the guys and I knew what they were interested in. There were a lot of times that I might not have been interested in buying but I knew that a customer or 2 would be interested so Iā€™d buy it with them in mind. Same goes for ammo. Weā€™d get oddball stuff and set it aside for our oddball customers. The regulars that we had were great guys that we took good care of and in turn they took care of us too. They are what I miss from that time, good guys, good conversations and a lot of laughs.

ļæ½Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.ļæ½ ļæ½General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
yep... a friend owns an outdoor consignment store and gets most of my "fun fund".

They treat me very well so when in the neighborhood i drop off lunch or some french pastries.

Same friend helped me wire a couple stores that were night work and was great working together.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Several years ago I stopped by one of the local gun shops. There was a shady looking character in there and he was trying to get the owner to let him make payments on a gun. I was behind the counter b.s'ing with the owner and noticed several guns standing in the corner, he said he had just bought the lot from someone less than an hour before and didn't even have them on the books yet. I found a Ruger model 96 in 22 mag that I liked in the collection of guns. Perfect little gun for the Jeep. I didn't have the extra money, he told me to take it and pay him when I had it. The other character started throwing a fit because he wouldn't let him make payments but let me take a gun w/o paying for it. The shop owner assisted him to the door explaining to him that we had known each other since junior high and he knew I was good for it.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ours is new. Been in there quite a bit and like what I see but trying to figure him out. Seems like a straight shooter but he just moved here from MA. We will see

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I havenā€™t bought a brand new firearm in almost 10 years. I am very acquainted with my local FFL though, they know me well.

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~

3-7-77
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
LeakyWaders: I have been friends with my local gunshop owner for more than 24 years now.
He often holds guns and sometimes scopes for my first refusal.
I have bought way over 100 (one hundred!) pistols and Rifles from him and sold him just a couple.
In fact I have sold 25 or so of his firearms to fellow CampFirers including a Remington 700 Classic in 257 Weatherby Magnum just last week (I maybe should have bought that one myself?).
I try to always pass along "good deals" I see in his shop to friends and to fellow CampFirers.
My local gunshop owner is a PRINCE of a human being - he is very traditional valued (conservative), he is very devout, he is a family man with four young daughters, he is as honest as the day is long and bends over backwards to satisfy his customers and people that pawn guns with him.
Long live local gun shops.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

458 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,742 guests, and 1,405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,295
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.