WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by plumbum
This is a cow thread, not a list-of-things-you-don't-like-about-black-neighbors thread.

Race has nothing to do with it.
I actually like my Black neighbors.

Why, that's mighty white of you.
You must be an interior designer because you sure get hung up on colors.

Don’t paint with a broad brush. That Russian interior decorator on The Sopranos was a badass. He took it to Pauly and Christopher big time. I agree that racists are scum, btw.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by WestMont
I didn’t read everything posted and most likely the issue has been resolved but a simple solution would be to push them to the nearest gate to get them back on the right side of the fence and or to cut the fence and then push them back into their pasture and then mend the fence.
Then shore up the fence where they’re getting through until the owners can make a more permanent repair
I do just that with my other neighbors’ cattle. Unless it’s bad, I don’t even call. Just put the cows up and fix the fence. These cows rarely get out.

As I said before, these animals are coming a long way and crossing one if not two other farms to get here. I don’t know how you feel about trespassing, but I’m not inclined to do it.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by huntsman22
but, but, but..... That involves something similar to WORK.......
Could be you don’t know what you’re talking about. I asked for advice. It is evident that is above your pay grade. See the post above for further explanation if you are capable of reading comprehension.

Last edited by gregintenn; 05/21/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
but, but, but..... That involves something similar to WORK.......
On someone else's schitt that gains me nothing.

Kill a beef and have 500+ pounds of beef in the freezer within 3 hours seems more reasonable.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 05/21/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
get a rope......

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
get a rope......
And a gambrel.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Ya’ll read over the part where one is a sheriff’s deputy.
I'd call his boss.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had a similar problem years ago. Neighbors cows getting out and getting into a hay barn. Told the neighbor about it and they claimed it wasn't their cattle, so I told the neighbor that since they were wild cattle (didn't belong to anyone) that I was gonna shoot them, starting the next afternoon when I went to the barn to get hay. That next morning, the neighbor had about a doz. people fixing their fence. No more problems.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Tennessee a fence in or fence out state?
No idea, but I’d guess fence in. You aren’t supposed to let dogs run loose in our county.

A quick google search shows Tennessee is a fence in state. Knowingly allowing livestock to run loose is a class c misdemeanor.

I'm pretty sure there's a fence law in Tn. You have to repair your fences, and keep your stock in. If your stock is out and gets in the road, and somebody hits it, it's pretty much your ass.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I have read most of the thread. I get it that you don't want to spend money or have ill will with your irresponsible neighbors. You have a problem that you shouldn't have to deal with but you do. The law may not help you they tend to hang together. That leaves you the reasonable option to fence out. The cheapest way to do that will be electric fence mentioned. Or at least fence your garden off.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A simple...Hey, your cattle got out and I fixed the gap this time. Sure hope it doesn't again.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Actually it’s two neighbors, each of whom claim the cows belong to the other. One is a sheriff deputy. They’ve been in and out of my yard for a month now.

What is the best way to handle this while keeping my ass out of court?
I had a close neighbor that had goats , a couple of ‘‘em kept getting out and getting in my calf feed in my tractor shed, I peppered their azzes with a 12 gauge one afternoon, problem solved.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I’m having cow meat for dinner.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
One is a sheriff's deputy haha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We had that happen one time. They got into my wife's Hosta plants. We showed the neighbor a picture of the damaged Hostas with a row of 4 A1 Steak sauce bottles by them. The neighbor is a nice guy who offered to pay for the damage but we refused. The Hostas grew back and the neighbor fixed the fence... that day cool

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would expect that this isn't a matter of quickly fixing a fence. I bet his fences are in terrible shape all the way around and he probably likes the idea of them ranging around the countryside eating what they find. Pasture and feed are the huge cost with cattle and he probably doesn't have enough of either. Compounding the problem is that now those cows are used to roaming and it will be hard for any but the best of tight fence to hold them in. Fences are just a suggestion if cattle really want out or in.

I think you will either have to live with this or do what I did with my deputy neighbor. I penned the cattle in my corral and told him if he didn't want to sell them to me that they had to leave on a trailer and not come back. I gave him a price I would pay which he wisely turned down and they ended up sold at the sale. I wasn't even considering turning them back loose on my place so they could try to drive them home. Once they had gotten filled up on my clover they would have walked through the other 3 properties to get back on our place every day. My fences hold our cattle really well but those cattle came right on in.

Go borrow some portable pen panels and capture them. He will not enjoy having to come get them.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cut out the slicks and take em to the sale barn 😏

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Haven’t seen them in a couple of days. Maybe they finally fixed the problem.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by htredneck
Ya’ll read over the part where one is a sheriff’s deputy.

What does that have to do with anything?

Because most of them think they're "above the law."
And for good reason.

The good ole boy network is alive and well in most rural counties, including the sheriffs department.
If that's the case then your first discussion should be with the sheriff himself.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'd be a shame if one disappeared and coincidentally you found a freezer full of beef......It could happen....

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (2500HD, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 280rem_cm, 27 invisible), 1,846 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,244
Posts18,486,010
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.