Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by marksman1941
Originally Posted by CharlieSisk
I have had a ffl for pushing 40 years. I’ve never ask for a driver’s license. Nothing in the regs require it. If so, please post the regulation. And, California gives drivers license to illegal aliens. If you are illegal, you can’t purchase no matter what.
And non-ffls want a copy. No way in hell. And how would you know if its a fake ? Huh ?
Use the EZ check, its easy, and has current info.
I get a kick out these type threads….no one quotes the regs, but everyone is an expert.
Charlie

And I've never bought a gun at a place that didn't require my DL. I'm at 40 or so purchases from an FFL, and every single one has required a drivers license. Up until 2016, question 18.a required an identification card, and the ID number on that card. Now it's question 26.a that requires that. How have you gotten around this requirement for 40 years?
Think he is saying for an FFL to receive from an individual. Not all FFLs want that, some do.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by antelopedundee
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by antelopedundee
Originally Posted by dale06
List it here, with price
Someone agrees to buy it.
The buyer send you funds and a copy of an FFL to ship the gun to
You can legally ship the rifle to that FFL
Most FFL owners will want a photo copy of your DL if receiving a gun from a non FFL
Or you can have a local FFL ship it for you, they usually charge $25 or so plus actual shipping cost
Buyer goes to the receiving FFL, and passes back ground check and takes the rifle

Not sure the above works in California, NY and other gun restrictive states.

I think that I might want some assurance that the buyer has already passed a BG check before I'd go to the hassle of shipping a firearm. Having double shipping in the event of a return also doubles your chances of the item going missing.

I'm not sure how you actually get any 'guarantee' or assurance....... even HE doesn't know 'til the call is made......

I can tell you right now, I will pass, have done so many times, nothing has changed, hold SECRET security clearance, yadda, yadda.... until the call is made it ain't done...

Right or wrong....

Don't ship before you have the funds...

Maybe I'm missing something...........

If twas me I'd have the FFL holder who is going to receive the firearm do the check first just like he'd do if the guy was buying the firearm from him. Passing a BG check doesn't in any way obligate the buyer to complete the purchase. Either the buyer or receiving FFL can contact you letting you know that the sale can proceed.
NICS makes no provision for pre-checks. States may, but most charge for checks. Another would be required once the gun is ready for transfer.

Thanks for the info.

He who laughs last is slow-witted.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I have had a ffl for pushing 40 years. I’ve never ask for a driver’s license. Nothing in the regs require it. If so, please post the regulation. And, California gives drivers license to illegal aliens. If you are illegal, you can’t purchase no matter what.
And non-ffls want a copy. No way in hell. And how would you know if its a fake ? Huh ?
I get a kick out these type threads….no one quotes the regs, but everyone is an expert.
Charlie
Nobody ever said it was required by government. Just by the receiving FFL.
Are those the same FFL holders who bitch, piss, and moan about all the government rules being made up as it goes?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Charlie
Are those the same FFL holders who bitch, piss, and moan about all the government rules being made up as it goes?
Mine doesnt.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Charlie
In my experience!, yes.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by marksman1941
Charlie

And I've never bought a gun at a place that didn't require my DL. I'm at 40 or so purchases from an FFL, and every single one has required a drivers license. Up until 2016, question 18.a required an identification card, and the ID number on that card. Now it's question 26.a that requires that. How have you gotten around this requirement for 40 years?
You are confusing two very different actions. When you fill out the 4473 in front of the FFL he examines whatever official gov't ID you hand him. He can look at it and you to see if they match. That has nothing to do with this discussion.

When someone sells a gun through an FFL he is required to list the source. It is a simple entry. If he demands an ID copy how can he possibly know it is actually the seller? He cannot. It is not a rule, law, nor edict.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is no LAW to provide a Drivers License with your shipment. An FFL holder can have all kinds of policy more strict than the law.

There is no LAW that you have a copy of the FFL in your hand prior to shipment. The Law says you must ship to an FFL holder. Nothing more, nothing less.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If there is a single thread on this website demonstrating how far away from the constitution we've gone, someone please show it to me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
List it here, with price
Most FFL owners will want a photo copy of your DL if receiving a gun from a non FFL
Or you can have a local FFL ship it for you, they usually charge $25 or so plus actual shipping cost
Buyer goes to the receiving FFL, and passes back ground check and takes the rifle

There is no requirement in any state to send a copy of your driver's license. It is 100% unverifiable when all the FFL needs is a name and address for his book.

If the receiving FFL wants a signed copy of the seller's government issue ID, he/she can ask for one. If the seller doesn't want to provide one, the buyer would need to find a different FFL to receive the firearm.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by barm
Originally Posted by GregK
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
You can also meet the buyer in person, and sell the gun directly.

That varies by state. Here in NYS all sales, including private sales, must be done through a FFL after passing a background check.

The same here in Virginia.

Same in Oregon and Nevada..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
www.shipmygun.com makes things easier and gives you a better price on the shipping.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
And folks at the post office will spout off all these regulations....and then get really pissed off when you show them this...
https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c4_010.htm
Charlie

The data and opinions contained in these posts are the results of experiences with my equipment. NO CONCLUSIONS SHOULD BE DRAWN FROM ANY DATA PRESENTED, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE THESE RESULTSj
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
List it here, with price

There is no requirement in any state to send a copy of your driver's license. It is 100% unverifiable when all the FFL needs is a name and address for his book.

If the receiving FFL wants a signed copy of the seller's government issue ID, he/she can ask for one. If the seller doesn't want to provide one, the buyer would need to find a different FFL to receive the firearm.
And I would suggest any FFL demanding something such as this can ask you to dance in a tutu for him and many would do it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't do transfers.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,544 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,566
Posts18,473,245
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.