Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I hate cats!

They can't go by a car that they don't jump up on it and leave cat tracks all over it. When I was in college, I came out one night and found a cat curled up on the hood of my GTO, warming himself from the engine heat through the hood. I grabbed him, not careful how I did it and was going to throw him on the roof of the neighbor's house.

I had a coat on and good thing I did, because he bit and scratched every inch of my arm from my shoulder to my wrist. It was like grabbing a chain saw at full throttle. I couldn't let go of him fast enough.

Cats 1; Me 0

Our neighbors cat got into my garage somehow and of course he had to run all over the top of the GTO. I couldn't find the cat or how he got into the garage, so I washed the car and put it back in the garage. 2 days later, I look in the garage and there are cat tracks all over the car again.

I set some traps in the back of the garage and placed hamburger between the traps and came back the next day to capture the cat. The hamburger was gone, no cat in the traps. How he was able to survive in the garage that long without water, I will never know.

I then cut a piece of plywood that would completely enclose the area under the stairs, as that is where he had to be hiding, I could never find him. I cut a hole just lsrge enough for him to crawl through and put more hamburger and traps out.

The next day, bingo, a cat in the trap. I thought I would pull him and the trap out from under the cover he had, but I had forgotten about cats and chainsaws. My memory was cleared instantly and I was quickly reminded of a pissed off cat.

17 shots later with a pellet gun and lots of cat screaming, he expired and I threw him in the garbage.

My neighbor commented a couple weeks later that he hadn't seen his cat around for nearly 2 weeks. I said the last time I saw him he was headed to the garbage can. They never figured it out...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You are a prick.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by windridge
I hate cats!

They can't go by a car that they don't jump up on it and leave cat tracks all over it. When I was in college, I came out one night and found a cat curled up on the hood of my GTO, warming himself from the engine heat through the hood. I grabbed him, not careful how I did it and was going to throw him on the roof of the neighbor's house.

I had a coat on and good thing I did, because he bit and scratched every inch of my arm from my shoulder to my wrist. It was like grabbing a chain saw at full throttle. I couldn't let go of him fast enough.

Cats 1; Me 0

Our neighbors cat got into my garage somehow and of course he had to run all over the top of the GTO. I couldn't find the cat or how he got into the garage, so I washed the car and put it back in the garage. 2 days later, I look in the garage and there are cat tracks all over the car again.

I set some traps in the back of the garage and placed hamburger between the traps and came back the next day to capture the cat. The hamburger was gone, no cat in the traps. How he was able to survive in the garage that long without water, I will never know.

I then cut a piece of plywood that would completely enclose the area under the stairs, as that is where he had to be hiding, I could never find him. I cut a hole just lsrge enough for him to crawl through and put more hamburger and traps out.

The next day, bingo, a cat in the trap. I thought I would pull him and the trap out from under the cover he had, but I had forgotten about cats and chainsaws. My memory was cleared instantly and I was quickly reminded of a pissed off cat.

17 shots later with a pellet gun and lots of cat screaming, he expired and I threw him in the garbage.

My neighbor commented a couple weeks later that he hadn't seen his cat around for nearly 2 weeks. I said the last time I saw him he was headed to the garbage can. They never figured it out...

You are a prick.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by windridge
I hate cats!

Cats 1; Me 0

You are a prick.
It sounds like Shrap actually kept a better eye on that cat than its owner did.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Cats roaming the country side are pests not pets. Like cats fine, keep them at home.

Molon Labe
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Cats roaming the country side are pests not pets. Like cats fine, keep them at home.

+1

I keep cats around to keep the vermin count down. Outside my property lines or anyone else’s they are targets. Same as dogs. I love dogs, and I’ve never understood the hatred for cats.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I hate cats!

Cats 1; Me 0

This is a tie for the greatest cat story ever told.

The other is Steve Timm’s. It involved the .220 Swift Improved.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave
I hate cats!

Cats 1; Me 0

This is a tie for the greatest cat story ever told.

The other is Steve Timm’s. It involved the .220 Swift Improved.

Was that the cat that flew the plane into a high rise building and killed innocent people that he said was a hero?

MAGA
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
My Brothers purebred red heeler was his cow dog/pheasant pointer and used to kill cats on a weekly basis.

Out pheasant hunting, we would see a cat's tail weaving through the grass. A pointed finger and PSSSST.

The dog was on the cat like a lightning bolt. He grabbed them right over the shoulders with the first bite, worked his way to the hips, and back to the head. We never saw him take even a scratch mark. He would prance back to our side with his tail high and proud. What's next? What's next?

Go find a bird!

He kept the feral cats at bay very well around the farm, but never touched a barn cat around the homestead. He only killed on command.

I'd like to have one of his offspring...

... or two.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
E
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
E
Feral cats kill some schit I treat them as targets of opportunity

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Smartest cat in the world best case scenario you’ll have a box of chit in your house
Don’t like em

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Aside from rodent control on a farm, do cats serve any other purpose to justify their existence on this planet?

I despise them.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

269 members (257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 33 invisible), 2,345 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,489
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.