Print Thread
Hop To
Page 103 of 108 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 107 108
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
On the last night before He was killed, Jesus told His followers, “And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener), to be with you forever — the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive (and take to its heart) because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He (the Holy Spirit) remains with you continually and will be in you.”
Later on, Jesus told His followers that, “the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name (in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf), He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I have told you.”
And then Jesus says a most interesting thing to His followers; He says, “Peace I leave with you; My (perfect) peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. (Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge).”
And Jesus told His followers, “But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener) will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him (the Holy Spirit) to you (to be in close fellowship with you).” Jesus seems to be telling His followers that having His Spirit inside of them is even better than having Him physically by their side.
The Holy Spirit relates to Jesus’ followers individually and personally, that’s why Jesus used words like Advocate and Guide and Counselor and Helper, because the Holy Spirit is those things directly to Jesus’ followers individually and personally. There’s something to be said for the peace that transcends all understanding (it was experientially referred to earlier in this thread by another poster); for example, you feel financial peace, relational peace, and spiritual peace. Paul listed the fruit of the Spirit that Jesus’ followers get because the Spirit of God lives in them. Jesus’ followers are literally a walking, breathing temple of the Holy Spirit that dwells in them. The same Spirit that brought Jesus back to life is alive in His followers.
I think the Holy Spirit wants to make things alive in Jesus’ followers too. I think the Holy Spirit wants to bring good things back to life for Jesus’ followers and in Jesus’ followers. I think the Holy Spirit wants to resurrect our healthy relationships, and our healthy spirit, and our healthy faith, and our healthy inner child, and our healthy life. I think the Holy Spirit wants to help change everything bad about us and make it better. And I think the Holy Spirit is willing to do this and can do this if we’re willing to open ourselves to it and allow it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Considering this is a thread about Christianity, this is a question about the time when Jesus was still alive and beginning his preaching. I know there are several people here who study the N.T.

I. Given that at that time, young Jewish men upon reaching maturity (18 years) were expected to get married and start producing children. Were Jesus' twelve disciples married when Jesus selected them?

2. If so, did any of their wives have children?

3. If married, who took care of them when Jesus and the disciples where "on the road," preaching?

4. After Jesus death, what happened to the families of the disciples and their children?

5. If there were children of the disciples, isn't it possible that today, there are living people who would be blood line descendants of the original disciples?

(Yes, I've read Dan Brown's The DaVinci Code, but that was about Jesus and Mary Magdalene ... and was fiction.)

Just wondering.

Thanks.

L.W.

Last edited by Leanwolf; 05/03/23. Reason: Sp.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Considering this is a thread about Christianity, this is a question about the time when Jesus was still alive and beginning his preaching. I know there are several people here who study the N.T.

I. Given that at that time, young Jewish men upon reaching maturity (18 years) were expected to get married and start producing children. Were Jesus' twelve disciples married when Jesus selected them?

2. If so, did any of their wives have children?

3. If married, who took care of them when Jesus and the disciples where "on the road," preaching?

4. After Jesus death, what happened to the families of the disciples and their children?

5. If there were children of the disciples, isn't it possible that today, there are living people who would be blood line descendants of the original disciples?

(Yes, I've read Dan Brown's The DaVinci Code, but that was about Jesus and Mary Magnalene ... and was fiction.)

Just wondering.

Thanks.

L.W.

Interesting point. They are like Harry Potter's relatives.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Has anyone here ever felt more confident because someone was with you…? Has anyone here ever had a very hard time trying to do something and/or deal with something on your own…? Does anyone here see their perspective changing if you were absolutely certain that the Holy Spirit lived in you…?

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Check out Stewart Hamblen, It Is No Secret What God Can Do.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
On the last night before He was killed, Jesus told His followers, “And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener), to be with you forever — the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive (and take to its heart) because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He (the Holy Spirit) remains with you continually and will be in you.”
Later on, Jesus told His followers that, “the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener), the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name (in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf), He will teach you all things. And He will help you remember everything that I have told you.”
And then Jesus says a most interesting thing to His followers; He says, “Peace I leave with you; My (perfect) peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. (Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge).”
And Jesus told His followers, “But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener) will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him (the Holy Spirit) to you (to be in close fellowship with you).” Jesus seems to be telling His followers that having His Spirit inside of them is even better than having Him physically by their side.
The Holy Spirit relates to Jesus’ followers individually and personally, that’s why Jesus used words like Advocate and Guide and Counselor and Helper, because the Holy Spirit is those things directly to Jesus’ followers individually and personally. There’s something to be said for the peace that transcends all understanding (it was experientially referred to earlier in this thread by another poster); for example, you feel financial peace, relational peace, and spiritual peace. Paul listed the fruit of the Spirit that Jesus’ followers get because the Spirit of God lives in them. Jesus’ followers are literally a walking, breathing temple of the Holy Spirit that dwells in them. The same Spirit that brought Jesus back to life is alive in His followers.
I think the Holy Spirit wants to make things alive in Jesus’ followers too. I think the Holy Spirit wants to bring good things back to life for Jesus’ followers and in Jesus’ followers. I think the Holy Spirit wants to resurrect our healthy relationships, and our healthy spirit, and our healthy faith, and our healthy inner child, and our healthy life. I think the Holy Spirit wants to help change everything bad about us and make it better. And I think the Holy Spirit is willing to do this and can do this if we’re willing to open ourselves to it and allow it.

Have you ever gone through an experience that many call “the dark night of the soul”?

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IZH27
You have stated that the teaching of Christ was directed at the Jewish people. You have said that the OT scripture was only used for that purpose.
Post up where I said that.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Lol

Last edited by IZH27; 05/06/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leanwolf,

According to the Bible, age twenty was when boys became men. I wrote an entire essay on the subject.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ringman
Leanwolf,

According to the Bible, age twenty was when boys became men. I wrote an entire essay on the subject.

My mistake. Off by two years. Nevertheless, I still wonder about those questions I asked above, as to whether or not Jesus' disciples were married and had children? If your essay addresses that, I'd like to read it.

Thanks.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

Page 103 of 108 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 22magnut, 65 invisible), 1,862 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,247
Posts18,525,074
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.