Hop To
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by Heym06
Moderate this forum, and members will go elsewhere!

You could write your dissertation on why that is, but one type of member would leave FOR CERTAIN, and that is the abusive poster seeking totalitarianism through intimidation and numbers.

Would that necessarily be a bad thing?
Or it could be the guy that rebuts those you listed. The point is if you don't moderate yourself, expect to be called out for your misgivings! In basic terms it goes like this, hit someone and they hit back. Just like the playground. I call it the Internet pecking order, it's all in the mind, because you can't face to face, just give input. Thats why narcissist leave, they eventually find out they can't out shout you on the net, and they can't bully you into thinking their way! My two cents.

Last edited by Heym06; 05/07/23.
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffA
It's merely the one's that can't weather the storm that 'cry foul'.

Wonder why?

It's like I've explained before, moderation is normal and healthy in everyday life.

Think of it in tribal terms. Elders lead youngsters. Youngsters don't lead elders. Societal order is respected and maintained by this one simple mantra, in it's most simplistic tribal terms, by the simplest form of respect based only on age.

Our society was maintained by the family unit and respect for the rule law, both of which have broken down to the point that a complete lack of respect (due to no consequences, I.E. a lack of an authoritarian figure in the household, or internet forum) and a lack of self-restraint.

It's an all-out, winner-take-all mentality that ignores healthy checks and balances provided by some form of sustainable authority figure.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't be upset to have a moderator maintain civility, while allowing full vent of the exchange of information and ideas. I'm not sure why posters like JeffA are so intent on being able to belittle and cut down someone on the internet. Why is that such a big deal?

Are you afraid your position can't be defended on it's merits, therefore name-calling is required to shut down your opposition? I'm not talking about the censorship of ideas as seen on some "moderated" forums. I'm talking about the full exchange of ideas while maintaining civility, that's it. Seems pretty simple to me.

I would never have expected to sit at the dinner table as a child and bad mouth my mother without my father moderating me into next week. I'd be surprised if someone's household did allow it, and I would call it unhealthy.

Why are you afraid to be required to be civil in your internet exchanges? Can't your ideas stand on their own w/o insults?

So if their was moderation it would prevent you from 1. Doxing members and their families 2. talking about member kids in a derogatory manner 3. talking about members kid's that have passed away. Im sure their are more.. But we all know you only do the above things when you are pushed into a corner...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Invariably that's the kind of moderation you're going to get before all's said and done.

Maybe "self discipline" encompasses more than what you expect of others, Roy. You have over 54,000 posts and you should know by now what brings negative responses.

Just tryin to help, man.

I'm human, I get tired of the garbage and lash out. Sometimes I poke the bear myself.

Moderation would only help all of us to be more civil to one another, myself included.

You are part of absolute worse group on here. I remember getting a pm form you asking me if I was being disrespectful towards you. I was thinking at the time wtf is going on here. You are a phu cking weird man. People are wondering what group is that?? That group, are the guys who are in their 50's and up and think they deserve respect. When someone questions them, you are being disrespectful and when they are called a idiot, retard, dip chit, etc they cant believe someone called them that. Because no one has told them that enough in their life. Also fireball will never see this he has me on ignore.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The bomb I'm talking about is making the comment about his son. Not about contacting the sheriff.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Using the death of a man's son against him is far more respectable than your Doxxing antics.

It adds immense credibility to your claims of not dropping a Red Flag on Cash as well.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Moderators are meant to protect the snowflakes and the weak. We don’t need no stinkin’ moderators…

Yes this place goes through periods where it’s dominated by “men” on their periods. It can be a real pain in the ass when nothing can be discussed because there are a few here that are incessant and childish with their constant attacks and name calling. I’m sure that the squeakiest wheels are the ones most desperate for attention and recognition.

With all the enemies we face in the world today I can’t figure out why we “eat our own” but I do know that soon we’ll either stand together or we’ll all hang separately. I would rather try to foster friendships with other like-minded men than to create animosity and division where it otherwise wouldn’t exist.

My opinion about Covid or Ukraine is my opinion only and I accept that other people see things differently. I don’t feel compelled to hate them because they support Ukraine, I don’t feel compelled to rip them apart with words and dox them online. I don’t want to ruin someone’s life because we disagree on the issues nor do I extrapolate from their support of Ukraine that they’re anti-American. Some of the accusations here are so over the top that I understand why someone might think moderators are a good idea but in reality they’d (moderators) stifle the true spirit of this place. Calling someone a pedophile simply because they have a different opinion on the war in Ukraine is not OK but censorship is far worse. In this day and age to have a lightly moderated board where the free exchange of ideas is not interfered with is a rare glimpse into what freedom looks like. Wanting to trade that freedom for the false sense of acceptance by the group is not a good trade.

There’s no doubt that some people are over the top with their constant assaults and name calling over covid or Ukraine but the answer isn’t censorship….the answer is to put your big boy pants on and ignore the bastards that piss you off while focusing on the topics and people who interest you.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The point is if you don't moderate yourself, expect to be called out for your misgivings! In basic terms it goes like this, hit someone and they hit back.

So if people call out poster X for their misgivings, it's automatically valid because, after all, it's a basic law of nature and you know, they said it so it must be right.

But if poster X calls someone else out for their misgivings, it's automatically invalid because why?

Does that happen here? Is it a forum of cliques that support each other at the expense of truth, or is it primarily a forum of truth-seeking individuals that are objective enough to overlook personality clashes and personal differences?

Connect the dots.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The point is if you don't moderate yourself, expect to be called out for your misgivings! In basic terms it goes like this, hit someone and they hit back.

So if people call out poster X for their misgivings, it's automatically valid because, after all, it's a basic law of nature and you know, they said it so it must be right.

But if poster X calls someone else out for their misgivings, it's automatically invalid because why?

Does that happen here? Is it a forum of cliques that support each other at the expense of truth, or is it primarily a forum of truth-seeking individuals that are objective enough to overlook personality clashes and personal differences?

Connect the dots.

Roy , you appear to want it both ways... doesn't work that way.
You want respect... earn it

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Well...either that or you want to control things here and use passive-aggressiveness as a tool to manipulate like AS does.
Probably both.

Jim, if we started with mutual civility, we could go from there.

conrad is being a dickhead and trying to get to you...dont let him....jeffa is a dickhead also and treats people like they are beneath him.

I have noticed this trend with these 2 and others....roy you are not the only one to get sh'it thrown your way....bob

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And earning respect involves not being a hypocrite i.e. doxxing people , schit talking family members etc...

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Oh ya don't forget, friends or alleged friend of people, sometimes feel they should fight others battles for them. The the pile on begins, deserved or not. Example, say something about Flave and his ball suckers will jump to defend him, yet might not even know him from Adam! Or put down Fireballs and get accolades from those who decided they don't like him. It's the net, you can be who ever you want. So can everyone else! It's just life in the modern world. Being glad or mad, at or for people you will never know. Quite amazing when you think about it!!!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by akasparky
The bomb I'm talking about is making the comment about his son. Not about contacting the sheriff.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Using the death of a man's son against him is far more respectable than your Doxxing antics.

It adds immense credibility to your claims of not dropping a Red Flag on Cash as well.

Like I said, after 54000 posts, I think I can tell where someone is coming from and going and whether they're objective.

So to you I say, maybe try seeing outside your small view of things and question what you think you know. Or not.

LOL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oh ya don't forget, friends or alleged friend of people, sometimes feel they should fight others battles for them. The the pile on begins, deserved or not. Example, say something about Flave and his ball suckers will jump to defend him, yet might not even know him from Adam! Or put down Fireballs and get accolades from those who decided they don't like him. It's the net, you can be who ever you want. So can everyone else! It's just life in the modern world. Being glad or mad, at or for people you will never know. Quite amazing when you think about it!!!

Oregon Strong.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah... well GFY smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by irfubar

Connect the dots.

Roy , you appear to want it both ways... doesn't work that way.
You want respect... earn it

Chicken/egg

You and I get along fine even though we disagree often. Why do you suppose we are able to do that while that's not possible with others? Could it be that others are looking for a way to start something and are being less than genuine in their dealings?

LOL
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Civility and unity got us the forced lockdowns and ruined economy that AS's scientific method provided us.

Especially after it was proved to be bullshit.

Careful Jim. That windmills going to get you.

[Linked Image from prattontexas.com]

No it's not.

You are just running from reality.

Or is my online persona just a container that you pour all your fear and insecurities into and attack to make yourself feel better?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
So if their was moderation it would prevent you from 1. Doxing members and their families 2. talking about member kids in a derogatory manner 3. talking about members kid's that have passed away. Im sure their are more.. But we all know you only do the above things when you are pushed into a corner...

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by irfubar
And earning respect involves not being a hypocrite i.e. doxxing people , schit talking family members etc...

chicken/egg

LOL
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Civility and unity got us the forced lockdowns and ruined economy that AS's scientific method provided us.

Especially after it was proved to be bullshit.

Careful Jim. That windmills going to get you.

[Linked Image from prattontexas.com]

No it's not.

You are just running from reality.

Or is my online persona just a container that you pour all your fear and insecurities into and attack to make yourself feel better?

You poor Neocons get so insecure when someone doesn't believe your "freedom and Democracy" line of bullshit.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Looks like the character assassins have arrived. Should go downhill from here.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
lmao

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (7mm_Loco, 907brass, 808outdoors, 11 invisible), 14,459 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,989
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.