Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by ironbender
Is speciation different from evolution?

Absolutely! Speciation the animals are still the same Biblical "kind". Evolution claims a frog became a prince.

LOL, no wonder you don't "believe in" evolution. You have no idea how it works, and equate it with fairy tales.

You should change your handle to "Aesop."

You are hoping I don't. The fact is like Dr. Jason Lisle, who made discoveries evolutionists didn't, said in a lecture, "Evolution is a superstition with zero evidence."

When Dr. John Stanford was an evolutionists he asked his evolutionists coliege what evidence did he have for evolution. The answer was, " None. We are just like creationists and use faith."

So yes. I know how it works. It doesn’t. You believe everything came from nothing, contrary to the basic premise of science: A result cannot be equal to or greater than its cause.

Ringman: Anyone who says there's no evidence for evolution is an idiot. Creationists have written books attempting to provide alternate interpretations of the evidence, surely you've read some. And you can cite a PhD here or there that doesn't believe in evolution but I'll say it again: 99+ percent of PhD's do believe in the theory, and the fact that a handful here and there don't is only remarkable because they are the exception to the rule.

Ok, I’ll play….. give me evidence for evolution….. examples, not just what some other source “says.”

1) The fossil record.
2) Ontogeny recapitulate phylogeny. Google it.

Yep, this is exactly the type of response I expected.

Seems you will just go along with the crowd and choose not to do your own investigation.

Are you a Biden voter?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
When one is convinced that all of Earth's history is crammed into less than 7000 years, one can believe anything. Everything is possible in magic.
The literal interpretation of the Genesis creation story, to me, is stupidity beyond belief. We have factual information that proves the earth is much older than 6,000 years or so.

Again, Salvation doesn’t depend on one’s literal interpretation of the Genesis creation story anyway.

Antlers,

You are correct, anyone’s interpretation of Genesis is not a factor in salvation. But, folks will dredge up any old falsehood to justify their non-belief. They can’t see truth and prefer to adhere to self serving falsehood.

idahoshooters reference to the 7000 year number is just an old tired strawman. We’ve all seen it before. The Bible does not say the earth was created in 6000 years or so. What it does say is that God did it. God, the Creator, DID it.

How He did it is another issue.

Earth is just over 6000 years old, not was created in 6000 years... maybe that's what you meant.

And no, the earth is much older than 6000 years.

Kent

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Absolutely! Speciation the animals are still the same Biblical "kind". Evolution claims a frog became a prince.

LOL, no wonder you don't "believe in" evolution. You have no idea how it works, and equate it with fairy tales.

You are hoping I don't. The fact is like Dr. Jason Lisle, who made discoveries evolutionists didn't, said in a lecture, "Evolution is a superstition with zero evidence."

When Dr. John Stanford was an evolutionists he asked his evolutionists coliege what evidence did he have for evolution. The answer was, " None. We are just like creationists and use faith."

So yes. I know how it works. It doesn’t. You believe everything came from nothing, contrary to the basic premise of science: A result cannot be equal to or greater than its cause.

Ringman: Anyone who says there's no evidence for evolution is an idiot. Creationists have written books attempting to provide alternate interpretations of the evidence, surely you've read some. And you can cite a PhD here or there that doesn't believe in evolution but I'll say it again: 99+ percent of PhD's do believe in the theory, and the fact that a handful here and there don't is only remarkable because they are the exception to the rule.

Ok, I’ll play….. give me evidence for evolution….. examples, not just what some other source “says.”

1) The fossil record.
2) Ontogeny recapitulate phylogeny. Google it.

Yep, this is exactly the type of response I expected.

Seems you will just go along with the crowd and choose not to do your own investigation.

Are you a Biden voter?

LOL. I did my own investigation in college including a degree in geology and a few courses in paleontology.

How about you, what have you investigated? Are you a Biden voter? You sure act like one.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by DBT

Except that evolution does work and is proven to work, transitional fossils, genetics, etc.

Your example is crock, something cooked up on a creationist site like AiG.

Nope, pls provide what you think is proof of evolution. Transitional fossils? The claim of transitional fossils is simply biased and self serving error. The geologic column has none…..

Got any ideas about the evolution of the horse? What a joke….

As I have said before, you are choosing to believe error.
With all respect, you are sadly misinformed if you believe this to be true.

Granted, we have not found a fossil for every single step on every branch of the evolutionary chain. Nor would we expect to when speaking of events which occurred many, many millions, and even billions of years ago.

But we have found many samples which fit precisely into the puzzle. "Proof of concept" if you will. Much more data has been gleaned in recent decades through DNA studies which precisely show evolutionary growth and changes as populations have become isolated. The family of Cichlid fishes are a supreme example.

If not for evolution, how do you explain the explosive growth of species upon the planet after each of seven devastating extinction events. Did God come back and reseed the planet with his newly chosen favorite fauna each time?

The KT event eliminated the dinosaurs 66 million years ago, and allowed the growth of mammalian species. There were no deer, or elk, or antelope, or elephants, or horses, or cows, or bipeds at the time of the KT event. Where did they come from? Where did Home erecctus come from? Neanderthals? Denisovans? Homo heidelbergensis? Why does Man share DNA with Denisovan and Neanderthal? Did Cro Magnon man also share DNA with Denisovan and Neanderthal?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
When one is convinced that all of Earth's history is crammed into less than 7000 years, one can believe anything. Everything is possible in magic.
The literal interpretation of the Genesis creation story, to me, is stupidity beyond belief. We have factual information that proves the earth is much older than 6,000 years or so.

Again, Salvation doesn’t depend on one’s literal interpretation of the Genesis creation story anyway.

Antlers,

You are correct, anyone’s interpretation of Genesis is not a factor in salvation. But, folks will dredge up any old falsehood to justify their non-belief. They can’t see truth and prefer to adhere to self serving falsehood.

idahoshooters reference to the 7000 year number is just an old tired strawman. We’ve all seen it before. The Bible does not say the earth was created in 6000 years or so. What it does say is that God did it. God, the Creator, DID it.

Not a strawman at all. But a response to Jag and Rich. We have several here who adamantly push the young Earth narative.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually, Rich is correct on this point.

Atmospheric pressure would be 15 lb/sq in at sea level, what ever that happened to be.

But you must remember his contention that there were no mountains to cover with water. So sea level would have needed to rise only slightly.

I have heard these twistings of facts from my Uncles, Aunts, Grandparents, Dad, and Pastors for sixty years as they attempt to fit observable facts into their Bible narrative. But none could ever explain how the salt water fishes survived the sudden change in salinity from this influx of fresh water. Nor could they explain the survival of the fresh water fishes which suddenly found themselves in an ocean.

Dinosaurs do not fit anywhere. "Their fossils were placed on Earth by the Great Deceiver." Dad claimed there were never any ice ages. Despite that our 20 acre farm is on top of a large glacial gravel deposit.

Your opinion of my "contention that there were no mountains to cover with water” is incorrect. My contention is the Bible is accurate because God is Omniscient and told Moses what to write. God’s Word tells us “The water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the HIGH mountains were covered. The water prevailed fifteen cubits (15X20”= 30 feet) higher, and the mountains were covered.”

Explain to me in simple terms how an ice age can happen. I have an easy explanation, but you have a bias against it.

Dinosaurs (dragons) are found in cave paintings, cathedrals, tombs, pottery and other places. When something shows up on at least three different cultures they consider it based on facts. Consider dinosaurs are found in England, Western Europe, China, Japan, Israel, Central and South America.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Heck, lets go on. If not for evolution, why do Africans have black skin while Scandinavians and Irish are the palest of white? Why do Native Americans have cupped teeth while Europeans have flat teeth? Why do Mediterraneans have dark olive skin? Why is it typical for a population near the sea and Vitamin D rich sea food to have darker skin while inland peoples with vitamin D deficient diets have light skin? Why is it the Sherpas can thrive at altitudes which kill all other people? Why do some populations thrive on dairy products and milk while others are sickened by lactose? Why do Asians have slanted eyes while Europeans have round eyes?

All of these environmental adaptations are examples of evolution within our own species.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K

Atmospheric pressure would be 15 lb/sq in at sea level, what ever that happened to be.

But you must remember his contention that there were no mountains to cover with water. So sea level would have needed to rise only slightly.

I have heard these twistings of facts from my Uncles, Aunts, Grandparents, Dad, and Pastors for sixty years as they attempt to fit observable facts into their Bible narrative. But none could ever explain how the salt water fishes survived the sudden change in salinity from this influx of fresh water. Nor could they explain the survival of the fresh water fishes which suddenly found themselves in an ocean.

Dinosaurs do not fit anywhere. "Their fossils were placed on Earth by the Great Deceiver." Dad claimed there were never any ice ages. Despite that our 20 acre farm is on top of a large glacial gravel deposit.

Your opinion of my "contention that there were no mountains to cover with water” is incorrect. My contention is the Bible is accurate because God is Omniscient and told Moses what to write. God’s Word tells us “The water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the HIGH mountains were covered. The water prevailed fifteen cubits (15X20”= 30 feet) higher, and the mountains were covered.”

Explain to me in simple terms how an ice age can happen. I have an easy explanation, but you have a bias against it.

Dinosaurs (dragons) are found in cave paintings, cathedrals, tombs, pottery and other places. When something shows up on at least three different cultures they consider it based on facts. Consider dinosaurs are found in England, Western Europe, China, Japan, Israel, Central and South America.

Spot on!! I offer this picture as proof of dinosaurs existing with people. There are countless "Phd's" that say it happened!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Something I continue to notice in these types of arguments is that when miraculous events happen in the Bible, people try to assert non-miraculous parameters or restrictions on the events or circumstances. If God has the power to make the Earth open up and the waters of the deep to escape to flood the Earth in its entirety, then he also has the power to make it do anything else he wants it to after the fact. If he wanted Noah to build a boat to house certain species in different number, then make them go to Noah by compulsion, he can make them survive on that Ark indefinitely regardless of the food supply. You either believe in the all might power of God or you don't. Trying to people who insist on proof of miracles is exactly the reason that miracles do not occur today. The New Testament teaches that the miraculous powers that Jesus, the apostles and disciples used would fade from the Earth and that they were used to prove God'sp power. The miracles never converted anyone. The Old Testament is full of very large, powerful miracles, but the Hebrews continued to fall way and disobey God even after being eye witnesses to them.

I think there is overwhelming evidence that points to there being a Creator and that it takes far, far more faith to believe in evolutionary theory or a "Big Bang" type of explanation of universal assemblage. Science's own laws prevent something coming from nothing. So, at some point, something had to have been made, or there would have been nothing to make it go Bang. Evolutionary theory falls apart, for me, because the base cause of what began it isn't logical (which it is always presented as being). There are a large number of scientists who are Christian and see no contradiction between science and creation theory. I am one of them.

One of the biggest holes in evolution to me is the insect wing. Insect go from having no wings, to completely formed and usable wings. there are no intermediate steps. The wings are also not formed from appendages. They are a completely new appendage that just appear in the record.

Last edited by Torque; 05/19/23.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Heck, lets go on. If not for evolution, why do Africans have black skin while Scandinavians and Irish are the palest of white? Why do Native Americans have cupped teeth while Europeans have flat teeth? Why do Mediterraneans have dark olive skin? Why is it typical for a population near the sea and Vitamin D rich sea food to have darker skin while inland peoples with vitamin D deficient diets have light skin? Why is it the Sherpas can thrive at altitudes which kill all other people? Why do some populations thrive on dairy products and milk while others are sickened by lactose? Why do Asians have slanted eyes while Europeans have round eyes?

All of these environmental adaptations are examples of evolution within our own species.

Don’t forget about Sickle Cell helping the blacks in Africa with malaria.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by kolofardos

Spot on!! I offer this picture as proof of dinosaurs existing with people. There are countless "Phd's" that say it happened!

Ica pottery/stones shows dinosaurs as they are depicted today (not only correct physiology, but posture. i.e brontosaurus with their tails held up and parallel to the ground, etc. ). Not only dinosaurs, but people riding those dinosaurs with saddles and reins. How did those people know what they looked like, down to the number of toes they had (correctly) if they had not seen them? There are a large number of "Phd's" that have studied these. Evidence from around the world exists of similar situations with cave paintings, etc. People did exist at the same time as dinosaurs. It just doesn't fit with the current evolutionary theory. Radiocarbon dating should never have been used. It is EXTREMELY inaccurate. Modern objects that are tested have come back as being 50-100k years old by that method.

Last edited by Torque; 05/19/23.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Your are smoking dope if you think adaptation is evolution. You argued against the Morgan horse. Yu can’t have it both ways. These people were people when they started and they are people now. When I was a little kid TV was a new thing. There was a special woman on. She was the last living person from an effete ethnic group: Like the last Neanderthal and Cro-Magnon. But, I read somewhere there are Europeans who have Neanderthal DNA. They were totally human in every way. In fact I saw a documentary on Neanderthals saying their hands were larger than modern man’s and yet according to computer analysis they were more dexterous than we are.
There is a very simple answer you will not accept for all the differences. The answer, of course, is in God’s Word. At one time everyone spoke the same language. God changed the languages and those who could communicate gathered into groups and moved away from those whom they could not understand. The major gene pool was limited. Soon traits of individuals started being displayed in their bodies. I read in Australia the Indigenous used to set out any “white” baby because it was a bad omen. Eventually no more “white” babies were born.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Everything you listed is not evolution. Those are adaptations. They have not contributed to speciation, unless you're trying to say that homosapiens have different species.

George Orwell
K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Torque

Ica pottery/stones shows dinosaurs as they are depicted today. Not only dinosaurs, but people riding those dinosaurs with saddles and reins. How did those people know what they looked like, down to the number of toes they had (correctly) if they had not seen them? There are a large number of "Phd's" that have studied these. Evidence from around the world exists of similar situations with cave paintings, etc. People did exist at the same time as dinosaurs. It just doesn't fit with the current evolutionary theory. Radiocarbon dating should never have been used. It is EXTREMELY inaccurate. Modern objects that are tested have come back as being 50-100k years old by that method.
LMFAO! The Ica stones are widely regarded as hoaxes.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

The examples you note are simply genetic variations within a kind. Big dogs, little dogs, long haired dogs, long dogs etc….. all still dogs. This is not evolution…. From one kind to another.

Think about it…. What “scientists” tell us is that “somehow” life happened. They don’t know how and they cannot replicate it in the lab, but it “just happened.” The amino acids became proteins and the proteins became one celled animals…. Which somehow became bottom dwelling primitive life….. which became salamanders….then fish, then crawling things on land…. Then somehow…..small reptiles….and then mammals.. then little monkeys, then big monkeys…..then humans. And they tell us somehow, there was a primitive ancestor that spawned horses, canines, felines, chickens etc. None of this process…..going from one kind to another is found in the fossil record and of course, none of this can be proven in the lab.

There was an experiment done decades ago fruit flies….the bio guys went through 50,000 generations of fruit flies. They got flies that were blue, ones,that were red….some with small wings …..some with no wings….
Many genetic variations, but they were ALL fruit flies.

Proponents of evolution realized…. Maybe 30 or 40 years ago that there was no proof of evolution so they changed the rules….they changed the nomenclature…”genetic variation within a kind” became “micro-evolution.”

This “micro-evolution” terminology is misleading and on purpose. It is a falsehood.

Now….. some can choose to believe the falsehood that slime became crawling things and those crawling things became humans…but I don’t

Some in the scientific community became enamored with the idea that the universe could “come from nothing” and God….a Creator….a Prime Mover was not needed to explain the existence of the universe….Stephen Hawking and Larry Krauss come mind…but they were both discredited and the “universe from nothing” crowd drifted into silence.

Me? I believe in the Creator God. He created the universe and the earth….He created life on earth and didn’t use “evolution” to do it.

The “Creator” God is Jesus.

Last edited by TF49; 05/19/23.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Antlers,

It doesn't explicitly say the earth is 6k years old. What it does is give all the generations of Jesus all the way back to Adam, and some Monk in the Middle ages did the math.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Rich, you earlier stated the mountains did not exist at the time of the flood, but were brought into existence by the flood.

It wasn't. The lake was caused by the Flood. The Rockies were caused when God pushed down the low places and raised up the high places.
God’s Word tells us He raised up the high places and pushed down the low places. If the earth was smoothed like a cue ball, the water would be at least 2,000 feet deep. There was no Himalayans, Andes, Rockies, or Alps prior to the Flood. God, Who was The Eye Witness and knows everything about everything (Omniscient) says the water was at least twenty feet higher than the tallest hills at the time of the Flood.

What do you suppose went through the mind of a primitive cave man 30,000 years ago when he stumbled across the fossils of a T-rex or Brontosaurus or pterodactyl?

And the legends of dragons was born. Remember that England, Western Europe, China, Japan, Israel, Central and South America were at one time all one super continent along with N America ,Africa, and Australia.. Dinosaurs had dominion over the planet for tens of millions of years.

Cave paintings are art. A depiction of the artist's imagination.

You do not really contend that dinosaurs roamed the Earth alongside man, do you?

Ice Age, causes: I am going to do a little C/P here as, while I understand the principles listed, this will be more well written and easier for the reader to understand.
Over thousands of years, the amount of sunshine reaching Earth changes by quite a lot, particularly in the northern latitudes, the area near and around the North Pole. When less sunlight reaches the northern latitudes, temperatures drop and more water freezes into ice, starting an ice age.

In general, it is felt that ice ages are caused by a chain reaction of positive feedbacks triggered by periodic changes in the Earth's orbit around the Sun. These feedbacks, involving the spread of ice and the release of greenhouse gases, work in reverse to warm the Earth up again when the orbital cycle shifts back.

The three orbital variations are: (1) changes in Earth's orbit around the Sun (eccentricity), (2) shifts in the tilt of Earth's axis (obliquity), and (3) the wobbling motion of Earth's axis (precession).

The last glacial period began about 100,000 years ago and lasted until 25,000 years ago. Today we are in a warm interglacial period.

What is an ice age?

An ice age is a long interval of time (millions to tens of millions of years) when global temperatures are relatively cold and large areas of the Earth are covered by continental ice sheets and alpine glaciers. Within an ice age are multiple shorter-term periods of warmer temperatures when glaciers retreat (called interglacials or interglacial cycles) and colder temperatures when glaciers advance (called glacials or glacial cycles).

At least five major ice ages have occurred throughout Earth’s history: the earliest was over 2 billion years ago, and the most recent one began approximately 3 million years ago and continues today (yes, we live in an ice age!). Currently, we are in a warm interglacial that began about 11,000 years ago. The last period of glaciation, which is often informally called the “Ice Age,” peaked about 20,000 years ago. At that time, the world was on average probably about 10°F (5°C) colder than today, and locally as much as 40°F (22°C) colder.

What causes an ice age and glacial-interglacial cycles?

Many factors contribute to climate variations, including changes in ocean and atmosphere circulation patterns, varying concentrations of atmospheric carbon dioxide, and even volcanic eruptions. The following discusses key factors in (1) initiating ice ages and (2) the timing of glacial-interglacial cycles.
Four fairly regular glacial-interglacial cycles occurred during the past 450,000 years. The shorter interglacial cycles (10,000 to 30,000 years) were about as warm as present and alternated with much longer (70,000 to 90,000 years) glacial cycles substantially colder than present. Notice the longer time with jagged cooling events dropping into the colder glacials followed by the faster abrupt temperature swings to the warmer interglacials.

Four fairly regular glacial-interglacial cycles occurred during the past 450,000 years. The shorter interglacial cycles (10,000 to 30,000 years) were about as warm as present and alternated with much longer (70,000 to 90,000 years) glacial cycles substantially colder than present.

One significant trigger in initiating ice ages is the changing positions of Earth’s ever-moving continents, which affect ocean and atmospheric circulation patterns. When plate-tectonic movement causes continents to be arranged such that warm water flow from the equator to the poles is blocked or reduced, ice sheets may arise and set another ice age in motion. Today’s ice age most likely began when the land bridge between North and South America (Isthmus of Panama) formed and ended the exchange of tropical water between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, significantly altering ocean currents.

How do we know about past ice ages?

Scientists have reconstructed past ice ages by piecing together information derived from studying ice cores, deep sea sediments, fossils, and landforms.

Ice and sediment cores reveal an impressive detailed history of global climate. Cores are collected by driving long hollow tubes as much as 2 miles deep into glacial ice or ocean floor sediments. Ice cores provide annual and even seasonal climate records for up to hundreds of thousands of years, complementing the millions of years of climate records in ocean sediment cores.

Within just the past couple of decades, ice cores recovered from Earth’s two existing ice sheets, Greenland and Antarctica, have revealed the most detailed climate records yet.
Do ice ages come and go slowly or rapidly?

Records show that ice ages typically develop slowly, whereas they end more abruptly. Glacials and interglacials within an ice age display this same trend.

On a shorter time scale, global temperatures fluctuate often and rapidly. Various records reveal numerous large, widespread, abrupt climate changes over the past 100,000 years. One of the more recent intriguing findings is the remarkable speed of these changes. Within the incredibly short time span (by geologic standards) of only a few decades or even a few years, global temperatures have fluctuated by as much as 15°F (8°C) or more. For example, as Earth was emerging out of the last glacial cycle, the warming trend was interrupted 12,800 years ago when temperatures dropped dramatically in only several decades. A mere 1,300 years later, temperatures locally spiked as much as 20°F (11°C) within just several years. Sudden changes like this occurred at least 24 times during the past 100,000 years. In a relative sense, we are in a time of unusually stable temperatures today—how long will it last?

Of course, this data is meaningless if one refuses to believe the Earth is older than portrayed in Genesis.

But it does put into perspective all the panic and bullschitt associated with the "global warming" hoax.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Torque

Everything you listed is not evolution. Those are adaptations. They have not contributed to speciation, unless you're trying to say that homosapiens have different species.

I am saying, and it is fact, these are the steps leading to speciation. Give it another million years. These are the changes we can observe since our species emerged only 30,000 years ago.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ica pottery/stones shows dinosaurs as they are depicted today. Not only dinosaurs, but people riding those dinosaurs with saddles and reins. How did those people know what they looked like, down to the number of toes they had (correctly) if they had not seen them? There are a large number of "Phd's" that have studied these. Evidence from around the world exists of similar situations with cave paintings, etc. People did exist at the same time as dinosaurs. It just doesn't fit with the current evolutionary theory. Radiocarbon dating should never have been used. It is EXTREMELY inaccurate. Modern objects that are tested have come back as being 50-100k years old by that method.

LMFAO! The Ica stones are widely regarded as hoaxes.

You want to believe the lie because you are brainwashed. How did the cavemen know what a dinosaur looked like? How did the people who painted them on the walls in cathedrals know? How did the Chinese know?

The answer is very simple. They lived at the same time in the same areas.

Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
If there was no rain before the flood, how did Cain grow the crops in his field and how did Abel take care of his animals (per Genesis 4)?

Also, per the story of the flood, the highest mountain top was covered by fifteen cubits of water (since each cubit is 18 inches, that's 22 1/2 feet of water). By my calculations, that's roughly 6 inches of rain every minute (assuming current sea level and 40 continuous days of rain).

“To give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift.” -Steve Prefontaine

Matthew 25:31-46
Page 11 of 28 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (arky65, afisher, Aviator, 35, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 11 invisible), 1,493 guests, and 789 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,600
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.