Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Heym06
Oh ya don't forget, friends or alleged friend of people, sometimes feel they should fight others battles for them. The the pile on begins, deserved or not. Example, say something about Flave and his ball suckers will jump to defend him, yet might not even know him from Adam! Or put down Fireballs and get accolades from those who decided they don't like him. It's the net, you can be who ever you want. So can everyone else! It's just life in the modern world. Being glad or mad, at or for people you will never know. Quite amazing when you think about it!!!

Yeah... well GFY smile

Yep. Even online we create tribes, in groups and outgroup that we can attack to make ourselves feel better.

If only someone had written a book about this:

[Linked Image from cdn.gobookfair.com]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Looks like the character assassins have arrived. Should go downhill from here.

Originally Posted by 79S
So if their was moderation it would prevent you from 1. Doxing members and their families 2. talking about member kids in a derogatory manner 3. talking about members kid's that have passed away. Im sure their are more.. But we all know you only do the above things when you are pushed into a corner...

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Civility and unity got us the forced lockdowns and ruined economy that AS's scientific method provided us.

Especially after it was proved to be bullshit.

Careful Jim. That windmills going to get you.

[Linked Image from prattontexas.com]

No it's not.

You are just running from reality.

Or is my online persona just a container that you pour all your fear and insecurities into and attack to make yourself feel better?

You poor Neocons get so insecure when someone doesn't believe your "freedom and Democracy" line of bullshit.

Whoosh.

Right over you head.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The point is if you don't moderate yourself, expect to be called out for your misgivings! In basic terms it goes like this, hit someone and they hit back.

So if people call out poster X for their misgivings, it's automatically valid because, after all, it's a basic law of nature and you know, they said it so it must be right.

But if poster X calls someone else out for their misgivings, it's automatically invalid because why?

Does that happen here? Is it a forum of cliques that support each other at the expense of truth, or is it primarily a forum of truth-seeking individuals that are objective enough to overlook personality clashes and personal differences?

Connect the dots.

Roy , you appear to want it both ways... doesn't work that way.
You want respect... earn it

Chicken/egg

You and I get along fine even though we disagree often. Why do you suppose we are able to do that while that's not possible with others? Could it be that others are looking for a way to start something and are being less than genuine in their dealings?

I can't speak for others... I will tell you I am guilty at times of being a toxic poster. The reason I am with some and not others is at times a personal like for that person despite differences, at times respect etc...
When I go toxic it's usually because in my mind they deserve it. Could be because they are liars, gaslighters , or especially arrogance.
And of course if I discover they are leftist, then no hell is inappropriate for them as they are my mortal enemy

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter
lmao
Ballz’ Spring Thread . Never fails

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Never misses an opportunity to needle people about Peaceful Protests........bitches and calls for civility when called out.

It's just crazy.

As others have said repeatedly, you're free to pass over those posts or posters that offend you.

So are you. Then you would have to piss and moan about protecting the little guy.

I expected you to say that. You validate my point. We all need to exercise self-control. Lacking that, we have the 24 Hour Campfire.
There's nothing wrong with the campfire. If it gets a little too hot for you, you can always back away.

But if you think you can cool it off by pissing on it, then you run into problems with the others who enjoy it the way it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Civility and unity got us the forced lockdowns and ruined economy that AS's scientific method provided us.

No it's not.

Or is my online persona just a container that you pour all your fear and insecurities into and attack to make yourself feel better?

You poor Neocons get so insecure when someone doesn't believe your "freedom and Democracy" line of bullshit.

Whoosh.

Right over you head.

Just stop, you sound like an idiot

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

No it's not.

Whoosh.

Right over you head.

Sure thing.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Never misses an opportunity to needle people about Peaceful Protests........bitches and calls for civility when called out.

It's just crazy.

As others have said repeatedly, you're free to pass over those posts or posters that offend you.

So are you. Then you would have to piss and moan about protecting the little guy.

I expected you to say that. You validate my point. We all need to exercise self-control. Lacking that, we have the 24 Hour Campfire.
There's nothing wrong with the campfire. If it gets a little too hot for you, you can always back away.

But if you think you can cool it off by pissing on it, then you run into problems with the others who enjoy it the way it is.
The division we are experiencing on the campfire is not an accident, it's by design. The powers that be want us divided and fighting among ourselves.
It gives them cover for the grifting the current crop of marxist are engaging in.

So is it the lack of moderation that allows the infighting or can you name certain members that you think are plants?

No. It's much bigger than that. It's the 24/7 propaganda news .... most don't have the vision/ critical thinking skills to see through it and end up arguing endlessly about issue they have no clue about. Covid was the perfect example. The truth has surfaced and the idiots that were fooled still won't admit it. It's a huge pshy-op

Fubar,

Take my last quote about how people today consume media, and how the purpose of media in no longer to inform but just confirm your existing beliefs, then ask yourself, how much of what people think they know about a complex subject such as Covid is really true?

Wrong again... people like Rush , Tucker etc... put in words what we are thinking and we are drawn to that.
The MSM tells their viewers what to think... it's propaganda, state controlled propaganda

How's that working out for them. Once upon a time they could do that but now, if people don't like what they hear they can go somewhere else for the self confirming, informational dopamine hit.

How much audience overlap is there between Fox News and CNN? Today, if you want to maintain audience capture you got to feed them the red meat they want or they'll switch you off go get their fix from tictok.

Did you ever wonder why Tictoc's so popular? Since the video's are very short, they get a lot of quick iterations for algo to determine what you like and don't like, so they can very quickly get to a point where they only feed you what you want to see and feed what ever biases you already have. From a profit perspective to them, it doesn't matter what side of the Covid debate you're on, that's the only side of the debate you'll see so yo continue to give them clicks.

Of course this feedback is two ways. Content creators post video's and see what get the most clicks, and begin doing more of that. Often they don't even believe what they post, but since that's what their audience wants, that what they post, until their online persona no longer aligns with their real self. The name of this phenomena is "Audience Capture" and it's turning out to be a real issue in online spaces, and Politics.

The MSM could give a rats azz about audience numbers and profit...
Content creators are the wild west... you better learn critical thinking skills pronto!
The msm exists to allow rich leftists to influence public opinion while skirting campaign finance laws.

Plus, if it loses money, you can write it off.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Moderate this forum, and members will go elsewhere!

You could write your dissertation on why that is, but one type of member would leave FOR CERTAIN, and that is the abusive poster seeking totalitarianism through intimidation and numbers.

Would that necessarily be a bad thing?
No offense, but anyone equating the expression of ideas with totalitarianism is kind of a pussy.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 79S
You are part of absolute worse group on here. I remember getting a pm form you asking me if I was being disrespectful towards you. I was thinking at the time wtf is going on here. You are a phu cking weird man. People are wondering what group is that?? That group, are the guys who are in their 50's and up and think they deserve respect. When someone questions them, you are being disrespectful and when they are called a idiot, retard, dip chit, etc they cant believe someone called them that. Because no one has told them that enough in their life. Also fireball will never see this he has me on ignore.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
With all the enemies we face in the world today I can’t figure out why we “eat our own” but I do know that soon we’ll either stand together or we’ll all hang separately. I would rather try to foster friendships with other like-minded men than to create animosity and division where it otherwise wouldn’t exist.

That's what this place needs more of. Not a moderator, but moderation of our own selves. That would include reacting childishly to criticism and contradiction, which are the very things that spawn disdain, beginning a self perpetuating cycle that we feed our own selves and to our own detriment unless we learn to bust out of that mode.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh ya don't forget, friends or alleged friend of people, sometimes feel they should fight others battles for them. The the pile on begins, deserved or not. Example, say something about Flave and his ball suckers will jump to defend him, yet might not even know him from Adam! Or put down Fireballs and get accolades from those who decided they don't like him. It's the net, you can be who ever you want. So can everyone else! It's just life in the modern world. Being glad or mad, at or for people you will never know. Quite amazing when you think about it!!!

Yeah... well GFY smile

Yep. Even online we create tribes, in groups and outgroup that we can attack to make ourselves feel better.

If only someone had written a book about this:

[Linked Image from cdn.gobookfair.com]

It was a joke .... notice the smiley face.... and quit projecting your nonsense on me....heym06 doesn't even like me , but I bet he got it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yeah... well GFY smile

We didn't change that to GMY??

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Yeah... well GFY smile

We didn't change that to GMY??

Now if you disagree with their forced extraction of wealth....they call you Orwellian.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dassa
The msm exists to allow rich leftists to influence public opinion while skirting campaign finance laws.

Plus, if it loses money, you can write it off.

That's pretty profound...a nice summation.

Don't be the darkness.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

From the genius that equates meth and fentanyl with firearms.

#victimhood is strong in your state.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I am all for free speech but the nasty bitter bickering on here precludes any real enjoyment unless you want to watch fellers rip each other up and down.

Did you know there is an "ignore" button? Anyone who is rude to others here, I put on "ignore" even if they are not rude to me. If anyone seems to be a Democrat they go on "ignore". Those who claim to be Christian but don't believe the Bible to be God's Word go on "ignore". There are others who seem to be nearly stupid so they are on "ignore". Perhaps I'm on other folks "ignore" list, also. I don't hold it against them.

Sometime I click on a thread and all I see is "ignore". I smile. It saves me a lot to time.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I am all for free speech but the nasty bitter bickering on here precludes any real enjoyment unless you want to watch fellers rip each other up and down.

Did you know there is an "ignore" button? Anyone who is rude to others here, I put on "ignore" even if they are not rude to me. If anyone seems to be a Democrat they go on "ignore". Those who claim to be Christian but don't believe the Bible to be God's Word go on "ignore". There are others who seem to be nearly stupid so they are on "ignore". Perhaps I'm on other folks "ignore" list, also. I don't hold it against them.

Sometime I click on a thread and all I see is "ignore". I smile. It saves me a lot to time.

Another stalwart.

I’m on ignore so I guess he’s smiling lol

MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Those graphs showing a flat line for weeks from February to now that suddenly shoot almost straight up are sobering. We have got to stay diligent about our exposures for the next few weeks.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 17 invisible), 14,838 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,983
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.