Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Good afternoon haters,

I was at the local gun store recently and saw the new FN High Power...I didn't have any kind of High Power, new or old in the safe...so I went back home and watched some youtube TFB TV and MAC and learned about it...played the videos extra loud so the adorable wife could know I'm interested...and later that day...bam, I've got the pistol and am online ordering grips (G10 black cherry design) and extra magazines. And, some FN Gnome stickers for the truck.

Overall - I like it, a full size service pistol with very nice trigger, shoots to point of aim (shot steel...need to print some paper). It has the classic look with a standard 17 round capacity. Comes with two magazines, a little range bag/purse black plastic grips and 'communist brown' if that's a color plastic grips, a lock suitable for using on a utility trailer for towing, and some paperwork.

It has some quirkiness, like the el cheapo plastic/polymer spring guide...I mean wtf it is a 1300 dollar pistol and a hole in the dust cover to accommodate the plastic spring guide as the pistol functions...a little weird, but hell, it works so I don't mind it. And I think it should've came with G10 grips for the price.

But all in all I like it, hopefully the price comes down to like M9 ranges so others can enjoy.

Anyways just giving some feedback to others interested. It hasn't been cleaned yet, just taken from store to field and fired.

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
They’re very nice pistols. I’m surprised you can buy a new FN for that.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
E
What?
No holster? :-)

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Oh a holster! It fits in the tanker style holsters I got...so I'm good!

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
No comment.

Mamma always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. grin

In all seriousness, it's likely a kick ass gun, but why did they have to call it any kind of a Hi Power. Hi Poser, maybe, but Hi Power? grin

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I like the classic Hi Powers, but these new guns are quite a bit heavier, thicker (one of the salient points about the classic HPs is how thin the slide is), and while the look is there (superficially, at least), it's just not the same, and us old coots like the older models. When you can get a P-35 clone for half the price of the FN HIGH Power (note they use all four letters on this new pistol vs. the HI Power older pistols), it's really, REALLY hard to justify the price. I know how to remove a magazine safety, and that's really about all that needs to be done with the classic guns.
No matter, I wish FN well with their new pistol, but I'm not in the market any more. since I picked up my Girsan Match.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
ratsmacker, can you get a Surefire x300b light on the three slot light rail on that Girsan Match?

Last edited by nalabama; 07/01/23. Reason: Additional info
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
nope, I chose the one without a rail. I don't like rails, they make it more difficult to find a good holster.

I've got a dozen 1911s, only one with a rail, and it's a PITA. It's a 6" 10mm Rock Island pistol, it shoots great, but it's difficult to carry without a good holster.

I do have a few railed pistols, but they're all plastic, an M&P 9mm full-size, an M&P Compact .22, and a Ruger SR-22. I don't really take any of those three seriously.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

416 members (30incher, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 257_X_50, 270cowboy, 50 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,304
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.