Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
If a DA prosecutes in this case he deserves the fate this DA received

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-along-with-more-misconduct-allegations/

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jwp475
Property damage in a justified shooting is civil
Yes, it most certainly is. Isn’t that what I said? Again, you need to work on improving your reading comprehension skills.

Every day’s an adventure.
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
As to damage to property from return fire, states differ on that. So long as the shooting is justified, some states nullify liability (on the part of the justified shooter) for property damage that results.
Let’s see now: An individual benefits (saving his life) by the firing of a shot in lawful self-defense (justified), a shot which goes on to cause damage to the property of a third, totally uninvolved person, yet that third person must bear the cost to repair the resulting damage to his property because the liability of the person causing that damage has been nullified by the shooting being justified? Interesting concept, that.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Slavek
Perhaps he did not have theft insurance on his van? That still does not explain shooting back with eyes closed. Unfortunately he was dumb enough to tell police he shot back with his eyes closed.
As general rule I would run away from gunfire or at least seek cover and stay there. Certainly, I would not leave cover and run toward the shooters.
Well, yes, it would be a bit silly for one who owns no guns to run toward gunfire.

Better to cower in the closet and let the girl friend take the punishment.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I know, but some states bar the seeking of civil damages from a justified shooting.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

A pay wall prevented me from reading it.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
That still does not explain shooting back with eyes closed.

BS, lots of people close their eyes shooting at deer. Closing his eyes has nothing to do with this being a clear cut self defense action and the charges are ridiculous

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Exchipy
As to damage to property from return fire, states differ on that. So long as the shooting is justified, some states nullify liability (on the part of the justified shooter) for property damage that results.
Let’s see now: An individual benefits (saving his life) by the firing of a shot in lawful self-defense (justified), a shot which goes on to cause damage to the property of a third, totally uninvolved person, yet that third person must bear the cost to repair the resulting damage to his property because the liability of the person causing that damage has been nullified by the shooting being justified? Interesting concept, that.
He can always seek damages from the criminal who made the defensive shooting a necessity.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
That still does not explain shooting back with eyes closed.

BS, lots of people close their eyes shooting.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Try this one

https://www.npr.org/2007/06/16/11134497/law-panel-disbars-d-a-in-duke-lacrosse-case

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Try this one

https://www.npr.org/2007/06/16/11134497/law-panel-disbars-d-a-in-duke-lacrosse-case
He sure deserved to be disbarred. I remember that case very clearly. Disgusting.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Try this one

He sure deserved to be disbarred. I remember that case very clearly. Disgusting.

If the DA in this case doesn't drop the charges he deserves the same disbarment

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If the DA in this case doesn't drop the charges he deserves the same disbarment
Agreed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
What a surprise.

More bad mouthing and Monday morning quarterbacking yet again by Exchipy. Bad mouthing of the man in the arena. A man protecting both his home and property, obviously from people who were willing to kill him without hesitation, based on the fact that they immediately started shooting at him and into his home that contained his family.

If they are willing to shoot at him and try to murder him the instant he walks out onto his porch, it is absolutely reasonable to expect that they will kill anyone else present in the home as well to eliminate eyewitnesses and prevent from being identified.

Perhaps if you had some actual gunfighting experience, instead of just badmouthing people, (which is what you have a documented track record here of doing) you might have some credibility, but you don't have either.

Disgusting.

Mackay Sagebrush nails it as per usual.

Is it any wonder Ex- Chippy is an EX-Prosecutor & EX-Cop? 🤪 😂😂😂

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/23/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Perhaps he did not have theft insurance on his van? That still does not explain shooting back with eyes closed. Unfortunately he was dumb enough to tell police he shot back with his eyes closed.
As general rule I would run away from gunfire or at least seek cover and stay there. Certainly, I would not leave cover and run toward the shooters.

NoElkSlayer / Jason Cardenas always runs from a fight while wearing DIAPERS. 😂😂😂

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

NoElkSlayer / Jason Cardenas always runs from a fight while wearing DIAPERS. 😂😂😂
Bwahahaha! Is he really Maser? grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Bwahahaha! Is he really Maser? grin

Yep. Outed a long time ago by Renegade50.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Exchipy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I know, but some states bar the seeking of civil damages from a justified shooting.
I believe you’ll find that such a bar applies only to prevent the bad guy-shootee, Mrs. bad guy-shootee, and his blood relatives from seeking damages, and does not apply to an innocent third party.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I believe you’ll find that such a bar applies only to prevent the bad guy-shootee, Mrs. bad guy-shootee, and his blood relatives from seeking damages, and does not apply to an innocent third party.
"Self-defense laws in Florida also establish that people who legally used force are immune from criminal prosecution and civil actions." It doesn't say, "unless the civil action is brought by a third party who suffered damages."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Charging an innocent man of a crime and the only crime is that he was scared and admitted it.

Charges are BS and will not stick.

There is always a law that is broken by everyone every day, simply because there are so many and no one knows them all.

The fact that the home owner was charged shows that law enforcement has zero ability to use proper discretion.
And, if you and your family were living in a house across the street, what then?

“[Z]ero ability to use proper discretion?” Remember that this guy was only charged with reckless endangerment, not the ADW which could have been charged.

Then the criminal aggressors should be charged for any damages done during their crime, yes even if the unfortunate return fire caused damages.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,821
Posts18,477,839
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.