Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
my experience is it depends on the location. I personally have not had any issues doing labels from home and dropping off at UPS or Fedex

Last edited by ktk120; 07/16/23.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Recent change.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Does this impact Ship My Gun? That was easy through UPS

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I shipped even this past week and no changes. As far as I know this has been there policy for years now at least published on paper

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Somebody elaborate. Am I tripping or was there a Recent change? WTF over?

--- Kid Rock 2022

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
pretty sure this has been the policy for several years now. reality it depends on the location

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
When you use SHIPMYGUN.com, the package is being shipped by an FFL to the receiving FFL. That's the service you are paying for. You are simply dropping it off.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Somebody elaborate. Am I tripping or was there a Recent change? WTF over?

It is somewhat recent. I made a post about it and I THINK it was October 1 when it took affect. They will still ship it (the last I knew) but you had to schedule a pick up at your house..........for a STIFF additional charge. I mostly quit selling because of this.
It would be interesting to see how Boyd's and some of these shops are handling it. They don't have 9or need) an FFL for what they are selling but they are shipping gun "parts". It sucks donkey balls.

Here is the post I made about it back then:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../important-ups-update-today#Post17559517

Last edited by 160user; 07/16/23.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This came up a short time back. It was all over youtube. (Hard to know if it's true) UPS made the claim that any firearms not shipped FFL to FFL would be seized/held/confiscated or some similar terminology. I can't remember the exact term they used. I backed off of Gunbroker over this issue. It's my understanding you have to take the gun to an FFL dealer where they log it in and then log it out to the recipients FFL. And, the sellers FFL has to be the shipper of record. The FFL dealers aren't processing and shipping for free! All of this gets real expensive real quick.

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Mark Twain
IC B3

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
like i said i have shipped about 10 since january either sale or to gunsmiths and no issues at all so I do think its the policy in writing because it makes them feel good but in reality its way too much money to not do and it depends on people at a location. I mean I have had multiple warranty guns ship directly to me on return as well.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by aboltfan
When you use SHIPMYGUN.com, the package is being shipped by an FFL to the receiving FFL. That's the service you are paying for. You are simply dropping it off.
Duh...you're right. I only use them once, and haven't paid any attention for a long while. It was easy and reasonable though. And UPS happily took the handgun.

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Whatever

--- Kid Rock 2022

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I always drop mine off (already labeled) at the local drug store/ups drop off ….that’s down the street from my Bud’s ffl shop. Never had any issue. Maybe they assume it’s from the shop? I don’t know, and don’t care. I’ll likely keep doing it that way. Someone is going to charge them with firearm theft, or violating something, if they start ‘confiscating’ legally shipped items….UPS isn’t LE and if they didn’t refuse it to begin with, inform up front, or even ask a question about it during the label/shipping process, their ‘intended’ policy is pretty worthless IMO. Also, ATF regs state you can ship your firearms to yourself, without special labels, etc. AFAIK.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 07/16/23.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ktk120
like i said i have shipped about 10 since january either sale or to gunsmiths and no issues at all so I do think its the policy in writing because it makes them feel good but in reality its way too much money to not do and it depends on people at a location. I mean I have had multiple warranty guns ship directly to me on return as well.

Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
I always drop mine off (already labeled) at the local drug store/ups drop off ….that’s down the street from my Bud’s ffl shop. Never had any issue. Maybe they assume it’s from the shop? I don’t know, and don’t care. I’ll likely keep doing it that way. Someone is going to charge them with firearm theft, or violating something, if they start ‘confiscating’ legally shipped items….UPS isn’t LE and if they didn’t refuse it to begin with, inform up front, or even ask a question about it during the label/shipping process, their ‘intended’ policy is pretty worthless IMO. Also, ATF regs state you can ship your firearms to yourself, without special labels, etc. AFAIK.

Just wait until they lose one of your guns! Then you'll wish you followed their procedures. It's just a matter of time before we read about it here..

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dinny

Originally Posted by hh4whiskey

Just wait until they lose one of your guns! Then you'll wish you followed their procedures. It's just a matter of time before we read about it here..

Yep, I agree. I could ship "Golf Clubs" and that is all well and fine until they are damaged or stolen. Then you are just [bleep] out of luck. I won't take that risk and will continue to just pay the over inflated USPS costs.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
well i called about 20 FFL in DFW and not a single one will do an FFL to FFL transfer. They dont want the hassle. I have a C&R FFL 003. If it came to that I believe that should count as from an FFL to an FFL

Last edited by ktk120; 07/16/23.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
well i called about 20 FFL in DFW and not a single one will do an FFL to FFL transfer. They dont want the hassle. I have a C&R FFL 003. If it came to that I believe that should count as from an FFL to an FFL
Sure you did.

--- Kid Rock 2022

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Sure you did.

Not sure why you don't believe that. There are hundreds of FFL in DFW . I had a guy from CA bid and buy a rifle off gbroker. He could not find an FFL that will receive from a non FFL in CA. I finally had to call and find one for him that would accept from an individual when the 20 ish closest dealers to me said they would not ship a gun for an individual. Every single one said not worth the hassle.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

ktk120, I believe you meant to say non-ffl to ffl transfer?

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

205 members (14idaho, 16penny, 308xray, 450yukon, 2ndwind, 30 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,626
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.