-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The OEM mag proper isn't the weakest link,though it is a pile of fhuqking schit. The bottom "metal" is THE weakest link and an absolute fhuqking JOKE. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The JO V2 is your bitch and don't even think about anything else. Though I've got JO V1,Wayne's World and the JO CZ 527 bottoms too. Hint.

I've flogged the schit out of them(daily for a month straight),in less than "perfect" weather and they are simply fhuqking exceptional. Hint.

Just sayin'.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just wish JO could keep the bottom metal in stock…glass should be here today, just can’t run my rigs with no bottom metal.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Am waiting on them to be in stock too.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
By the way, what base and ring set up is everyone using?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
410600's are tough to beat in my book,though I drive RVF DD's on my 22PPC AFI. (6) cap screws is never not soothing and I'll take Swiffer Low's. Hint.

Ring spacing and surface area,are a scope's BEST friend. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
thank you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve got the Burris set up on one with a SWFA 6x in the mail somewhere, other got a set of Talley UL lows, still trying to find glass I love on the 1” Talleys, 6x42 Leupold hasn’t been unseated yet…

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Made it out to the range today with the 6mm ARC barreled action put in the factory 2nd carbon fiber, Stocky's stock today. Winds are gusting well over 20 mph. So my accuracy potential may have suffered noticeably. Goal today was to break in the barrel & get familiarized with the Howa as this is my first Howa.

Chose to sight in & start break in on the barrel with some mild reloads with inexpensive 85 grain all copper bullets that have been CBN coated. After 35 rounds cleaning at frequent intervals, I opted to try a few factory rounds for accuracy & velocity test. Given the wind conditions I feel the factory ammo has real potential in the accuracy department.

Then off to evaluating velocity w factory 108's from this 22" barrel. Velocity readings were as follows when measured with a magneto speed.

Well I had the CZ 527 along w the 22" Pacnor barrel. May as well measure velocity with that barrel as well, Right? Well I did & velocity was as follows, Mind you this is the same box of factory ammo.

While the factory ammo showed real accuracy potential in the Howa, The same was not true for my CZ527.

More interesting stuff, the brass left on the face of the bolt of the Howa was quite note worthy. Brass left on the face of the CZ, not so much. I ask, is the brass on the face of the bolt on the Howa, more a feature of pressure or does the ejector play a considerable roll here.

Last edited by Hunterapp; 06/11/23. Reason: add factory 108's

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Consideration for less expensive Howa mods that may be more cost efficient & make the system more reliable if done right.

I am experiencing a mag that is not seating quite deep enough and the mag needs to be re-seated or held up to allow the next round to feed. Anyone have a mod to improve the reliability of the factory mag to feed they would care to share?

Mod for mag engagement is likely a moot point for me, as I do intend on switching out to the hinged floor plate in the not to distant future.Though if i did wish to go back to a mag feed these mods do seem to have merit IMHO.

Last edited by Hunterapp; 06/11/23.

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
Still patiently waiting for JO to get the blind Mini mag box in stock, hoping to grab two when they become available to shake out my grendel and ARC barreled actions I sourced from the Delonghea deal.

I have been in contact & getting on his notification list. Expect these may come in to stock soon.

IC B3

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
Still patiently waiting for JO to get the blind Mini mag box in stock, hoping to grab two when they become available to shake out my grendel and ARC barreled actions I sourced from the Delonghea deal.

I have been in contact & getting on his notification list. Expect these may come in to stock soon.

Here's and update for everyone waiting, I am also waiting for the rest of my parts to return from anodizing.

I sent a much larger batch out for finishing and it's been delayed so I'm just waiting for them to return so I can start assembly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got tired of waiting on Wayne and JO to get stock in and bought the DIP bottom metal instead for my 6.5 Grendel. My groups improved a lot, as I can get proper torque on things now. Next replacement is a new stock.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I considered one of those, and JO’s similar model for my .223, but the CZ 527 mags are very compact, and nicely made, so that JO model was chosen. Additionally, the 3-round M1 mags sit flush, which is nice.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Hudge
I got tired of waiting on Wayne and JO to get stock in and bought the DIP bottom metal instead for my 6.5 Grendel. My groups improved a lot, as I can get proper torque on things now. Next replacement is a new stock.

Should have waited, just received the email from Chris that they were back in stock. I got mine, y'all can have the rest

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just ordered two, can’t wait!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ordered one as well

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Me too and I don't have another one to put it on... yet.

Hopefully some stainless minis will make it to the USA soon.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
just got mine ordered. Thanks for the heads up all.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

350 members (160user, 163bc, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2500HD, 37 invisible), 2,023 guests, and 1,085 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,559
Posts18,510,575
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.