Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Who makes the best "American Made" (with American made glass/components) scope?

Please rank the top five you would pick in order (Number 1 to Number 5).

Thanks

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Who makes the best "American Made" (with American made glass/components) scope?

Please rank the top five you would pick in order (Number 1 to Number 5).

Thanks
That’s real tough criteria

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a tough one. Leupold are good scopes, for set and forget.

Unfortunately, they track like Stevie Wonder.

One reason I'm trying the Helos BTR.

Tired of dealing with leupi tracking issues.

Athlon could afford to shed a few ozs. though

Last edited by hicountry; 05/29/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hicountry
This is what I'll say about made in China....

When counties have open trade, and is mutually beneficial, they tend not to want to annihilate each other.

Blame the politicians for making China a most favored nation to trade with.

And of course the Biden crime family taking bribes from China in exchange for God knows what.

Companies go offshore because they can get stuff made for less than domestically. Politicians allowed that to happen.

And libtards keep voting them in.

Libtards keep buying Chinese scopes when there are a LOT of great non-Chinese options. Does Xi's cock taste like schezwan?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Somehow it seems this thread didn't get the results the OP wanted

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lol, no schhiit

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Credit where due, Athlon got my Helos back on Thursday the 18th, shipped the replacement out Tuesday the 23rd, and I got it on Friday the 26th. That's pretty fast.

I think my gunsmith may have botched my Tikka bolt a bit, so the new Helos probably won't see any rounds till that gets all worked out. Maybe I'll put it on my lighter 6 ARC or Ruger SFAR to get a little workout while I'm waiting.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 05/30/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KenMi
Somehow it seems this thread didn't get the results the OP wanted
They knew what was coming. They are plenty sharp and building a solid business. There were plenty of positives and any advertising is good advertising. Some are just looking for an opportunity to show their asses.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Misery loves company. Not surprised at all at how this has turned out.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I personally own one Athlon scope that I bought on closeout. Nice scope for what I paid for it but it’s about or maybe is the only Chinese made scope that I own. I go well out of my way to avoid them.

Fugg China for Covid as a bioweapon and all of there other predatory practices and human rights violations.

Labels like an “American Company…” but made in China is a bigger slap in the face than just leaving the “American Company” line out all together IMO. Translation a few owners or shareholders make bank while nearly everything else is outsourced to near slave labor. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Honest question, is there no viable options for manufacturing in other traditionally “cheap” countries?
There’s lots of options that are countries not actively seeking world domination and actively working against our form of government and way of life.
China is flooding our country with fentanyl just for starters. I do my best to not knowingly purchase anything made there if there’s any viable alternative.

I’d love to know what the profit margin is for a scope selling for $500-$1,000 that’s made in China is. Id guess 200% min.

Each to his own.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I own one Athlon spotter and it is was made in Japan. Value exceeds its price point. It is highly usable. I like it for what I use it for and will use it until I can't hunt anymore.

I don't dial. I don't throw my rifle down on purpose. I don't need anything tactical.

I take good care of my gear. I do "mash" often, I do handload often, and I like trying different combinations of powder and bullets to wring out more performance. I am old and have zero need to impress anyone but myself.

Euro rifle scopes made for hunting with a damn good and simple reticle design are what I like and want.

If someone wants to buy CCP products, they are within their legal right to do so just like people are within their legal right to buy Bud Light.

Is there a 100% USA made rifle scope made? I mean with all the scope components, paperwork, and boxing made in the USA?

Last edited by FSJeeper; 05/29/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeezus Fhuqk,what WON'T a Crying Karen whine about?!? Hint.

Reupold is out of any serious discussion. Hint.

You gals collectively,don't shoot enough to fill a TicTac dispenser with empty brass. Nor do you "procure" enough,to make a fizzling fhuqk. Fortunately,Imagination,Pretend and Emoji's are free,so you gals can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Pardon my critique swaying the market,as you Hissy your Fit(s) and laude Brokedicktitude. Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing
The Kahles K16i is the Gold Standard by which I judge all optics...

If Athlon wanted to chase "Perfection" this is where I would set the mark.

https://www.kahles.at/us/sport/riflescopes/k16i-1-6x24i

Page 2...

CLONE THESE!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Pardon my shooting more of said wares,than everyone else combined as you Crying Karens "get" to Pretend aloud...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

That High Pitched Brokedick Whining,sure is fhuqking soothing ladies. Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even Crying Karens can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

I'll feign my great "SURPRISE",that you gals must "live" vicariously. Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Pardon a simplistic critique by me,massively swingin' Sales. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........................
Stick,

How’s that Talos spotter working out for you?

Thanks in advance.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CreditQueen,

A SFP wearing a schit reticle,pisses up a LOT(every) of ropes. Hint.

The Spotter was bought as a lark for giggles,but is fhuqking surprisingly viable. Procured it to leave in my crummy at work,to gawk Brownies,Polar Bears and MuskOx...but keep forgetting to throw it in my travel bag. I leave a 'Frotto tripod/ballhead at work,to compliment a 1D4 and White Glass. Also keep a LRF and a coupla scopes,which only adds to why Fixed Fhuqkers are so hard to score as of late. Hint.

I'm thinking there will be new glass and at least one new rifle,awaiting my return. Karens LOVE Mail. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Honest question, is there no viable options for manufacturing in other traditionally “cheap” countries?
There’s lots of options that are countries not actively seeking world domination and actively working against our form of government and way of life.
China is flooding our country with fentanyl just for starters. I do my best to not knowingly purchase anything made there if there’s any viable alternative.

I’d love to know what the profit margin is for a scope selling for $500-$1,000 that’s made in China is. Id guess 200% min.

Each to his own.

By all accounts, Korea and the Philippines are cranking out good quality, cost competitive scopes. I'd be very interested in knowing how much more it would cost Athlon to have one of their China made scopes produced in one of those countries instead.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick
CreditQueen,

A SFP wearing a schit reticle,pisses up a LOT(every) of ropes. Hint.

Get back to me when you step away from brokedrick glass and can afford Kahles glass... KK?

The OP asked how to improve his product... FFP or SFP with QUALITY GLASS in the 1.1-4 or 1.5-6 range... Grand Slam Home Run

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Cash, just curious, what do you think you can kill with Kahles glass that you can't kill with Meopta, VX6, or any of the new "glass" found in $400+ rifle scopes today?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Cash, just curious, what do you think you can kill with Kahles glass that you can't kill with Meopta, VX6, or any of the new "glass" found in $400+ rifle scopes today?

AFTER DARK...

Kahles is damn near night vision.

Seriously... find someone with one (lower power variable) and look thru it 1-2-3 hours after dark. It will blow your mind.

THAT is what I am hoping Athlon can master in a clone...

Also the eyebox... the Helos 2-12 (I have one)... eyebox is not good.

I asked Stick about the eyebox before I bought mine from Doug.

He did not answer... just his typical gibberish about fugging hinting and strawberry picking...

Stick has a fugg ton of useful knowledge, but his 6th grade antics always gets in the way of being useful... ALWAYS

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,394 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,164
Posts18,484,441
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.