Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Hey Everyone!

We are working on a little project over here at Athlon Optics and I was hoping to get some help from all of you.

We are assembling a collection of links to reviews that have been published on Athlon products (Video, Written, etc.).

If you come across a review, please post a link here. It would be greatly appreciated!

Here's one I just found on the HERAS SPR 6-24X56 (to get us started) - https://industryoutsider.com/athlon-heras-spr-6-24x56-aplr9-ffp-ir-moa-review/

Thank you smile

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/athlon-helos-btr-gen2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289757/

GB1

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ugh… another 6-24x56 size queen.
Btw, Thanks for the reply regarding the need for a lower powered scopes for hunters (sarcasm)

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Welcome to the sight and thank you for offering a superior product. Your hard work is appreciated

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Greetings Everyone!

My name is Matt and I am very excited to launch the official Athlon Optics thread on 24 Hour Campfire!

I am a competitive shooter (primarily 3GUN) and a member of the Athlon marketing team. I am also a big fan of good glass and all things that go BOOM.

I look forward to some great conversation and the opportunity to answer any questions you might have about our products or about optics in general.

So... Let's get this party started!

Are there any Athlon fans out there? If yes, I would love to hear about the Athlon products you are using, what you use them for, and what your experience has been.
Hello Matt
I’ve been using the 2-12 mil helos and really like the scope.
THE reason for that exact scope is due to the size of the center dot. Works great for hunting.
All in all a very good package and the three I have are very repeatable when dialing.
I do wish Athlon would offer a similar style and sized reticle in some of there other scopes.

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Recently got ahold of the Athlon Helos 2-12. It's going on a lefty Rem 700 270win. Been awhile since I purchased rings/bases and need to source a set. The only optics I have that are comparable are Nightfarce, USO, Burris, Sightron, and Primary Arms.

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by NWT
Idaho Shooter just purchased a Athlon Cronus spotting scope.
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

The only Athlon optics made in Japan are the Cronus riflescopes

Congrats on your purchase of a Cronus G2 spotter - recently named "Optic of the Year" at the Industry Choice Awards! I'm sure you will be very impressed - especially at the price point. As stated above, the only Athlon products that are manufactured in Japan are our Cronus rifle scopes. Everything we sell, however, goes through our QC lab in Olathe, KS before it is shipped out. Let us know what you think after you get a little time behind it.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Recently got ahold of the Athlon Helos 2-12. It's going on a lefty Rem 700 270win. Been awhile since I purchased rings/bases and need to source a set. The only optics I have that are comparable are Nightfarce, USO, Burris, Sightron, and Primary Arms.

I would recommend a set of Athlon Precision rings. Our 30mm versions are available in Low (.89"), Medium (1.05"), and MSR (1.443") heights.

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
[quote=NWT]Idaho Shooter just purchased a Athlon Cronus spotting scope.
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

As stated above, the only Athlon products that are manufactured in Japan are our Cronus rifle scopes. Everything we sell, however, goes through our QC lab in Olathe, KS before it is shipped out.

Athlon:
You are missing the point completely!! Most of us could care less about your CHINESE GOVERNMENT made products being quality checked in a USA facility.
The entire problem is the Athlon products you are supporting and pushing in America are made by the CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY read the CCP. In case you have missed it , the CHINESE COMMUNIST GOVERNMENT who owns Athlon wants to destroy our countries way of life. This includes the shooting sports and hunting. Not sure why any American would get in bed with a CCP company in today’s world when there are so many better choices. F*** the CCP
NWT

Last edited by NWT; 06/14/23. Reason: Add two words
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I would recommend a set of Athlon Precision rings. Our 30mm versions are available in Low (.89"), Medium (1.05"), and MSR (1.443") heights.
Thanks. I wasn't aware there were rings available. What is the weight on them like. Med or heavy?

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn

Thanks. I wasn't aware there were rings available. What is the weight on them like. Med or heavy?

Medium

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey Everyone!

We are working on a little project over here at Athlon Optics and I was hoping to get some help from all of you.

We are assembling a collection of links to reviews that have been published on Athlon products (Video, Written, etc.).

If you come across a review, please post a link here. It would be greatly appreciated!

Here's one I just found on the HERAS SPR 6-24X56 (to get us started) - https://industryoutsider.com/athlon-heras-spr-6-24x56-aplr9-ffp-ir-moa-review/

Thank you smile

Athlon Optics Midas ED 8x42

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/the-best-binoculars/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sandlapper
Hey Everyone!

Thank you smile

Athlon Optics Midas ED 8x42

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/the-best-binoculars/

No America loving 2A supporter should EVER link the NYT.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NWT
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

As stated above, the only Athlon products that are manufactured in Japan are our Cronus rifle scopes. Everything we sell, however, goes through our QC lab in Olathe, KS before it is shipped out.

Athlon:
You are missing the point completely!! Most of us could care less about your CHINESE GOVERNMENT made products being quality checked in a USA facility.
The entire problem is the Athlon products you are supporting and pushing in America are made by the CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY read the CCP. In case you have missed it , the CHINESE COMMUNIST GOVERNMENT who owns Athlon wants to destroy our countries way of life. This includes the shooting sports and hunting. Not sure why any American would get in bed with a CCP company in today’s world when there are so many better choices. F*** the CCP
NWT

I understand what you are saying and don't disagree.... but the only reason communist china is an actual threat to us is because our politicians sold us out.
Started with Nixon, then advanced big time by Clinton then GWB pushed for normalized trade status for them. Then our corporations sent all our factory jobs over to China and profits shot through the roof and the stock market cheered.
Now we have NWO pedophiles running the show....
So in the grand scheme of things purchasing a Chinese scope or two doesn't move the needle at all.
The biggest threat to us and our way of life is homegrown. Want to make a difference boycott Budweiser

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by NWT
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

Athlon:
NWT

I understand what you are saying and don't disagree.... but the only reason communist china is an actual threat to us is because our politicians sold us out.
Started with Nixon, then advanced big time by Clinton then GWB pushed for normalized trade status for them. Then our corporations sent all our factory jobs over to China and profits shot through the roof and the stock market cheered.
So in the grand scheme of things purchasing a Chinese scope or two doesn't move the needle at all.
The biggest threat to us and our way of life is homegrown. Want to make a difference boycott Budweiser

Amen

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MrWilson
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Welcome to the Fire, Athlon_Optics.
Would you like to comment on the performance of your Helos 2-12 in the scope evaluation, linked below?

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/q-a-for-athlon-helos-btr-gen-2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289776/

Athlon_Optics,
You may have missed my previous post amongst the noise. Would appreciated your comments on the 2-12's performance in the thread linked above.

the drop tests if yo can call it that , is not a real test or measure in my mind. too many variables , prone to inconsistent and no real control in the "testing" to be valid and meaningful. Besides , if I drop or bump my rifle I am going to ensure my zero is fine before shooting at an animal.

One time I was driving down the highway and I decided to take a picture of the sunset by holding my phone up through the sunroof (bad idea). It blew away and I could see it bouncing down the highway in my rearview mirror. I was able to recover it and it was completely fine! Shortly after, I knocked my phone off the bottom shelf of a nightstand (about 15 inches) and the screen shattered. Drop tests, as mentioned above, can be misleading due to consistency and control issues. All it takes is contact at just the right angle to mess things up. That's my opinion, anyway. Fortunately, Athlon offers a transferable lifetime warranty. If something goes wrong, we will repair or replace it.
I can understand your aversion. Honest question… So I assume Athlon has some type of durability testing of their own that is more uniformly standardized? Please share with us. What kind of impact and or reliability testing does Athlon perform?

Last edited by SDHNTR; 06/16/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by NWT
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

Athlon:
NWT

Amen

Maybe the china scope haters are looking at this all wrong... they should consider the highest and best use for a quality china made scope would be to snipe a few commies if they ever decide to invade...
And Matt, I am pretty sure is an American, with a family and that is a good thing to support!!!!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Would you like to comment on the performance of your Helos 2-12 in the scope evaluation, linked below?

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/q-a-for-athlon-helos-btr-gen-2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289776/

Athlon_Optics,
You may have missed my previous post amongst the noise. Would appreciated your comments on the 2-12's performance in the thread linked above.

the drop tests if yo can call it that , is not a real test or measure in my mind. too many variables , prone to inconsistent and no real control in the "testing" to be valid and meaningful. Besides , if I drop or bump my rifle I am going to ensure my zero is fine before shooting at an animal.

One time I was driving down the highway and I decided to take a picture of the sunset by holding my phone up through the sunroof (bad idea). It blew away and I could see it bouncing down the highway in my rearview mirror. I was able to recover it and it was completely fine! Shortly after, I knocked my phone off the bottom shelf of a nightstand (about 15 inches) and the screen shattered. Drop tests, as mentioned above, can be misleading due to consistency and control issues. All it takes is contact at just the right angle to mess things up. That's my opinion, anyway. Fortunately, Athlon offers a transferable lifetime warranty. If something goes wrong, we will repair or replace it.
I can understand your aversion. Honest question… So I assume Athlon has some type of durability testing of their own that is more uniformly standardized? Please share with us. What kind of impact and or reliability testing does Athlon perform?

I test and break stuff for a living (.mil COTS and spaceflight), and most manufacturers won't release details on specifics of internal testing they do. I can think up some test programs that would be applicable, but it would be interesting to see some transparency in the test standards, procedure details, and sample size tested.

The "Rokslide test" is...yeah. Very arbitrary and likely not especially repeatable.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SinisterLefty

Athlon_Optics,

I test and break stuff for a living (.mil COTS and spaceflight), and most manufacturers won't release details on specifics of internal testing they do. I can think up some test programs that would be applicable, but it would be interesting to see some transparency in the test standards, procedure details, and sample size tested.

The "Rokslide test" is...yeah. Very arbitrary and likely not especially repeatable.

I don’t necessarily need to see the exact test, but I want to know that some impact/durability/zero retention testing was done! I’d venture a guess that most manufacturers do none at all! They could show us what that means the scope is then capable of. You ever seen any of the Nightforce torture test videos? I’m not saying things need to be taken to that extreme, but I will tell you this, I will only purchase scopes that come from manufacturers that do durability/impact/zero retention testing. As a consumer, I believe that should be a minimum standard we should expect. Instead, most manufacturers seem to avoid the matter altogether. I hope that isn’t what’s happening here?

Last edited by SDHNTR; 06/16/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t necessarily need to see the exact test, but I want to know that some impact/durability/zero retention testing was done! I’d venture a guess that most manufacturers do none at all! They could show us what that means the scope is then capable of. You ever seen any of the Nightforce torture test videos? I’m not saying things need to be taken to that extreme, but I will tell you this, I will only purchase scopes that come from manufacturers that do durability/impact/zero retention testing. As a consumer, I believe that should be a minimum standard we should expect. Instead, most manufacturers seem to avoid the matter altogether. I hope that isn’t what’s happening here?

I suspect all manufacturers do recoil based zero retention testing, and that is indeed enough to serve most shooters well. I wonder what percentage of game is killed each year with the scopes you worship. 1% maybe? That means the other scopes "work."

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So just because an automobile has a motor that runs and tires that turn, that’s enough for you? Of course a scope should hold up to recoil, that’s a given, and no it’s not enough! Personally, I want a car that has also been crash tested. Durability after impact matters to me, just like it does with scopes.

Your point that 99% of other scopes work is bunk. More like 99% of consumers are too dumb to know better and demand more. But that’s changing. People are becoming more informed and demanding better durability. Fancy features, pretty glass, flashy marketing (warranties) and recoil testing alone aren’t gonna cut it. Scope manufacturers will need to adjust accordingly. It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen. It’s starting. Manufacturers that continue to ignore the matter of impact testing and zero retention will lose share to those who embrace the concept. It’s a good thing.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 06/17/23.
Page 10 of 21 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,153
Posts18,484,272
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.