Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Originally Posted by jbmi
Done two weeks ago, no walker, or cain, maybe at 50% right now.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What am I looking at? I don't know what a TKR is.

Usually means Total Knee Replacement.

Retired cat herder.

X
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
Okay time for chapter 2.
Back to PT yesterday took my pain med an hour before and expected it was not going to be the most pleasant thing I did all day.
Had a lot of swelling after 1st PT but after icing was better than I expected yesterday. My physical therapist worked me over pretty good so iced it for a couple of hourse last night and took 2 Naproxen.
Kind of stiff and sore this morning but I am amazed at how well it seems to be doing.
Headed to the Ortho to have dressing changed and incision inspected this am. Schedule is to have the
staples out in a week.
I used a walker the first day but have been walking unassisted since then and today is 1 week since surgery.
All in all I am tickled pink(and black and blue and yellow) with the results. But............man I HATE wearing those thigh high compression socks!
Doc insists they will stop blood from pooling in your lower extremities causing a clot.
Small price to pay I guess just bitchin a bit.
More to come in a few days
X

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by xtriangle
Well I finally got it done!
Went into the hospital on Thursday morning and walked out that afternoon, Got in the truck and my darling bride drove me home!
Looking forward to walking without the pain of bone on bone after all these years.
Happy Fathers Day to the residents of the fire.
X-Triangle

Good for you!!! My surgeons latest advice was to continue with the “Gel One” as long as they’re working…injections have been lasting me about a year.
I DID just have carpal tunnel release surgery Wednesday afternoon and was kinda surprised at the level of pain that lasted about 18 hrs. after the novocaine wore off…all is good now.
Keep us posted on the progress…I need both knees and both hips…

X
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
Well heres the final update for those interested.

Been going to PT 3 times a week so MWF then Tue and Thur walking my mutt for 30- 45 minutes.
It has not been the easiest thing to do but I am miles and miles ahead of other people at rehab that had it done a month ago.
My take is you get what you put in.
My knee still swells up in the evening so it gets iced everyday. Sure seems to do wonders.
Got staples out last Thursday and butterfly strips put on incision.
Dr. did an ultrasound just to be "sure" about blood clots.
Only drawback has been Dr. and nurses giving me grief about not using cane or walker. (never did)
Took off the Dam* TED hose last night and I am thru with them since bruising is almost gone.
They are a pain in the A#$ to get on and be comfortable.
Went to the sporting clay course this morning and shot 100 rounds. I was pleasantly suprised
and truly believe that my scores will improve from what they were before surgery.
Not one bit of pain that used to be associated with the bone on bone and twisting with weight on it.
My advice is if you are on the fence get it done.
Interview your surgeon,do the work and you will be astonished with the results.
Pm if you would like more details as I have bored everyone for too long.
X

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1Longbow, 204guy, 57 invisible), 1,884 guests, and 1,044 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,879
Posts18,497,751
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.