Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by krp
Joe... roadrunner... has pins, was asking if he should bring them.

Kent

I've got 10 pins, maybe a few more, that I can bring. I don't recall what was done in the past as far as the pin tables. At the Hog Hunt I build them from scratch, which does get somewhat pricey. I don't mind if we have a good number of shooters.

I'll be there. Leaving (hopefully) Thursday morning to help set up. About a 6 hour drive for me, so no biggie. Waking up the GF is going to be the hard part. grin Tent camping for me again this year, so limited space.

I've got 20 pins. Should last us a couple years I think as I've seen some of you shoot and I'm not worried about you guys harming the pins... whistle laugh

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of "old" friends and hopefully getting to meet some new ones.

Safe travels to everyone coming...

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
GB4

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bump

Joe.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
TTT

Joe.
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
TTT

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I think this would be a great get-together and someday I would love to shake the hands of our southwest friends. I’ve had the privilege of meeting Paul and I look forward to doing so again.

Have fun and I’ll be with you all in spirit! 👍🏼

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Next weekend I will start the Group camp planning PM, if anyone else wants to be included speak up I can't add anyone after.

My list includes all the core regulars and any new additions from this thread.

Kent

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Wife and I would like to sign up.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Tedo
Wife and I would like to sign up.

Ok

Just to be clear...

Being in the PM isn't required to come to the event, it will let you know about the food and shooting events. The shooting events are just fun and about comradery, bragging rights for the year.

If someone misses the group PM we can give out the info individually also.

All anyone needs to do is show up and make sleeping accommodations, Largo hotel, trailer, tent, truck shell. I can supply a tent shelter if needed, I have 3 or 4 available, just let me know.

Food is supplied Friday dinner to Sunday breakfast, if early there is usually food available.

Best to bring drinks though there will be coolers with a bunch, snacks you may want and a coffee cup.

Kent

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wish I could join you this year but it's not going to work out. Still hoping Miles Patton will want to make squirrel dogs out of my mini dachshunds.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
This is the first I’ve heard of a get together like this. It’s not too far away for me and in my usual NM hunting units. I plan on this in the future.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by PaintedDesert
This is the first I’ve heard of a get together like this. It’s not too far away for me and in my usual NM hunting units. I plan on this in the future.

We've had at least 1 once a year and sometimes 2 at different times and locations throughout the years (10?). They are a lot of fun and you get to meet some great people, have some awesome food and just a little bit of BSing.....

Joe.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Since 2010

Kent

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, Kent, for making the group PM happen. This current thread will become unimportant once that PM starts and all of the detailed info/planning will be there. So - get on the list now if you even think you may be there.

Kent does a great job with food and brings most of it, and some others usually pitch in to help with some of the planned meals. Those who don't come prepared to put some commensurate $$ into Kent's pocket.

This is shaping up to be another fine event.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by hitandmiss
Originally Posted by ldholton
963.8 to Quemado, NM.. that would be a trip ..

I did a trip from the AZ-NM border to Washington NC to help a friend move. Left June 30th at 0830 pulled up to my house July 4th at 0930. 4292 miles round trip. Several places on I40 are absolutely horrible. I think the worst was west bound 40 from the Texas border to Tucumcari NM. I sent a bill to NM DOT.
You made very good time, and the trip to Armijo Springs in August would be a snap compared to that. You are welcome.

I do know what you mean about I40 and that rough area in E. New Mexico. Some places east of OKC used to be pretty bad but I have not driven that for quite a while. I40 around Kingman, AZ and 93 north of there were poor a few days ago.

Not as bad as some of the roads in California on the way down there....

Can't believe I've missed this for the last 2 weeks... was wondering why the PMs stopped coming...

I'll be there if I'm still alive and haven't been hit by a bus or dump truck yet. Wife has to work. She put in for time off for the get together to be the normal July time... she's been off from work for 2.5 weeks when she returns to work that Wednesday. She is taking more time of in September to go back and visit friends in Massachusetts, or early October. She wants to see it when the leaves have turned color... Has always dreamed of that...

Let me know what I can bring. Am taking a break doing some re wiring on my vehicle to tow a trailer to bring all the extra stuff for others to use. Darn wiring broke after X amount of years of service...

I think Que Tomato is about 1300 or 1400 miles for me one way.....depending on the route I take... two day trip unless I take some side trips home....been busy up this way this summer.....too busy.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
John - time is flying and the event date has crept up on me a bit - I also need to work on the camping rig and do some reloading/shooting prep.

If your wife wants to see turning leaves in MA this fall, even late Sept. may be too early for biggest color - unless cold weather comes really early or she drives way up into northern NE. We did the full swing last Fall and it seemed like mid to late Oct was good - driving north to south.

There are web sites/online maps of NE that show the likely progression.

See you soon.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Would y'all be so kind to add me to the PM list. Hopefully my wife will make the trip.
Thanks, Vince

Life is good live it while you can.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by ldholton
963.8 to Quemado, NM.. that would be a trip ..
Yes - for certain. And, some great compadres have been driving well more than 1,000 miles to these events, and will again this year. A few years ago a fellow and his wife drove from New England. One lazy guy drove as little as 1 mile.

And - that mile was round-trip! laugh laugh laugh

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Would y'all be so kind to add me to the PM list. Hopefully my wife will make the trip.
Thanks, Vince

You got it Vince.

Kent

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
bump

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
TTT

Joe.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

207 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 260Remguy, 14idaho, 2500HD, 16penny, 34 invisible), 1,936 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,993
Posts18,481,117
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.