Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Stick, now known as "The Ocho" says he put eight (8) into a bear. Who's got him beat???

Originally Posted by Big Stick
I splashed (8) .308" 165gr IL's on a single Bear(300 Winny) and tracked him for over 3/4 mile. He's lifesize. Hint.

Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some. Hint.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
One shot one bunny with an open sight .460 Wby.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

One shot one pig.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Holy crap, I thought .375 H&H on a deer was overkill!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I put at least 6 into my cape buff. PH probably another 4. Was getting dark on the last day. Think he fell over from the amount of lead he was packing.

Carpe' Scrotum
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by goalie
Stick, now known as "The Ocho" says he put eight (8) into a bear. Who's got him beat???

I do, badly, but it doesn't seem to be a thing to brag about. frown

The whole topic reminds me of an old indian guy who lived down the road and sometimes did day labor for my father. One day he came to work and bragged 'bout getting hepatitis 'cause it was proof he'd finally, at 60-ish, gotten laid. A smart feller would keep his mouth shut about such things.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have witnessed a white tail doe that had 7 entrance wounds. 5 of those were from a Glock 40cal. The other 2 from a 30-30.

Dude was determined to kill one with his service pistol. After hitting it as it ran by him 5 times, it ran over to the neighbors where they shot it twice with a 30-30. Once square in both back hams and once in the guts.

I still laugh as they were both trying to make the other one tag and clean it. Wooof!

CK
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Usually 1, as where I hunt, you Usually on get 1. East coast wt and black bear.

Out west, so far only 1 per on elk, md, and stink goats.

BC, 1 per mtn goat, moose.

Really only multi shot animal was 8.5ft mtn grizz.

2 in the boiler room, missed 1 rolling down a ridge, 1 in the rear leg flopping around.

Really, he was doa on the first shot, but the guide was yelling keep shooting, so I did. 300rum, 200ab.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I splashed (8) .308" 165gr IL's on a single Bear(300 Winny) and tracked him for over 3/4 mile. He's lifesize. Hint.

Schtick was probably drunk, and with that crosseyed look on his face...

I'm sure every one is smart enough not to believe him, when he posts pics of him putting ten 22 long rifle bullets into a single hole at 500 yds....probably pushes a pencil hole into a target on a sheet of paper, writes 500 yds on it, and his groupies worship him over it...as he shows a pic of 'the rifle', laying in a stream with a dead fish next to it... on dry land.

Nobody has ever told him, the fish belongs in the water if it was caught, and the rifle belongs on dry land. Some one told him that a long time ago, but he was drunk at the time and has been doing it backwards ever since... Remember, no one gets more out of 2 working brain cells than Schtick...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Several hundred at a pheasant with a 30 mph tail wind. As far as I know that bird dodged all from 4 shots of #6's

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember when I was a kid I had to shoot a squirrel like 5 times. Little bastard would never give me a clear shot and I kept hoping I'd ding some extremity of his hard enough that he'd fall. He was dripping blood on my head before he finally fell.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Shot pigs 3 or 4 times when they were going nuts in a round trap pen.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think I put 5-6 rounds into a doe antelope’s chest once at 50-150 yards. It was ‘just’ a .223 Rem and IIRC either 69 or 62 Sierra, both of which I had several, several one shot kills with on critters bigger than doe antelope.

That stupid thing absolutely refused to die. I think I followed blood and lung chunks for well over half a mile. I found her bedded with her head still up and finally put one more in her head.

What a sh’itshow that was. Just one of those rare situations, I guess.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick called me a bunch of names because of how bad the 300 wby is according to him. 8 shots from one to kill the bear and yeah, not his fault apparently. Dudes a literal tard lol

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I think I put 5-6 rounds into a doe antelope’s chest once at 50-150 yards. It was ‘just’ a .223 Rem and IIRC either 69 or 62 Sierra, both of which I had several, several one shot kills with on critters bigger than doe antelope.

That stupid thing absolutely refused to die. I think I followed blood and lung chunks for well over half a mile. I found her bedded with her head still up and finally put one more in her head.

What a sh’itshow that was. Just one of those rare situations, I guess.

I had ok luck stunt shooting deer with .223, but I had to waste a shoulder to get bang-flops. I have the luxury of enough land and good neighbors to pop the lungs with something big, and follow the trail of blood a little ways of they run.

If the deer going 25 yards makes recovery a mess, I get the shoulder shot, but for me there's no need to waste the meat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire

Schtick was probably drunk, and with that crosseyed look on his face...

I'm sure every one is smart enough not to believe him, when he posts pics of him putting ten 22 long rifle bullets into a single hole at 500 yds....probably pushes a pencil hole into a target on a sheet of paper, writes 500 yds on it, and his groupies worship him over it...as he shows a pic of 'the rifle', laying in a stream with a dead fish next to it... on dry land.

Nobody has ever told him, the fish belongs in the water if it was caught, and the rifle belongs on dry land. Some one told him that a long time ago, but he was drunk at the time and has been doing it backwards ever since... Remember, no one gets more out of 2 working brain cells than Schtick...
lol

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Another with my .460 Wby.

Entrance of the 480 grain Woodleigh RNSP.

Exit of the 480 grain Woodleigh RNSP.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Stick called me a bunch of names because of how bad the 300 wby is according to him. 8 shots from one to kill the bear and yeah, not his fault apparently. Dudes a literal tard lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
One shot one bunny with an open sight .460 Wby.

One shot one pig.
I dont think you brought enough gun to that fight haha. Awesome rifle!

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
CZ 550 .450 Howell and jackrabbit.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
CZ .17 HMR and ground squirrel.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,664 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,948
Posts18,499,003
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.