Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Maybe one of the portable ac units with exhaust hose. Needs a smaller opening than window unit

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, been discussing a hotel stay.

Today wasn't so bad b/c we had cloud cover and a big thunderstorm. Humid, but not brutally hot like yesterday. Supposed to rain tomorrow as well, so a bit of a reprieve. Next week will be over 100° all week, so that will be fun.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn, was hoping it was AoC out of the House of Representatives.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Starting the work of replacing the entire HVAC system tomorrow.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A week later and the new AC system was finally turned on today. House is starting to cool down - it's 84° in the house now, down from 93° earlier today. It was 104° today, which was slightly better than yesterday. We're averaging ~ 30 min/° drop in temp.

HVAC fellers will be back to hook up the return plenum, get the heating hooked up and various other clean-up and small issues tomorrow.

Question: HVAC guy constructed the supply plenum and will construct the return air plenum out of fiberglass duct board taped together with foil HVAC tape. Should he have used galvanized sheet metal or is his fiberglass board method acceptable? I would prefer galvanized sheet metal, but my concern with that is the sheet metal available today is such a light gauge and the galvanizing such schitty quality that it probably won't last long at all.

It's truly amazing comparing tis new Carrier equipment with the Carrier equipment we had from 1952. There really is no comparison - it's like the difference between tin foil and 1/8" sheet steel. The quality of this modern stuff is pathetic and it's clear that we'll be lucky to get 10 - 15 years out of it, while our old carrier stuff lasted 70 years and could have lasted longer if we had the time to have a new flat coil built and find a condenser barrel for a decent price. But that would have taken weeks if not months.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/29/23.

- Del Gue
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
You will be extremely lucky if you get 10-15 years out of a new system.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
You will be extremely lucky if you get 10-15 years out of a new system.

That's what I was thinking. I was attempting to be optimistic.

- Del Gue
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,147
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.