Hop To
Page 105 of 108 1 2 103 104 105 106 107 108
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
Originally Posted by krp
It's not even a question why christianity is being rejected more and more...social media has allowed the freaks to take their crazy theologies off the street corners and broadcast it everywhere. There are some weird assed and even perverted interpretations expressed here.

Jesus...

Kent

I'll write this in code , if it doesnt get you an express ticket through the pearly gates, it'll at least make your life better and make you smile more:

LTLGWAYH
LYNAYLY
FIYWF
DUOAYWHTDUY

its all Greek to me.
Take Care Guys

Dude just said, and the Holy Spirit told me, Antlers and KRP are supposed to send me 5 K each to spend on a mountain biking trip.

Thanks AKA. Without you I'd have never known!!!!!

I'll send you a couple of C notes when I get my stash.

GB1

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What must one believe to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus…? What is essential, and what’s not…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Matthew 22:36-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
You must believe he is who he said he was, as testified by the witnesses that were there to hear.

Kent

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
The question assumes that there is the potential for such a state that would allow someone to be “fully devoted”

Since a believer or follower of Christ, if truly redeemed, resides in a body of flesh that is still sinful it is an impossibility to be “fully devoted”.

That being the case, any man who claims that he is fully devoted to God is a liar.

The better question to ask is why is God fully devoted to the sinner and then work to understand the beauty of the answers.

Last edited by IZH27; 05/09/23.
IC B2

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
You must believe he is who he said he was, as testified by the witnesses that were there to hear.
When Peter said, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”,…and Jesus confirmed that Peter was exactly right…that certainly seems to be fundamental. That certainly seems to be essential.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Are you a fully devoted follower of Jesus?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Have you wholly committed to Christ in your life through the Holy Spirit, today's Christ in today's life?

Kent

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Have you?

As quoted above from Matthew, you love God with ALL of your heart and your neighbor as yourself?

Is that the reality of your life?

Last edited by IZH27; 05/12/23.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Are you? following Jesus's commands completely?

Kent

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I’m certainly not. I fail every day. It’s called sin.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by IZH27
I’m certainly not. I fail every day. It’s called sin.

The telling factors are the desire not to sin, and the reliance on Jesus's sacrifice to make you worthy anyway.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I didn’t say, or imply anything to the contrary.

However, the desire not to sin is never an excuse for the sin. In Romans chapter 7, the apostle Paul clearly states to the conflict within himself that sin was always present within him, even though he had a desire to do what was right.

So are you guys? Does every waking moment of your conscious finds you totally devoid of self interest and concerned for your well-being do you committing yourself to the well-being of your fellow man and God with no thought for yourself? After all, that would be full commitment. Any of you guys doing that?

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

However, the desire not to sin is never an excuse for the sin. In Romans chapter 7, the apostle Paul clearly states to the conflict within himself that sin was always present within him, even though he had a desire to do what was right.

So are you guys? Does every waking moment of your conscious finds you totally devoid of self interest and concerned for your well-being do you committing yourself to the well-being of your fellow man and God with no thought for yourself? After all, that would be full commitment. Any of you guys doing that?

I wasn't arguing with you just furthering your point. I would say that if a person were looking for an excuse for sin, they wouldn't actually have any desire to stop it. That seems like more of a desire to justify it. I didn't say it was any excuse though. In a way I suppose Jesus is the excuse for sin, not as in being a reason to Justify it, but He is the reason you won't pay for it.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark
The telling factors are the desire not to sin, and the reliance on Jesus's sacrifice to make you worthy anyway.
The identity of Jesus organizes and prioritizes everything else. Acknowledging who Jesus is, and what He did…and what that means for all of us…seems to certainly be fundamental and essential. And foundational. Everything else flows from that. If you’re clear about that, you’re pretty much good to go.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I wasn't arguing with you just furthering your point. I would say that if a person were looking for an excuse for sin, they wouldn't actually have any desire to stop it. That seems like more of a desire to justify it. I didn't say it was any excuse though. In a way I suppose Jesus is the excuse for sin, not as in being a reason to Justify it, but He is the reason you won't pay for it.

1 John 3:8

"the one who practices sin is of the devil..."

John 3:36

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life. But he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abide o him."

The implication by John is if you believe in the Son you will obey His Word. Remember Hebrews 3:18-19?

It reads, "And to whom did He swear they should not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient? And so we see they were not able to enter because of unbelief."

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ringman

1 John 3:8

"the one who practices sin is of the devil..."

John 3:36

"He who believes in the Son has eternal life. But he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abide o him."

The implication by John is if you believe in the Son you will obey His Word. Remember Hebrews 3:18-19?

It reads, "And to whom did He swear they should not enter His rest, but to those who were disobedient? And so we see they were not able to enter because of unbelief."

Yes, but that doesn't mean that everyone will keep themselves sinless after salvation or they are of Satan or not still saved.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

I apologize. I didn't take time to fully consider what you were saying. It may be safest to accept that sin is our default setting and that we are never without that reality. Even in the most sincere act of good that we might do there is always sin because there is always the pride that we take in the good thing done. In that sense, our good works are always tainted with sin because they are done with self interest rather than fully for the sake of the one receiving the benefit of the act.

I've heard Paul's confession from the end of Romans 7 preached in different ways. Many people want to make it a before and after proposition but gramatically (in the Greek) Paul is speaking of his present state. The confession is pretty graphic.

As Ringman has demonstrated, most people want to go back to the law as a means of becoming righteous after they are regenerate. From what I understand in reading Paul there is no righteousness outside of Christ and that righteousness is not our own but what is imputed to us, counted as ours. It is clear in scripture that the purpose of the Law, Ten Commandments, or any other law that men develop, never leads to righteousness because it cannot. It only condemns in relation to righteousness and justification.

There is an interesting comment made by St John in 1 John 3:9. The word for seed in the Greek is Sperma. It's interesting to consider John's statements in this chapter in relation to 1 John 1:8.

Last edited by IZH27; 05/14/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=IZH27
As Ringman has demonstrated, most people want to go back to the law as a means of becoming righteous after they are regenerate. From what I understand in reading Paul there is no righteousness outside of Christ and that righteousness is not our own but what is imputed to us, counted as ours. It is clear in scripture that the purpose of the Law, Ten Commandments, or any other law that men develop, never leads to righteousness because it cannot. It only condemns in relation to righteousness and justification. [/quote]

In front of all our .com friends as witnesses, I will send you $100 if you can show even one post where I suggested we go back to the Law of Moses. Just one.

I constantly use New Testament instructions to show we need to obey Jesus Christ. I am amazed the posters here claim to be lovers of Jesus and yet constantly reject His Word. Consider Jesus statement in Matther 25:31-46 Jesus expects action. Like John says, "Bring forth actions consistent with repentance."

“But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

“Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
[quote=IZH27
As Ringman has demonstrated, most people want to go back to the law as a means of becoming righteous after they are regenerate. From what I understand in reading Paul there is no righteousness outside of Christ and that righteousness is not our own but what is imputed to us, counted as ours. It is clear in scripture that the purpose of the Law, Ten Commandments, or any other law that men develop, never leads to righteousness because it cannot. It only condemns in relation to righteousness and justification.

In front of all our .com friends as witnesses, I will send you $100 if you can show even one post where I suggested we go back to the Law of Moses. Just one.

I constantly use New Testament instructions to show we need to obey Jesus Christ. I am amazed the posters here claim to be lovers of Jesus and yet constantly reject His Word. Consider Jesus statement in Matther 25:31-46 Jesus expects action. Like John says, "Bring forth actions consistent with repentance."

“But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

“Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”[/quote]

What happens if you honestly ask Jesus to save you and help you be a better man, but you keep failing to keep those commandments? I'm asking for an answer from you. Don't post another scripture. Just answer like an honest man.

Last edited by RHClark; 05/14/23.
Page 105 of 108 1 2 103 104 105 106 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 22kHornet, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 46 invisible), 1,891 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,219
Posts18,524,577
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.