Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
tomt53 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
T
I'm looking at these two Leupold scopes.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/102305853?pid=385031

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020316114?pid=859800

They are close in power range, the Freedom is lower in price and has more elevation adjustment. How does the glass compare? TIA Tom

Browning X-Bolt .30-06
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 CDS

Tikka T3x Lite 308 win
Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x50 CDS
GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I own 2 Freedom 3-9x40’s with the Hunt Plex reticle, non-CDS. They seem to be the current version of the VX-2 optically. I’ve only looked through a VX-3HD at the range, and the glass was better, slightly. It’s probably more noticeable in low light or identifying a target in the shadows. Is it worth the extra $ to go for the HD? I say, “no.” The difference in adjustment range is irrelevant since neither scope has parallax adjustment, which shows itself at closer ranges than folks realize. Unless you’re worried about resale value, I’d go either the Freedom for the price difference.

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
No comparison really. In looks, finish, features, optics, reticle, etc. Well worth the difference

And, the VX3-HD scope mentioned is available online from other sources for $399 ($238 for the Freedom). www.gun.deals and type in the model number or sku in the search bar.

Countdown begins to when the thread gets totally derailed due to irrelevant information, Leupold bashing, and pimping other brands that were not mentioned or considered by the OP.

Last edited by KenMi; 08/05/23.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by KenMi
No comparison really. In looks, finish, features, optics, reticle, etc. Well worth the difference

And, the VX3-HD scope mentioned is available online from other sources for $399 ($238 for the Freedom). www.gun.deals and type in the model number or sku in the search bar.

Countdown begins to when the thread gets totally derailed due to irrelevant information, Leupold bashing, and pimping other brands that were not mentioned or considered by the OP.

Hint...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I hope you have thick skin…

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Both are steaming piles of fhuqking schit. Try a scope that actually works,if only for the first time. Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Sent two Leupold back to Beaverton about a month ago… just got emails saying they both need to be replaced.

It doesn’t inspire too much confidence.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In full disclosure,I've not had a Reupold PUKE,since yesterday morning. MK4 Spotter appears to VERY obviously have a lens delaminating. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

It will "only" be it's second trip to their VERY busy Repair Department. I was told to expect at least a 4wk wait,when I had them on the horn yesterday. Hint

REALLY inspires "confidence"! Hint.(grin)

Though in fairness,the scopes are funnier than that. Hint.

Bless their hearts for trying though.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Current repair time for SWFA is "whenever we get them in, no ETA". They don't repair, just replace. Some have been waiting over a year for a replacement. Only a certain amount are allocated for warranty replacement orders. Inspires great confidence.

And yes, they fail too. Just saw a thread on another forum with many dealing with the horrible customer service. It's a $hitshow on a good day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchAgain,

I'm VERY "surprised" that your "life" is spent reading,rather than "doing" and what were the "odds"...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

SWFA's are VERY "tender" and I "only" have 80 or so. Hint.

Been a couple days since I've had some show up. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". You Brokedick Whining CLUELESS Kchunts are a hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by KenMi
Current repair time for SWFA is "whenever we get them in, no ETA". They don't repair, just replace. Some have been waiting over a year for a replacement. Only a certain amount are allocated for warranty replacement orders. Inspires great confidence.

And yes, they fail too. Just saw a thread on another forum with many dealing with the horrible customer service. It's a $hitshow on a good day.

That wasn't my experience at all, as of just a few weeks ago. Called them up, got an answer on the 3rd ring, told them I broke my 6x and that it was my fault. They sent me a link to print out a form for repair/replace. Sent it in and had a new 10x in less than a week, which was my choice as I didn't feel like waiting on a 6x to be in stock.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Shocking, this thread went from Leupold to Super Sniper without Stick’s notorious ignorance, though not lacking attempt.

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Crying CLUELESS Kchunts are a hoot! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Big schit is a fugkin clown, hint , laughing at his imagination and pretend.

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hilarious06,

It's your Imagination,so simply Pretend with it in the way you MUST,to best satiate your reality...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon my shooting it all and then some,as you set on the sidelines and Whine aloud. Be sure to keep filling out those Hurt Feeler Reports. Hint.

Bless your heart for Crying.

Don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You Crying CLUELESS Kchunts are a hoot! Hint.

Dead air during all this? Or were you diligently watching the wind flags ya had set up? Conditions from group to group?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dumbo,

The depths of your Drooling STUPIDITY,is exceedingly "impressive" and the depths in which you are in over your pointy head,plum fhuqking AMAZING...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You AMAZINGLY Inept Whining Brokedicks,ae a hoot! Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Dang it schtick, ya didn't have to go through all that. Simply, you know this, simply, what were the conditions & their changes between groups. Not a bad shooting rifle, & the scope responding reasonably or not,,,,,,,,,,,, but conditions during the test tells all, that's all.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dumbo,

Pardon that which confounds you,being blasse' for me...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I enjoy you Drooling aloud,with your Imagination and Pretend. Pardon that rifle(amongst a host of others) being LEGENDARY. Install a Reupold 4.5-14x MK4 M1 and it's akin to installing a Skeet Tube. Hint.

You couldn't summons a sound rifle,in a "life" of trying. The Omelette Maker in current configuration,though T-16's DO track. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Dumbo,

Pardon that which confounds you,being blasse' for me...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I enjoy you Drooling aloud,with your Imagination and Pretend. Pardon that rifle(amongst a host of others) being LEGENDARY. Install a Reupold 4.5-14x MK4 M1 and it's akin to installing a Skeet Tube. Hint.

You couldn't summons a sound rifle,in a "life" of trying. The Omelette Maker in current configuration,though T-16's DO track. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Don't "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

Hey Little Liar Larry, I really like the picture above of your "1000 rounds per day", the one with about 25 empty cases in the cap from your day's shooting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1badf350, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 61 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,590
Posts18,473,439
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.