Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Fireball2
The division we are experiencing on the campfire is not an accident, it's by design. The powers that be want us divided and fighting among ourselves.
It gives them cover for the grifting the current crop of marxist are engaging in.

So is it the lack of moderation that allows the infighting or can you name certain members that you think are plants?

No. It's much bigger than that. It's the 24/7 propaganda news .... most don't have the vision/ critical thinking skills to see through it and end up arguing endlessly about issue they have no clue about. Covid was the perfect example. The truth has surfaced and the idiots that were fooled still won't admit it. It's a huge pshy-op

Fubar,

Take my last quote about how people today consume media, and how the purpose of media in no longer to inform but just confirm your existing beliefs, then ask yourself, how much of what people think they know about a complex subject such as Covid is really true?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
The division we are experiencing on the campfire is not an accident, it's by design. The powers that be want us divided and fighting among ourselves.
It gives them cover for the grifting the current crop of marxist are engaging in.

Is it by design, or is it "journalism" trying to maximize clicks, and therefore profit in the age of "Post Jouranlism"

Post Journalism:

The press lost it's monopoly on news when the internet democratized information. To save it's business model it pivoted from journalism to tribalism. The new roll of The Press is not to inform it's readers but to confirm what they already believe.

The discussion of this begins as 46 minutes:

Remember when you pushed the untested mrna vax that magically appeared 2 weeks after covid started? And discounted very safe, proven viral infection protocols?

2 years believing the fake pandemic spewing government propaganda daily on and immediately transition to daily spewing government pro war propaganda to start nuclear wars with Russia and China

Now that is delusional. Your head is an empty vessel ready to be filled with any sewage

Re: No chloroquine for Nevada
steve4102 #14702861 03/25/20
Online Content
antelope_sniper
Campfire Ranger
A
Colorado
Now we just need a neighboring state to give it to all patients meeting a specific medical standard, and we have a natural experiment.

It would be interesting to see how the outcomes compare.

Last edited by ribka; 05/07/23.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I have been in my own self-appointed hiatus since Spring Break when Pard discovered ChatGpT and Lesbian Preachers. That crazy fantasy crap was better than what has been going on during the last couple of weeks with people bringing hate on eachother. There are all kind of crazy things happening right and and people just want to fight. You could get nearly everybody on this forum with the exception of Paddler and Goosey and we probably would all get along ok. There is a feller in SC who doesn't like Trump but he hates Biden more. So who or what mfer is pizzing in everybody's cornflakes?

You know, now that we're on page 2, maybe that question deserves some attention.

I think the answer may be that we are under a tremendous amount of unrelenting stress due to the ongoing BS happening in our world. I think it may well be by design, too.

Nah....it's that there are two kinds of people.

Those who run to a safe space because they can't handle reality and those that like watching monster trucks from the beer garden after a long day.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Is it by design, or is it "journalism" trying to maximize clicks, and therefore profit in the age of "Post Jouranlism"

Post Journalism:

The press lost it's monopoly on news when the internet democratized information. To save it's business model it pivoted from journalism to tribalism. The new roll of The Press is not to inform it's readers but to confirm what they already believe.

Years ago Rush used to play a montage of press clips... remember when the press claimed GWB had no gravitas? and yes they all used the exact same phrase... they do it over and over... so tell me they aren't controlled and told what to say....
How old are you? you seem incredibly out of touch and incapable of learning... old dog new trick thing going on with you"

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The best, most even-handed moderation can only go so far, Roy. You can still be castigated, shunned and ostracized. Would being shunned, castigated and ostracized nicely suit your sensibilities better?

Moderate yourself and things will go better for you.

Now for the most part, would you agree that this conversation has been civil, with the free flow of back and forth information from varied viewpoints? Nobody called anyone a cu nt, and civility has been maintained, while there may some disagreement.

This is because of a dose of self-control on the part of the participants. In the absence of that self-control, the discussion would quickly devolve into name calling and worse, like it does here all the time.

I prefer the civil discourse, even if we disagree. If we ALL practiced a little more self-control, not just the ones the nasty crowd wants to silence, which as I said is nothing more than their own brand of totalitarianism under the guise of "freedom", things could go much smoother around here.

History has shown though that man lacks self-control ultimately, and no matter what form of governance is instituted, everything goes to schit eventually. So maybe all this talk is a lost cause and we should just spear each other until we're all dead.

LOL

LOL
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Post Journalism:

Years ago Rush used to play a montage of press clips... remember when the press claimed GWB had no gravitas? and yes they all used the exact same phrase... they do it over and over... so tell me they aren't controlled and told what to say....
How old are you? you seem incredibly out of touch and incapable of learning... old dog new trick thing going on with you"

Maybe gaslighting?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Crazy....

Ole Roy is one of the biggest instigators here.

Go moderate yourself.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So is it the lack of moderation that allows the infighting or can you name certain members that you think are plants?

No. It's much bigger than that. It's the 24/7 propaganda news .... most don't have the vision/ critical thinking skills to see through it and end up arguing endlessly about issue they have no clue about. Covid was the perfect example. The truth has surfaced and the idiots that were fooled still won't admit it. It's a huge pshy-op

Fubar,

Take my last quote about how people today consume media, and how the purpose of media in no longer to inform but just confirm your existing beliefs, then ask yourself, how much of what people think they know about a complex subject such as Covid is really true?

Wrong again... people like Rush , Tucker etc... put in words what we are thinking and we are drawn to that.
The MSM tells their viewers what to think... it's propaganda, state controlled propaganda

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whenever you give others the "moderation" power it will be abused every time!!!

Absolutely. I don’t understand the mentality of those who would agree to give other people control of what they say or think. One of the principles on which our nation was founded is the freedom of speech.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That looks like a worthwhile endeavor... years ago I built a custom 338 mag for elk hunting. I acquired a Lee 230gr mold and worked up a load that was point of aim at 25 yds.
10 grains of unique pushing the bullet to 850 fps was the secret combo. The purpose was to bag grouse while elk hunting. It worked really well

It is indeed, a lot of fun making one rifle serve multiple tasks.

We've been forcefed the idea that we are always needing another firearm for so long that most of us have lost the ability to be creative in our shooting.

Last edited by Fireball2; 05/07/23.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Crazy....

Go moderate yourself.

Is that the new GFY?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 45_100

Absolutely. I don’t understand the mentality of those who would agree to give other people control of what they say or think. One of the principles on which our nation was founded is the freedom of speech.

Society is so biased and corrupted now few would possess the purity of intent to be a fair moderator. It's probably a pipe dream to think otherwise.

LOL
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Snarky firehall sumbitch. I am seeing what everybody
is talking about him now.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 45_100

Society is so biased and corrupted now few would possess the purity of intent to be a fair moderator. It's probably a pipe dream to think otherwise.
This is correct.....
I kinda like the wild west nature of things around here... smile

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Moderation is for those that can't handle confrontation. Moderation is also the first step to demise. Moderate this forum, and members will go elsewhere! I've noticed that some high post, count members have removed themselves as of lately. I believe it's because they finally realized, I'm just one of many, and have no actual influence, just input. That doesn't sit well with narcissists! But then I could be out in left field on this subject. Like most my lifetime batting average is well under 500!

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Post Journalism:

I don't think your bold statement is correct. The new roll (actually, it's been their roll for a long time, they're just more brazen now) of the press is to indoctrinate. People just gravitate to the side that reinforces their beliefs.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Post Journalism:

They're not controlled, they're lazy. What's easier, writing an original story, or copying from the AP? As staff for the news rooms get cut but the deadlines stay the same, the incentives are for less original writing and more cut and paste. Today "original reporting" is cutting and pasting from Twitter.

Just as importantly, most "journalist" are cowards. If you write something original at it ruffles some feathers, or flops, that's your fault. Copy from the AP, and you're just part of the crowd.

Same effect but with no grand conspiracy's required.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JeffA

By no possible description is there a lack of moderation on this site.
The Webmaster graciously allows everyone the right to be judged by their peers.

There could be no fairer form of moderation, the Fire is self regulated.

Disorder and a lack of authoritarian presence of any kind attracts and concentrates abusers that pack up with like-minded abusers that induce their brand of authoritarian rule under the guise of "freedom of speech". The more meek are run over roughshod by the bold because there is no barrier in place to stop them.

There must always be some form of restraint, either self-imposed or externally applied, because men by nature are corrupt.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by poboy
Snarky firehall sumbitch. I am seeing what everybody
is talking about him now.

What do you disagree with, or are you here just to call me names?

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Heym06
Moderation is for those that can't handle confrontation. Moderation is also the first step to demise. Moderate this forum, and members will go elsewhere! I've noticed that some high post, count members have removed themselves as of lately. I believe it's because they finally realized, I'm just one of many, and have no actual influence, just input. That doesn't sit well with narcissists! But then I could be out in left field on this subject. Like most my lifetime batting average is well under 500!

When we got the internet it was like a kid getting a board game for Christmas that didn't have the rules included. We're making it up as we go.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

59 members (7mm_Loco, 907brass, 808outdoors, 9 invisible), 14,408 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,992
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.