Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Don't deflect. Don't make me repeat myself.

What type of experience do you have with ANY hunting rifle? Any vintage of Marlin levergun?
No. I'm pretty sure he is just a running mouth who is tethered to his couch
12700 posts. That's a running mouth tethered to a chair. I'd say. You both should read before you post. Your embarrassing yourselves

It works out to 2.69 posts per day. Not very difficult to maintain

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by RAM
Dude, you came to the Party supporting an idiot. Your offered nothing to support the positions you said you were backing.
When asked to do so, you responded nonsensical for one point, and 180° opposite of your position prior.

Your response to that? Employ Cancel Culture, under the advice from another Mean Girl who PM'd you. No discussion, no education, God forbid you learn anything. No, pick up your marbles and leave. Christ I hope you at least got nice tits.

No wonder this Country is doomed. Its flush with ignorant testosterone lacking nancy boy lemmings.

The only idiot on this thread is you, ram... get over yourself geezus what is wrong with people.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I agree that JM stamped Marlin prices are out of sight. I have a couple Remington Marlins that in every way “look better” than the old Marlins. I don’t know much about them because I’ve not shot one near as much as the old Marlins. But I will. One’s in 44 Mag and the other is in 45-70. It’s the 45-70 I’ve been shooting a lot lately.
I would not have put my 35 Remington JM up for sale, except the prices for them have gone past their value to me. I really like it but for the money they were going for - bye bye.
As far as accuracy my waffle top 30-30 is amazingly accurate. The only issue I had with it was the firing pin assembly getting worn and the part that ensures the lever is up all the way stopped the firing pin to strike the primer some of the time. That’s not good for a hunting rifle or a rifle used in a lever action silhouette match.
A good gun smith is fixing the problem.

As far as someone finding themselves in a deep dark hole, my advice is to stop digging. You’re not doing yourself any favors.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RAM
There seems to be a general consensus amongst the Rag writers that the Ruglin's are the second coming of Christ. Compared to the trash Remlin was shipping out the doors, anything was an improvement. But now that I've had a chance to put my hands on a few different guns, I'm feeling pretty "meh" about them, and certainly not give up any of my JM's for one. They rant about "smoothness" and tighter tolerances. I'm not feeling it. I hate the "chrominess" of the bolt, and the shiny "black plum" laminated stock I think is hideous. And the red Bulleye, while I can appreciate the homage, makes it look like something from Playschool IMO.

I fear they are gonna go the route of the 1911's. First ones out were not bad. Followed by years of so so. But this "not bad" era seems to be lacking already.

Feelings?

'Meh' is pretty much how I feel about Marlin lever guns. The only niche I see for Marlin is as handy bear defense gun in cal like .45-70. I do not live in bear country. Why did these become all the rage? Have you given in to the fact that hi-cap semi-auto rifles will be restricted in the United States? In that role lever gun chambered for handgun cartridge would make a great deal of sense.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think with action work by the likes of Jim Brockman,
( knowledgeable skilled gunsmiths) .

The ease of scoping the weapon.

The simplicity of the action.

It makes for a winner.

My personal favorite model is the 93 SC.

Surprised how the Henry is not held in a higher regard.

Last edited by Angus1895; 05/18/23.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by moosemike
My son handled the new 336 this past weekend. He said he would rather have it than a JM anyday. He said the fit and finish was great
I wouldn't trade my old JM Marlin .30-30 for two Ruglins. Not just because of all the good memories of bucks brought to bag either but because it runs slicker than oil on an ice cube and punches out nice, tidy little 3/4" 100 yard groups over and over, year after year. Always brings a smile to my face when I bench it before the season to affirm zero. Damn thing thinks it's a bolt action. In fact, it's more accurate than a good many bolt action rifles, including my own Ruger 77 .30-06. Screw the finish, lotta mechanical turds out there with a nice finish.. I'm gonna rub that off and pock it with dents and scratches given time anyway.

RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johnn
Originally Posted by RAM
Dude, you came to the Party supporting an idiot. Your offered nothing to support the positions you said you were backing.
When asked to do so, you responded nonsensical for one point, and 180° opposite of your position prior.

Your response to that? Employ Cancel Culture, under the advice from another Mean Girl who PM'd you. No discussion, no education, God forbid you learn anything. No, pick up your marbles and leave. Christ I hope you at least got nice tits.

No wonder this Country is doomed. Its flush with ignorant testosterone lacking nancy boy lemmings.

The only idiot on this thread is you, ram... get over yourself geezus what is wrong with people.

What did I say that was untrue?

Last edited by RAM; 05/18/23.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
RAM, if you haven't seen some of the issues with the various marlin rifles, could only mean you have little to no experience actually hunting with them in a harsh environment.

I'm curious, other than being a fkn city boy mouth piece, what makes you some sort of authority on really any rifle??

Name your issues Piss Flaps and lets discuss them. Don't throw out a meaningless blanket of nothing. You keep trying to push words I never said into my mouth, while denying those out of yours. Grow up, try to be a man, and lets have a discussion. I would LOVE to start with the first two issues from the panty waist poser who left once his ignorance was exposed.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (2500HD, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,272
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.