Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Confucius say let necessary weapon dictate attire, not desired chick looking attire dictate weapon. Ah-so.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm heading down into Big D tomorrow, I'll just carry my usual HK USPc, loaded 10+1, in my El Paso Saddlery holster. No extra mag. Supposed to hit 106* tomorrow, I'll be carrying enough as it is.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So many people want to hurt me I carry an Apache helicopter.

LOL
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sig P365 most of the time. If wearing a suit, I switch to a Taurus Spectrum w/ extra mag. Other posters have mentioned, but keeping your head on a swivel at gas stations, on the way in and out of stores is critical. Do not be distracted by your phone. They can't swarm you if you are paying attention. If you can keep distance you can put distance between yourself and assailants and give yourself the opportunity to defend yourself and present yourself as a strong defender, not a victim.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Weather and clothing don't change much here in Florida. So, the only change I have planned is to work a G17 with a RDS into the curent C.C. rotation, which includes a 365 XL and a G19.

I also pocket carry a 642 with 158 gr SWC's when I'm out serving paper or in the hood.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here in Tucson, it's usually warm enough most of the year that I'm wearing a T-shirt and jeans. The loose T is worn untucked and most of the time I carry a Colt Combat Commander .45 ACPwith 8 round magazine and two ten round Wilson mags in my left hand pocket. Some times it's a full size 1911. Back up is an S&W M60 the two spare speed loaders. On the very rare times I have to dress up I'll run a Walther PPK/s .380 ACP and several spare magazines.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Fireball2
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
Was gasing up in Springfield, MO last week. Two middle aged homeless looking black dudes were sitting in the shade on the north side of the building. About 3:30 in the afternoon.

One looks at me, makes eye contact, nudges his buddy, and they get up and start walking toward me. I’m in khakis and a dress shirt, gasing up a ‘21 Silverado. I don’t know if they intended to panhandle or to rob me.

I very deliberately stared at them as I slid my hand into my front pants pocket, where my Colt Detective Special always resides. They both stopped, turned about and went back into the shade, never taking their eyes off me.

I finished pumping and left.
Almost the same thing has happened to me twice, i.e., someone with apparent criminal intent approaching me, and my hand went to my front pants pocket, and he stopped and turned another direction, or (in one case) I reached for a .45 that was sitting in my passenger seat as he approached my driver's side window to induce the sudden change in plans.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Fireball2

It's all in your mind...

You are the veritable "Belle of the Ball".

Or is that "Belle of the BALLZ"...

Can't never keep all that stuff straight...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Going to do the almost weekly test drive today. S&W Shield plus. IWB.

Last edited by blindshooter; 08/02/23.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My carry guns are both Sigs, P239 or P320. Hollow point in the chamber and ball in the magazine, IWB holsters.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Situational awareness is paramount. No matter what you’re doing (pumping gas, shopping, eating at the steakhouse), you need to be paying attention to what is going on around you. Jeff Cooper called it “Condition Orange”. A relaxed state of awareness. I have made it a point to practice this since the mid 80’s. Not stressed, not scared, just paying attention to who and what is around me. Carry whatever suits you. But practice with it until it is second nature to draw and make center mass hits at normal combat ranges (inside 25 feet). I am also not a fan of open carry. It’s like playing poker and showing your hand to everyone else at the table. Just my 2 cents.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Brazos
Short barreled shotgun on a sling.

Love my Mossberg Shockwave being with me in the truck..........along with the semi-auto on my belt. Spare mags for 3 different platforms in the door panel as I never know what I'm going to be wearing at the time....depends upon the location and purpose of the trip.

As my buddy Mackay says, "You don't get the fight you want, you get the fight you get!"

Frog----OUT!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mini gun. Everyone backs away. I can walk anywhere.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
While you are watching these videos notice, if you will, whenever the good guy opens up with whatever he has, they scatter like scared rabbits.

I am of the opinion that when the first one or two are on the ground flopping like a fish and screaming like little girls the others are likely to scatter anyway.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
According to several studies on the matter over the past 25 or so years, the majority of defensive gun uses never involve a shot being fired.

As soon as the bad guy(s) see a firearm in the hands of an intended victim (or, in many cases, they perceive a firearm about to be drawn), they change their plans and a violent incident is prevented.

Doesn't matter if it's a Colt .25 or a Super Redhawk .454. They don't want to be shot by anything.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't carry a gun....but I do have a "lead spritzer" made by S&W 😉👍 that I carry.
It does quite well at deterring violence!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Relying on the homicidal yutes to run away at the sight of a gun is foolish at best. The number of mental defectives and drugged up lunatics walking the streets is higher than ever. Don't expect rational decisions from aggressive two legged animals.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by justin10mm
Relying on the homicidal yutes to run away at the sight of a gun is foolish at best.

Nobody here said they were.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (222Sako, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 21, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 50 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,432
Posts18,489,294
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.