Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That's Devon's 'Smith (gun smith) read it again⁹

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
GB1

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
That's Devon's 'Smith (gun smith)
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by RAM
No truth. Just name calling. You must be "The Mean Girls" ?

Perhaps Card carrying members of the DNC? ?

You have nothing to refute the truth so you resort to name calling and Cancel culture.

How do you not slice your worthless throats when you shave in the morning?

Oh wait, my bad. The razor is at your bikini line.
What a vile POS

I know, the both of them. Glad you agree.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Marlins, Winchesters, hell Sharpe's, they've all been there, done that. Hawkin's before that. You don't NEED a magical rifle to "river hunt". Its like watching Deadliest Catch or Orange Cnty Choppers around here. Drama drama drama There you go, speaking of manufactured drama, the Alaskan Squaw? From TV what's she use??? And old Smelly in .303 Brit and an SKS .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bugger is a good guy in my book.

I think the marlin can have issues with the two piece firing pin.

Also the hammer spring tension can weaken.

I hope Ruger does well with the Marlin Name. As I own ruger shares and wanna make some money.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Angus1895
Bugger is a good guy in my book.

I think the marlin can have issues with the two piece firing pin.

Also the hammer spring tension can weaken.

I hope Ruger does well with the Marlin Name. As I own ruger shares and wanna make some money.

Could you share with us all what you feel that Issue is? Does this issue exist with the other makers using a 2 piece FP also? If no, why do you suppose that is?

A spring is a wear item. Of course its going to weaken over time. But thats a good thing. Since probably the single most popular first "tweak" is a reduced power hammer spring for many Marlin owners. Would not most agree?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would figure overtime if they wear out similar design firearms would wear out.

The newer ones aren’t wore out yet…….

They B newer…..

Give ‘em time..,

I really find it interesting how butt hurt people get over debating their choice in firearms.

Kinda like apples 🍎 to oranges 🍊

Or chocolate 🍫 versus vanilla?

Kinda silly?

No?

Let’s compare firearms to ponies.,..

U can meow about this breed or that

Mare versus gelding

Meow meow meow

But a real hand tries to get along with all he can

So he don’t have to be a foot.

I think a true rifle man is similar

Tries to understand and get along with most.

Limits the whining

Appreciates what they are

Last edited by Angus1895; 05/13/23.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Angus1895
I would figure overtime if they wear out similar design firearms would wear out.

The newer ones aren’t wore out yet…….

They B newer…..

Give ‘em time..,

I really find it interesting how butt hurt people get over debating their choice in firearms.

Kinda like apples 🍎 to oranges 🍊

Or chocolate 🍫 versus vanilla?

Kinda silly?

No?

Let’s compare firearms to ponies.,..

U can meow about this breed or that

Mare versus gelding

Meow meow meow

But a real hand tries to get along with all he can

So he don’t have to be a foot.

I think a true rifle man is similar

Tries to understand and get along with most.

Limits the whining

Appreciates what they are

???? WTF ? Your "explaination" is opposite your complaint two posts up? Bipolar9?

No one is debating brands of guns. This is a Marlin board.. Do you have a disability?
Perhaps someone can get you some help. At least get your TDD machine fixed so you don 't triple space everything

Push the little button for your nurse. Please.

i

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TR4I

( Thanks Rick 4 Ignore)

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Dude, you came to the Party supporting an idiot. Your offered nothing to support the positions you said you were backing.
When asked to do so, you responded nonsensical for one point, and 180° opposite of your position prior.

Your response to that? Employ Cancel Culture, under the advice from another Mean Girl who PM'd you. No discussion, no education, God forbid you learn anything. No, pick up your marbles and leave. Christ I hope you at least got nice tits.

No wonder this Country is doomed. Its flush with ignorant testosterone lacking nancy boy lemmings.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAM
Dude, you came to the Party supporting an idiot. Your offered nothing to support the positions you said you were backing.
When asked to do so, you responded nonsensical for one point, and 180° opposite of your position prior.

Your response to that? Employ Cancel Culture, under the advice from another Mean Girl who PM'd you. No discussion, no education, God forbid you learn anything. No, pick up your marbles and leave. Christ I hope you at least got nice tits.

No wonder this Country is doomed. Its flush with ignorant testosterone lacking nancy boy lemmings.

No, it's doomed because the people have lost respect, decency, and civility. Your post is exhibit A

IC B3

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM

No, it's doomed because the people have lost respect, decency, and civility. Your post is exhibit A

Respect is earned, not granted. Again, yet another who adds nothing to the conversation, but is more than willing to kick and run.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
RAM, if you haven't seen some of the issues with the various marlin rifles, could only mean you have little to no experience actually hunting with them in a harsh environment.

I'm curious, other than being a fkn city boy mouth piece, what makes you some sort of authority on really any rifle??

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
RAM, if you haven't seen some of the issues with the various marlin rifles, could only mean you have little to no experience actually hunting with them in a harsh environment.

I'm curious, other than being a fkn city boy mouth piece, what makes you some sort of authority on really any rifle??

You know not about what you speak. Your embarrassing your self by documenting your ignorance. READ ALL the posts before you comment. Then come back and apologize if you have any character. You REALLY don't realized how far your foot is down your throat. No doubt your curious. Your [bleep]' clueless

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Don't deflect. Don't make me repeat myself.

What type of experience do you have with ANY hunting rifle? Any vintage of Marlin levergun?

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What? You think the "gotcha" question wins it for you? There's nothing I can say, no resume' I could list that you would honor so why play your silly game. You must be a child. Or a Democrat to converse that way.
Its really amazing how rather than answering a simple direct question of "how" , you jugheads want deflect by questioning my credentials. If you read all the threads you would know this.

An idiiot here made a couple of claims on Marlin's design. In the interest of truth, and him with nothing to back or base his statement on. I asked for him to explain, and here we are.He claimed his "Gun Smith" supported his claims. I asked, hell I begged for the 'Smiths name and phone number .He or those running to hold his hand never presented any evidence. They just started the personal attacks like catty kunz in a beauty parlor.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What type of experience do you have with ANY hunting rifle? Any vintage of Marlin levergun?
No. I'm pretty sure he is just a running mouth who is tethered to his couch

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I bought my first Marlin 336 in 1979 and have owned a half dozen over the years since. None have given me any trouble. The one I have now has been hunted every year since I purchased it used in 1998 and while I haven't beaten any grizzlies to death with it or used it to paddle a conoe or drive tent stakes it has been hunted in rain, sleet, snow and sub zero temps without issue. I have put a lot of rounds through it over the years and it has accounted for a sizeable pile of deer in my hands. I have a safe full of scoped bolt action rifles but the Marlin has been and still is my most used deer rifle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son handled the new 336 this past weekend. He said he would rather have it than a JM anyday. He said the fit and finish was great

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

No. I'm pretty sure he is just a running mouth who is tethered to his couch
12700 posts. That's a running mouth tethered to a chair. I'd say. You both should read before you post. Your embarrassing yourselves

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by fburgtx
At price points over $1000, I just can’t get that enthusiastic about Marlins, anymore. Guess I’m officially becoming an “old fart”. I guess a price point of $600-$800 is expecting too much, these days. Just bought too many 39’s, 336’s, and 1894’s in the $200-$500 price range, even up until 2-3 years ago, to feel the urge...

if any Marlin was priced at its actual value they would all cost about 350 bucks

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (160user, 1minute, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.