Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
All Campfire folks invited. This has been a grand event in the past and those who return year after year know the scheme. It may be even better if new folks decide to join the moment. Fun interaction, good food, shooting, etc.

Planned activities begin Friday afternoon/evening and it is fine to arrive earlier if you wish. Reply in the affirmative here if you plan to participate. This NFS Campground is located about 21 miles south of Quemado, NM.

A separate planning PM will be started to provide details and do needed planning. If you reply affirmative, you will be included in the PM.

P

Last edited by CCCC; 07/21/23. Reason: Calendar error

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looking forward to being there and seeing good friends again. Making new friends has always been a bonus.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I do indeed intend to be there and look forward to it!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
27, 28, 29 August is a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. So I figger you probably meant something like 25,26,27???

Don’t matter. Ii can work with any dates 😉! 99% sure I will do my best to be there.

Kaywoodie

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Include me also!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
27, 28, 29 August is a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. So I figger you probably meant something like 25,26,27???

Don’t matter. Ii can work with any dates 😉! 99% sure I will do my best to be there.

Kaywoodie

Yes, the 25th through 27th.

Anyone getting there earlier in the week let me know, I may be archery deer hunting just across the Az line and can move over there.

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
where would one fly into if coming , that town is not on my map.

Norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Fly into Albuquerque and rent a vehicle and drive down to Armijio Springs.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Word on the street deflave and his sockpuppets are going.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
You might could fly into Showlow AZ. Plane hopping, might be a couple hundred bucks from Phoenix, I guess you would need to just check where you are from for options. Show low is about 100 miles to quemado, Albuquerque is about 150.

Quite a few people stay at the motel in quemado, it's about 20 miles to the campground, paved most of the way and cars have no problem.

If some needs tent and cot, bedding ect, I can bring a whole setup. Just bring cloths.

Kent

IC B3

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by 79S
Word on the street deflave and his sockpuppets are going.

There went the food budget...

Kent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Julia and I will try to make it, but it's doubtful since EPISD has decided, in their infinite wisdom, to not only end school late (June 12, 2023) but also to start incredibly early (8/2/23). Poor kids don't even get 2 months of Summer these days.

I don't remember the district asking me about their idea for an abbreviated summer, the Marxist bastages.

I'm also still in Big D helping out with Dad, since he's continuing to decline.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/21/23.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Officially meals from Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast are provided, earlier there's always food available to whoever is around.

The Largo hotel and Cafe has good food when people are sick of my cooking.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Julia and I will try to make it, but it's doubtful since EPISD has decided, in their infinite wisdom, to not only end school late (June 12, 2023) but also to start incredibly early (8/2/23). Poor kids don't even get 2 months of Summer these days.

I don't remember the district asking me about their idea for an abbreviated summer, the Marxist bastages.

My grandkids start school Monday.

Kent

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I may just plan on leaving early the morning of the 23rd!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
You might could fly into Showlow AZ. Plane hopping, might be a couple hundred bucks from Phoenix, I guess you would need to just check where you are from for options. Show low is about 100 miles to quemado, Albuquerque is about 150.

Quite a few people stay at the motel in quemado, it's about 20 miles to the campground, paved most of the way and cars have no problem.

If some needs tent and cot, bedding ect, I can bring a whole setup. Just bring cloths.

Kent

I would be coming out of Vancouver B.C. so i will check out flights to Vegas, Phoenix and Albuq.

LAS V flights are cheep, I have a Nephew that Renovates Houses in Phoenix , I'll figure something out.

thanks

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
We have had folks do the Vegas fly in, it's farther, probably 450 miles, but making it an extended trip to include a stop at the grand canyon.

Kent

I’ll be there. Jace will be back on base by then for MCT. I don’t know about Jocie’s schedule yet.
Donelle

Few places in this world are more dangerous than home. Fear not, therefore, to try the mountain passes. They will kill care, save you from deadly apathy, set you free, and call forth every faculty into vigorous, enthusiastic action. ~ John Muir
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by High_Noon

My grandkids start school Monday.

Kent

Jebus.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well bummer.

I drew a muzzleloader tag in 6B for late Oct. Gas here in NorCal just hit the $5 a gallon mark, no telling where LGB will have it by the time of my hunt. Not going to be able to afford two trips to AZ this year. Kinda bummed as I'd love to meet some of you folks. And taste some of the food Kent cooks up.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 48 invisible), 2,641 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,782
Posts18,477,172
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.