Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
The division we are experiencing on the campfire is not an accident, it's by design. The powers that be want us divided and fighting among ourselves.
It gives them cover for the grifting the current crop of marxist are engaging in.

It sure seems that way. Divide and conquer---down to the man.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by Fireball2
So is it the lack of moderation that allows the infighting or can you name certain members that you think are plants?

By no possible description is there a lack of moderation on this site.
The Webmaster graciously allows everyone the right to be judged by their peers.

There could be no fairer form of moderation, the Fire is self regulated.

Well put, and in what world is it not a fools errand to believe that a "moderator" is always going to be on your side....?

"Their minds are dead" - Carmine Ricca
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's merely the one's that can't weather the storm that 'cry foul'.

Wonder why?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART
He is correct, the place is infested with juvenile fuckwits all intent on outdoing each other.

Truth ! Yet , here we all are !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Nollij
So is it the lack of moderation that allows the infighting or can you name certain members that you think are plants?

By no possible description is there a lack of moderation on this site.
The Webmaster graciously allows everyone the right to be judged by their peers.

There could be no fairer form of moderation, the Fire is self regulated.

Well put, and in what world is it not a fools errand to believe that a "moderator" is always going to be on your side....?

Fair question.

I have been on sites that have given absolute pinheads absolute authority. Not all moderators are like that but once you get one that is, it's like living under a dictator who ruins a country. I'll take free speech over that. You may have to learn to live with it to enjoy it, but that's what free men do.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I am all for free speech but the nasty bitter bickering on here precludes any real enjoyment unless you want to watch fellers rip each other up and down.

So this really is a bitch thread but with nice words.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give it time

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
We need to hold a Campfire Rendezvous. People are much less bold when they're within striking distance. I'd pay money to see CashisQueen and Ballz debate in person.

I'll bring the keg!

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I am all for free speech but the nasty bitter bickering on here precludes any real enjoyment unless you want to watch fellers rip each other up and down.

So this really is a bitch thread but with nice words.......
Sneaky Bastids !

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
He is correct, the place is infested with juvenile fuckwits all intent on outdoing each other.

You have always had a way with words.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's merely the one's that can't weather the storm that 'cry foul'.

Wonder why?

It's like I've explained before, moderation is normal and healthy in everyday life.

Think of it in tribal terms. Elders lead youngsters. Youngsters don't lead elders. Societal order is respected and maintained by this one simple mantra, in it's most simplistic tribal terms, by the simplest form of respect based only on age.

Our society was maintained by the family unit and respect for the rule law, both of which have broken down to the point that a complete lack of respect (due to no consequences, I.E. a lack of an authoritarian figure in the household, or internet forum) and a lack of self-restraint.

It's an all-out, winner-take-all mentality that ignores healthy checks and balances provided by some form of sustainable authority figure.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't be upset to have a moderator maintain civility, while allowing full vent of the exchange of information and ideas. I'm not sure why posters like JeffA are so intent on being able to belittle and cut down someone on the internet. Why is that such a big deal?

Are you afraid your position can't be defended on it's merits, therefore name-calling is required to shut down your opposition? I'm not talking about the censorship of ideas as seen on some "moderated" forums. I'm talking about the full exchange of ideas while maintaining civility, that's it. Seems pretty simple to me.

I would never have expected to sit at the dinner table as a child and bad mouth my mother without my father moderating me into next week. I'd be surprised if someone's household did allow it, and I would call it unhealthy.

Why are you afraid to be required to be civil in your internet exchanges? Can't your ideas stand on their own w/o insults?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Some elders need to be lead.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Some elders need to be lead.

Well, in some locations they would need to an alternative metal.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Among the top 10 posts of all time.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One of the things I like about the 24 Hour Campfire is the lack of moderation. People are allowed to make a$$es of themselves if they so desire and I can choose to read their posts or skip over them. Along with freedom there is responsibility.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 45_100
One of the things I like about the 24 Hour Campfire is the lack of moderation. People are allowed to make a$$es of themselves if they so desire and I can choose to read their posts or skip over them. Along with freedom there is responsibility.

People would still be able to make an azz of themselves with a moderated forum.

You would still be able to skip over anything you don't want to read.

Not sure how any form of moderation would change your examples.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What's happening on the 24 Hour Campfire is the same as what we're seeing where the rule of law is ignored in American cities. A breakdown of an authority that maintains civility leads to chaos and violence, or more accurately, a concentration of nefarious players intent not on the maintenance or betterment of the venue, but the exercise of their own form of totalitarian control, under the guise of "freedom".

I would suggest that freedom for the individual truly exists only in the absence of other people. Even then there are external limitations, for example the environment. One wouldn't run naked through Alaska in winter w/o dying of exposure, so even freedom in it's purest form is moderated.

When other people are included, at the minimum there must be some form of self-control. As humans have shown for millennia, that is never enough. Barring self-restraint, external restraint of some form is required to maintain order.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 45_100

People would still be able to make an azz of themselves with a moderated forum.

You would still be able to skip over anything you don't want to read.

Not sure how any form of moderation would change your examples.
Get on heavily moderated forums.

Little to no BS.

I don't mind it as I know how to move along if I see something I don't like. I only use ignore for a few azzhats in the classifieds.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 05/07/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you want to maintain freedom, exercise self-restraint, or eventually, some form of external restraint will need to be applied to prevent total anarchy and chaos.

If you want total freedom to act out, don't expect stellar results.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Get on heavily moderated forums.

Little to no BS.

I've not tried another forum, but it seems like the guys that have come back here and tell how awful it was.

I'd bet dollars to donuts it wasn't the moderation per se that was oppressive, but the agenda of the moderator. Moderation like that is no more than it's own brand totalitarianism. Maybe it's so prevalent on other forums for the reasons I mentioned, a lack of self-restraint, but on the part of the moderator.

Like Paul Harvey used to say, "Self-governance won't work without self-discipline".

He was right.

LOL
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 219DW, 222Sako, 57 invisible), 2,548 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,637
Posts18,512,140
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.