Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I went with the Glock 20 and love it. Def limited here in regards to newer handguns

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I shot a bunch of my Poly-Coat 40+P loads through my Gen 5 G20. The gun gobbled them up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Gen5 G20 is a solid gun.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have a G20, I believe it’s Gen 3. Mine is very accurate. They are big and heavy. Nothing bad to say about it; I like it, a lot. But it is a big, heavy gun. You should be sure to handle one before buying. I have big hands and the grip still feels phat to me.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have a G20.4
Very accurate with OEM barrel
I don't think it's much bigger than a G17

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
I put a KKM barrel on my Glock 40.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You ain't about that life.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I have a 6" KKM 10 MM barrel I used on a gen 3 Glock. does anyone know if it would fit a Gen 5?

Please don't feed the trolls!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V

I carried a mag of this stuff when I was and armed guard in a bank. (team never quit ammunition).

Those and a mag of hard cast check a lot of boxes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went through the same review about 4-5 years ago and ended up with a G20. It shoots Buffalo Bore and Underwood 200's reasonably well, carries well in my HPG, and is very shootable. I like the G20 alot.

I toyed with the idea of G40 a time or 3 but when I want serious firepower I pull out the Ruger Hawgleg (480 R) or the baby Hawgleg (45 colt w/warm loads). I'm more accurate with either Ruger at 50 yards than I am the G20 - but I didn't buy the G20 for 50 yards shooting, more like 50 inches when it matters.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Got this one four or five years ago to pack around at the Campfire hog hunts. Cabelas had the Gen 3 on sale and I had enough points to get it free.

Pretty much paid the original cost by upgrades. Put on some tritium Trijicons a Zev trigger and a KKM barrel. Had some frame and slide alterations then cerakote. I like how it came out.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Have never owned a Glock....

What have I missed ?

Never have had any issues with my XD-M's

Let the flames begin

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The main advantages of a Glock vs something like the XD is that it's a dream to strip down to the last part and reassemble, unlike the XD. Also, therefore, replacing parts is that simple, too, and there's tons of aftermarket support for Glocks. Not nearly so much for the XD. They are likely about equally reliable and robust, though.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The main advantages of a Glock vs something like the XD is that it's a dream to strip down to the last part and reassemble, unlike the XD. Also, therefore, replacing parts is that simple, too, and there's tons of aftermarket support for Glocks. Not nearly so much for the XD. They are likely about equally reliable and robust, though.

I can not imagine any thing easier than a SA XD M Elite to pull down to clean

I can do it in the dark with a blind fold

Pic......45 ACP

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well…an XD sure has a way of making a Glock look pretty by comparison.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I can not imagine any thing easier than a SA XD M Elite to pull down to clean

I can do it in the dark with a blind fold

Pic......45 ACP

There's no denying that the XD is more complex, and the XDM even more so. But I think it's worth it. I never shot any Glock as well as I do the XDME.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Had a gen 3 SF. Liked it. Wanted a threaded barrel so I figured I’d pick up a G21 and convert it to 10mm and have a 45 too. You can pick up a used g21 pretty cheap and convert to 10mm for ~$150.

I purchased a Gen 5 21 and really like it. Unfortunately they changed the Gen 5 enough the aftermarket barrels don’t fit and converting to 10mm isn’t currently possible. Guess I’ll have to buy another gen 3 or 4 so I can use my suppressor when it gets out of jail. Or hopefully someone will offer a threaded barrel option

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I suggest you take a look at the new Smith and Wesson M&P in 10mm before you buy the Glock.....just saying.

I started with the above gun with the 4.6" barrel and had enough issues it got sent back to the mothership. Mag drops while cycling the ammo and failure to feed were on again, off again problems. It shot really well when I got it back for about 5 rounds then started its acting up again. The tall cowitnessing iron sights weren't for me either.

Traded it for a new Glock 20sf gen 3 and life is good.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
JLimbo, that's nicely done!

I was dissatisfied with the 20 even after changing the front sight and connector. Bought the M&P and tried to sell the Glock. Then I realized it's just as good, maybe better than the new kid. Heavier, but softer shooter. Trigger not so bad after all the dry firing. Maybe more reliable, but I got confused shooting so much 40 ammo. Glock don't care but M&P does often enough. This isn't even an academic problem if you just shoot the proper ammo. I'd rather shoot hot stuff in the Glock for sure even if the Smith is slightly more accurate with current sights, and is more tolerant of the hard cast stuff, which I don't believe in to begin with. But many do.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
I carried a G20 and one in the SF configuration daily for several years every where. The G20 was the first gun I carried when I got my concealed weapons permit. I had no problem carrying it in an IWB. I used silver tips when I carried every day and 200 gr hard cast in the woods. It worked well on pigs and deer and luckily I never had to shoot someone in self defense (knock on wood).

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We are actually planning on shooting some 10mm at steel this weekend if we brave the heat.

My glock is a model 20 gen 4. I have the kkm barrel (both 10mm and 40sw...found out I probably didn't need the 40sw barrel from others experiences...but had already ordered it and will use it as needed), the original factory barrel shot fine but I wanted confidence with reloads and didn't want to worry about the factory polygonal rifling warning. I also bought some trijicon sites and had them installed for three dot woods walking/site picture in the shade.

It's a good pistol, no issues with 500 rounds thus far. I'd purchase again if I ever lost it.

I also have a 10mm/40mm Blackhawk - wildly different platform - very fun to shoot.

YMMV,

John

Last edited by LeakyWaders; 06/30/23.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 01Foreman400, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,517
Posts18,472,471
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.