Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Have a couple of MidasTac 6-24x50s, among other models. Those Midas Tacs are very nice scopes for the money. I like the floating dot reticle better than the floating cross hair in the Ares BTR Gen 2 4.5-27, although I wish the floating dot in the Midas Tac was just a hair bigger.

A Midas Tac 6-24 with a slightly larger, illuminated floating dot would be awesome.

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Welcome. I have the Cronus, Ares BTR Gen2, and Helos 2-12x, all MIL versions, and they have all been fantastic. I appreciate the fact that you guys always answer the phone and I can talk to a human being. Keep up the good work.

JGRaider - Thanks for being the first to respond! Thanks for the positive feedback as well. Sounds like you have a pretty nice Athlon collection going on over there - I like it smile

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by 358WCF
Picked up one of your 20-60x spotting scopes on sale from Cameraland last month. It's sure a big step up from the crappy old Simmons I've been using for too many years. If the sun cooperates & air isn't too hazy .22 holes are easily visible @200 yds. The price was right too.

Which model did you get?

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by elkaddict
I have a Helos BTR Gen2 and have been pleased. I’ll pick up another next month for a new project.

Two asks: I’d love to see someone build a SFP durable big game scope that held zero like the old Leupold Vari-X-III scopes that were lightweight, very good optically…..but tracked reliably.

Second, I’d love to see Athlon build something to survive the tests done over on Rockslide. You’ve got the tracking down…I’d love see the durability addressed….and include usable hunting reticles with SFP option.

Thanks for the suggestion! We are constantly in the process of developing new products. Any ideas that are posted in this thread will be passed along to our design team.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
[quote=Athlon_Optics]
Matt, I'll start by saying that I appreciate any manufacturer's rep who has the balls to join a forum and interact with the members. Frankly, it's a no win proposition. People will troll you and antagonize you just for the sake of doing so. People will voice legitimate criticisms that are somewhat difficult to diplomatically address. You also have a number of fans here who speak highly of your products.

I won't ever own one. China is our goddam enemy and there are other countries that are not our enemy that are capable of producing quality optics at competitive prices. Best wishes pard!

Paul, I generally agree with your above statement, but in all fairness, the Chronos models are made in Japan and are the best models they have.

This is a subject that I expect will come up repeatedly - I'm only going to address it once though.

Most of our products are manufactured in China and our Cronus line is manufactured in Japan. All items are sent to our QC lab in Kansas City for inspection before they are shipped. We respect everyone who has played a role in helping our organization become what it has grown into. We also respect the freedom each person has to choose who they buy from.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've heard great things about your scopes. Some of us like a set and forget it scope, that is a 1" tube and light as possible.

Lots of us southerners hunt from a treestand, and usually have time to crank up the power ring if needed. I'd like to see 2 light variables. One topping out at 7-8X, and maybe another around 10-12X, 40mm max.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone! To everyone who has served (and is serving) our country. Thank you!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Welcome to the Fire, Athlon_Optics.
Would you like to comment on the performance of your Helos 2-12 in the scope evaluation, linked below?

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/q-a-for-athlon-helos-btr-gen-2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289776/

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Welcome to the Fire, Athlon_Optics.
Would you like to comment on the performance of your Helos 2-12 in the scope evaluation, linked below?

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/q-a-for-athlon-helos-btr-gen-2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289776/

Send the same message to SWFA, since their's failed too a couple of years ago.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Interesting thread. I'm looking for a new scope at the moment. Something for my AR. 2-7 one inch or 30mm tube doesn't matter. Standard duplex cross, better thin than heavy. Just a plain old school scope, with modern build technology. I haven't looked at Athlon yet, because of the country of orign. I will check out the website. Since your new, I welcome you. Now in campfire tradition GFY.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Howdy Matt,

For the past year or two I've been able to use several different Athlon Scopes while working with Gavin at Ultimate Reloader.

The Athlon Ares 4.5-27x50 worked great on his recent 16.25" .308 Winchester build, and I used it to shoot some tight 100 yard groups. I haven't taken that rifle out to longer ranges yet, though it may go bear hunting this year.
https://ultimatereloader.com/2023/04/22/308-shorty-chronograph-data-comparison-16-vs-24-barrels/

Also used the Athlon Ares 3-18 on Gavin's 30-06 Savage which he upgraded recently. I was able to shoot 1/2 MOA groups with it, and the scope certainly helped with that.
https://ultimatereloader.com/2023/04/09/boyds-heritage-athlon-ares-upgrade-savage-30-06/

https://ultimatereloader.com/2023/05/14/tested-barnes-130-grain-30-caliber-ttsx-bullets/

I hadn't used the Athlon scopes prior to my time at Ultimate Reloader but am glad to have had the opportunity to use them.

Regards, Guy

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have 4 or 5 of the Helos 2x12 mostly on AR,s and 223 bolt guns and like them for general use, for range precise load work up prefer other scopes.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’ve got three in the house and expect to add more soon, the Neos line is without a doubt the best value in optics right now.

I’m with the others who have mentioned a light, tough set it and forget it scope. Build a bullet proof fixed or variable under 15 ounces and I’ll buy a half dozen. Neos 3-9x40 is close. Give me a 6x36 or 2-8x36 and I’d be happy.

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I have two spotting scopes Cronus 12-36x50 UHD and Ares G2 20-60x85 both are very clear and simple to use.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have only had one problem with an Athlon.. Parallax issue ... Sent it in and after a couple days I got a email to call them...I thought "here we go"..

I was shocked when they said there were upgrading me and just wanted to know if I wanted MIL or MOA..

Have a 4 Ahtlons now..Two scopes a spotter and 15x binos... Excellent support and customer service..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kk alaska
I have 4 or 5 of the Helos 2x12 mostly on AR,s and 223 bolt guns and like them for general use, for range precise load work up prefer other scopes.

What he said for the one I have, with the addition of dead nuts reliable and accurate with great illumination and reticle. A bit heavy but everything's a trade-off.

Also have a pair of Ares 10X42 I got from Doug on closeout. Very happy with them for the money and would have been at regular price.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
I’ve got three in the house and expect to add more soon, the Neos line is without a doubt the best value in optics right now.

I’m with the others who have mentioned a light, tough set it and forget it scope. Build a bullet proof fixed or variable under 15 ounces and I’ll buy a half dozen. Neos 3-9x40 is close. Give me a 6x36 or 2-8x36 and I’d be happy.

Yes! I think there's still a market for scopes like that. Simple, light, rugged, reliable, with great glass.

Guy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am a big Athlon fan, I have a Midas Tac 4-16 and a 6-24, very nice scopes. Welcome to the forums.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Cascade
Originally Posted by Biathlonman

Yes! I think there's still a market for scopes like that. Simple, light, rugged, reliable, with great glass.

Guy

2-7/3-9X36/40 can be found but are getting thinner on the ground. Fixed X are non-existent.

How about a 6X with a mil tree like the BTR 2? No dialing necessary just zero and know holds.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The Kahles K16i is the Gold Standard by which I judge all optics...

If Athlon wanted to chase "Perfection" this is where I would set the mark.

https://www.kahles.at/us/sport/riflescopes/k16i-1-6x24i

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 2 of 21 1 2 3 4 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,552 guests, and 1,419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,652
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.