Hop To
Page 106 of 108 1 2 104 105 106 107 108
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by Ringman
[quote=IZH27
As Ringman has demonstrated, most people want to go back to the law as a means of becoming righteous after they are regenerate. From what I understand in reading Paul there is no righteousness outside of Christ and that righteousness is not our own but what is imputed to us, counted as ours. It is clear in scripture that the purpose of the Law, Ten Commandments, or any other law that men develop, never leads to righteousness because it cannot. It only condemns in relation to righteousness and justification.

In front of all our .com friends as witnesses, I will send you $100 if you can show even one post where I suggested we go back to the Law of Moses. Just one.

I constantly use New Testament instructions to show we need to obey Jesus Christ. I am amazed the posters here claim to be lovers of Jesus and yet constantly reject His Word. Consider Jesus statement in Matther 25:31-46 Jesus expects action. Like John says, "Bring forth actions consistent with repentance."

“But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

“Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

What happens if you honestly ask Jesus to save you and help you be a better man, but you keep failing to keep those commandments? I'm asking for an answer from you. Don't post another scripture. Just answer like an honest man.[/quote]

Apostle Paul used about 150 Old Testament Scriptures in Roman's. He was so filled with God's Word one could not tell when he was talking or he was quoting Scriptures.

It is impossible for me to answer a Bible question with out Scriptures.

What does Jesus, Who saves, say?

"He who believes AND is baptized will be saved." and "Go into all the world and make disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father and in the name of the Son, and in the name of the Holy Spirit."

What did Alanis tell Saul of Tarsus, who became Apostle Paul?
"Why do you delay? Arise and be baptized and wash away your sins"?

What did Apostle Peter command some new believers?
" Who can refuse water so these new believer can.
be baptized?" And he ordered them to be baptized.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
[quote=IZH27
As Ringman has demonstrated, most people want to go back to the law as a means of becoming righteous after they are regenerate. From what I understand in reading Paul there is no righteousness outside of Christ and that righteousness is not our own but what is imputed to us, counted as ours. It is clear in scripture that the purpose of the Law, Ten Commandments, or any other law that men develop, never leads to righteousness because it cannot. It only condemns in relation to righteousness and justification.

In front of all our .com friends as witnesses, I will send you $100 if you can show even one post where I suggested we go back to the Law of Moses. Just one.

I constantly use New Testament instructions to show we need to obey Jesus Christ. I am amazed the posters here claim to be lovers of Jesus and yet constantly reject His Word. Consider Jesus statement in Matther 25:31-46 Jesus expects action. Like John says, "Bring forth actions consistent with repentance."

“But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

“Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

“Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

What happens if you honestly ask Jesus to save you and help you be a better man, but you keep failing to keep those commandments? I'm asking for an answer from you. Don't post another scripture. Just answer like an honest man.

Apostle Paul used about 150 Old Testament Scriptures in Roman's. He was so filled with God's Word one could not tell when he was talking or he was quoting Scriptures.

"He who believes AND is baptized will be saved." and "Go into all the world and make disciples, baptizing them in the name of the Father and in the name of the Son, and in the name of the Holy Spirit."

be baptized?" And he ordered them to be baptized.[/quote]

What a BS answer. You aren't Paul by a long shot. You won't even say what you believe because you know it will sound work based. You are the worst kind of hypocrite. Just be honest and tell everyone that you have earned your place in Heaven by your great works and obedience.

Personally, I think works and obedience are very important in a saved person's life but even more important is to know those works and obedience have nothing to do with you getting into Heaven.

Last edited by RHClark; 05/14/23.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Are you nuts? I identify as Paul.

I believe What I posted. Apparently you are so used to opinions, you CAN'T recognize a real Bible believer.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

I believe What I posted. Apparently you are so used to opinions, you CAN'T recognize a real Bible believer.

You are just a nut job that thinks he's somebody. Pride is your downfall and the reason you can't simply trust in God for your salvation. You are so prideful that you think you earned your salvation and that it's your job to teach everyone how to be as holy as you.

It's all Jesus all day long every day and not a damn thing you did. You are damned if you can't accept that and rely on Jesus only.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You are just a nut job that thinks he's somebody. Pride is your downfall and the reason you can't simply trust in God for your salvation. You are so prideful that you think you earned your salvation and that it's your job to teach everyone how to be as holy as you.

It's all Jesus all day long every day and not a damn thing you did. You are damned if you can't accept that and rely on Jesus only.

I guess you missed the Jesus quotes I posted.

You are imputting your pride to me. I answer Bible questions from the Bible so no one misunderstands.

You want me to rely on Jesus and then you want my opinion.

You are the one who seems to know more than Jesus and Paul. Both accepted The Old Testament as history. In your posts you have said you don't know if it is correct.

Everyday Hunter
IC B2

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There are no Jesus quotes, everything we have was written decades after the described events.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

I guess you missed the Jesus quotes I posted.

You are imputting your pride to me. I answer Bible questions from the Bible so no one misunderstands.

You want me to rely on Jesus and then you want my opinion.

You are the one who seems to know more than Jesus and Paul. Both accepted The Old Testament as history. In your posts you have said you don't know if it is correct.

Just say one time you trust Jesus and Jesus only for your salvation. I don't think you can do it. If you can't, then you don't.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Say what? Sarcasm?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
"The Scripture, foreseeing God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the Gospel before hand to Abraham."

"For there is One God, and One Mediator also between God and Men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony at the proper time."

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;"

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
"The Scripture, foreseeing God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the Gospel before hand to Abraham."

"For there is One God, and One Mediator also between God and Men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony at the proper time."

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me;"

Can't say it can you? Just try. Very simple. Let me show you how.

"I am saved by Jesus alone and not by anything I did."

Now you try.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
RHClark,

Did you obey Jesus when you believed and get baptized? Do you preach the WHOLE Gospel of Jesus?

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
RHClark,

Did you obey Jesus when you believed and get baptized? Do you preach the WHOLE Gospel of Jesus?

There's something wrong with any supposedly Christian who can't say that he is saved by Jesus and Jesus alone.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
RHClark,

Is belief causative or a byproduct?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Jesus says,
"If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life shall lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the Gospel shall find it. For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? For the son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels and will then be recompense every man according to his deeds."

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Jesus says,
"If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life shall lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the Gospel shall find it. For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? For the son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels and will then be recompense every man according to his deeds."

Even the Devil can quote scripture, but he can't say he is saved by Jesus and Jesus alone.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm pretty sure if you ask him, he would tell you he is saved by Jesus. Jesus says Satan came to deceive. You reject the teaching of God's Word about God's creation so I guess that makes you a shining example of deceived.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I'm pretty sure if you ask him, he would tell you he is saved by Jesus. Jesus says Satan came to deceive. You reject the teaching of God's Word about God's creation so I guess that makes you a shining example of deceived.

Just can't say you are saved by Jesus and Jesus alone can you, devil?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ad hominem attack! Sick 'im, boy. I don't think Jesus would accuse a Holy Spirit filled person of being "devil".

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[/quote]

be baptized?" And he ordered them to be baptized.

“He who believes and is baptized will be saved” is from Mark, not Paul, Mark 16:16. Water baptism was required under the gospel of the kingdom, not the gospel of grace (Paul’s gospel). It’s a continuation of the message that John the Baptist began. Repentance and water baptism were required for salvation under the gospel of the kingdom, Acts 2:38

Water baptism was replaced with baptism of the Holy Spirit in about 60 AD, Ephesians 4:5. Unlike the 12 and John the Baptist, God sent Paul to proclaim the gospel, not to baptize. Paul wrote to the Ephesians that water baptism had stopped, 1 Corinthians 1:17.

The Church has one baptism, that of the Holy Spirit, Romans 6:3-5. This baptism identifies believers with Jesus in His death and resurrection. It is a spiritual, not an aquatic experience.

Water baptism was a hold-over from the kingdom program and ended with Ephesians 4. Its spiritual component was repentance toward God, which salvation required under the kingdom gospel. It was a Jewish rite and now has no place in Christianity. The gospel of grace baptizes one into the Body of Christ, 1 Corinthians 12:13.

antlers Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Grace is the hallmark of the Christian experience. Grace is ‘God knows everything about you and chose to love you anyway.’ Grace is ‘there are no secrets from your Heavenly Father and He refuses not to call you one of His children.’ Grace is ‘you don’t deserve it, you can’t earn it, the words deserve and earn aren’t even considered.’ Grace is grace. It’s getting something good that you don’t deserve. And the moment you start trying to earn it, in any way, you have done away with grace. Grace is a gift from God.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 106 of 108 1 2 104 105 106 107 108

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1Longbow, 257 mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 22magnut, 63 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,247
Posts18,525,074
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.