Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Good Morning Campfire,

So, I've been watching a lot of youtube videos lately...the news rarely report the crimes, but on youtube one can often see them unfold on video. They seem to have the following in common:

1- a group of 3-4 criminals

2 - armed people with extended magazines

3 - quick mobbing of an unaware victim, often at gas pumps, often in daylight...in other words - normal places...not surly alleys and such...

Prior to watching...my summer carry has always been a single j frame. Or a single 380 pocket carried pistol (glock or ppk) or a glock 26 pocket carry. Each setup was chosen based upon clothing. And, the thought was to defend against basically a single attacker, pit bull, etc...

But after watching numerous videos...my summer carry is now, POM spray on key chain and:

a - two j frames, one on the belt and one in the right front pocket; or,

b - glock 26 with back up magazine in hill people fanny pack;

The reason is to insure enough capacity against 3-4 perps and have the ability to draw while seated or transitioning from a vehicle.

When the weather cools, I imagine I'll be in full sized carry mode.

I was just curious what your guys carry was in the summer with all the heat and crime we are experiencing.

-John

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sig P365 with Blackhawk holster. Fall and winter Colt Gov. Model with El Paso Saddlery holster.

Last edited by Sbrown; 08/01/23.

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
Good Morning Campfire,

So, I've been watching a lot of youtube videos lately...the news rarely report the crimes, but on youtube one can often see them unfold on video. They seem to have the following in common:

1- a group of 3-4 criminals

2 - armed people with extended magazines

3 - quick mobbing of an unaware victim, often at gas pumps, often in daylight...in other words - normal places...not surly alleys and such...

Prior to watching...my summer carry has always been a single j frame. Or a single 380 pocket carried pistol (glock or ppk) or a glock 26 pocket carry. Each setup was chosen based upon clothing. And, the thought was to defend against basically a single attacker, pit bull, etc...

But after watching numerous videos...my summer carry is now, POM spray on key chain and:

a - two j frames, one on the belt and one in the right front pocket; or,

b - glock 26 with back up magazine in hill people fanny pack;

The reason is to insure enough capacity against 3-4 perps and have the ability to draw while seated or transitioning from a vehicle.

When the weather cools, I imagine I'll be in full sized carry mode.

I was just curious what your guys carry was in the summer with all the heat and crime we are experiencing.

-John
Funny, I was thinking the same thing today, i.e., they no longer care where or when. No need any longer to do their crimes at night in dark alleys. They have no fear of being caught or consequences. They know they will get (at worst) processed and sent home with a court date if they get caught, no matter how many times they've been through that same process. They just go right back out and do it again. That's what you call criminal justice reform.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The only reliable criminal reform is a lead injection.

There have been a few incidents around here lately that convinced me I needed to carry an AR15 with me, but the urgency for that seems to dwindle in a few days every time. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will all change before too long and keeping an AR15 within reach at all times will seem like an essential survival tactic.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The only reliable criminal reform is a lead injection.

There have been a few incidents around here lately that convinced me I needed to carry an AR15 with me, but the urgency for that seems to dwindle in a few days every time. I have a sneaking suspicion that it will all change before too long and keeping an AR15 within reach at all times will seem like an essential survival tactic.

America keeps veering towards the South Africa/Zimbabwe model of daily life: whites are on the menu for genocide. We will have to upgrade our EDC sidearms in the near future.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Wait wait wait. .....

So if I understand your post, you are going to dual wield two snubs, OR. .......OR .....a G26?

Your answers are wrong.

Full size handgun with a light and NS, spare mags on the belt. PLUS a BUG with spare ammo. Knife or knives are a given.

You still aren't up to speed. But you are getting there.

ETA: Have you been sprayed with your selected spray?

Last edited by Verylargeboots; 08/01/23.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Sbrown
Sig P365 with Blackhawk holster. Fall and winter Colt Gov. Model with El Paso Saddlery holster.

Mine too, minus the holster.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
More and more I carry an easy to access AR or shotgun in addition to the handgun

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Short barreled shotgun on a sling.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I recently had a situation where I was against 2. I upgraded my Ruger LC9 to a Springfield Hellcat Pro 15+1.

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Was gasing up in Springfield, MO last week. Two middle aged homeless looking black dudes were sitting in the shade on the north side of the building. About 3:30 in the afternoon.

One looks at me, makes eye contact, nudges his buddy, and they get up and start walking toward me. I’m in khakis and a dress shirt, gasing up a ‘21 Silverado. I don’t know if they intended to panhandle or to rob me.

I very deliberately stared at them as I slid my hand into my front pants pocket, where my Colt Detective Special always resides. They both stopped, turned about and went back into the shade, never taking their eyes off me.

I finished pumping and left.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
Wait wait wait. .....

So if I understand your post, you are going to dual wield two snubs, OR. .......OR .....a G26?

Your answers are wrong.

Full size handgun with a light and NS, spare mags on the belt. PLUS a BUG with spare ammo. Knife or knives are a given.

You still aren't up to speed. But you are getting there.

ETA: Have you been sprayed with your selected spray?

^^^This^^^

No pepper spray here. Full sized hi-cap handgun with 2 spare mags, and a BUG with 2 spare mags.
2 knifes, one’s a OTF switchblade and the others a Spyderco serrated Police version. And a shotgun & AR in the truck.
Hope I never need them, but it never hurts to be prepared.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 08/01/23.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
While you are watching these videos notice, if you will, whenever the good guy opens up with whatever he has, they scatter like scared rabbits.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
I finished pumping and left.

That’s what I always do. Or tell her I’ve got to get up early to get her to leave.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
While you are watching these videos notice, if you will, whenever the good guy opens up with whatever he has, they scatter like scared rabbits.

Unexpected noncompliance. Perforation imminent run like hell. Yup.

Swifty
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Most days my SIG P365 with a 12 round mag in it and a 10 round spare. Sundays my S&W M&P 2.0 full size with a 17 round mag.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
3 - quick mobbing of an unaware victim

-John

THIS is one of the biggest problems. SO many people are willfully and utterly oblivious to danger around them. Generally paying absolutely no attention whatsoever to what is going on, fervently believing in perpetual sunshine and rainbows. When they do happen to notice Da'Shawn, De'Andre, and Demauntreaus bopping up behind them, hoodies and heads drawn down, eyes darting back and forth, lips smacking, they think "oh look, happy denizens of the city! Greetings, fellow citizens of the planet!", and are totally stunned when dey pull dey Glocks and sheeit, and say gimme dat muhfurggin money, muhfurgga!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
If they’re worth pepper spray, they’re worth a bullet.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Still packing the 105 howitzer here.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Warm weather most often a P365 12+1 carried IWB and a spare 15rd. Been practicing alot with and breaking in a new to me 43x with shield arms 15rd mags, so that will join the rotation soon. Cooler weather usually a Glock 19 OWB 15+1 and spare mag or G30s OWB with 10+1 and 13rd G21 mag with spacer as backup. G19 43x and 30s have Trijicon HD night sights. For areas requiring deep concealment its an LCP 7+1 in a pocket holster with chambered hollow point remainder hardcast and spare 7rd mag. ALWAYS have a Kershaw Leek pocket knife.

Last edited by marktheshark; 08/01/23.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 02bfishn, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,725
Posts18,475,848
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.