Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Most of 'em are easy.....really easy. I admit I get fooled every now and then though. In fact, IIRC you were one of them.

I don't know of anyone locally around here that takes pictures of hunting, I took a couple but they just aren't interesting.

I just assumed most there were the same.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
GB1

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I’ll try to make a more civil effort at participation on this thread.

Bushnell Firefly 3-9x40 is my fave hunting reticle. Not the shine a light on it illuminated part but the heavy duplex stepped down to thinner center really draws the eye to crosshairs.

Here is a link that shows the reticle illuminated - but it is black until you shine a light on it to make it glow.

Reticle

Last edited by JayB93; 08/01/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya
As mentioned, I am a red dot fan!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
ya!

GWB

what is that? T1X?

looks pretty handy, if a little loud.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Ok, now that we got that out of the way… bygones are bygones and the hatchet’s buried. Apology accepted. Let’s move on.

Not all of those critters were bow killed, a few of em were shot at 500+ too. I hunt with all kinds of weapons. But hey, let’s not forget the moose that got MOAR’d! LOL. I’m stealing that as a verb Paul! Quite funny. And what the hell is that fish? A tilapia? I’m going fishing tomorrow!

They are in the tilapia family. Rio Grand Cichlid. They are not native to this area, but have established a population thought to have originated from people releasing them from aquariums.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Ok, now that we got that out of the way… bygones are bygones and the hatchet’s buried. Apology accepted. Let’s move on.

Not all of those critters were bow killed, a few of em were shot at 500+ too. I hunt with all kinds of weapons. But hey, let’s not forget the moose that got MOAR’d! LOL. I’m stealing that as a verb Paul! Quite funny. And what the hell is that fish? A tilapia? I’m going fishing tomorrow!

They are in the tilapia family. Rio Grand Cichlid. They are not native to this area, but have established a population thought to have originated from people releasing them from aquariums.

I bet the coonasses have figured out a way to make them uber-tasty!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

I bet the coonasses have figured out a way to make them uber-tasty!

It was small, but I ate it. Only slightly different from the other panfish that I caught. Milder.

To all, I apologize for the aside. It seems that pictures make conversations more interesting.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

We have Oscars out here. Same concept. Aquarium releases that went feral.

Some darn good yellowtail fishing out here today! Big calico bass bite too.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by JayB93
I’ll try to make a more civil effort at participation on this thread.

Bushnell Firefly 3-9x40 is my fave hunting reticle. Not the shine a light on it illuminated part but the heavy duplex stepped down to thinner center really draws the eye to crosshairs.

Here is a link that shows the reticle illuminated - but it is black until you shine a light on it to make it glow.

Reticle

That is a great hunting reticle. Had it in a 4200 Elite 2.5-10.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by geedubya
As mentioned, I am a red dot fan!
ya!

GWB

what is that? T1X?

looks pretty handy, if a little loud.

I/ve a number of areas of interest.

One is shooting suppressed with thermal.

Quite a bit of my night time thermal hunting is done out of a stand. Big boars, cougars, coyotes in packs and "wets" tend to make me apprehensive. Although I am always strapped with a side arm, in my old age I've become a puzz.

Consequently when sitting in a ground blind or in the open at night, I tend to get distracted thinking about uninvited guests wanting to get too cozy.

Before I became acquainted with the Sig Cross, I found it difficult to find a factory offering of a bolt action rifle with a 16" barrel chambered for the 308 Win.

Add 7" of suppressor to a 16.5" barrel and @ +/- 24" barrel length is not unwieldy in the stands/blinds I frequent.

So to make a long story short, that is a Blaser R93 in an Off Road synthetic stock.

J Sipp and Sons did the barrel for me. I had them thread it for the use of a suppressor. The muzzle brake accessory was a minor additional charge and it basically functions as a thread protector.

Most likely it will never be shot with the brake unless I'm wearing earplugs and muffs.

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

In the aquarium trade they are called "Texas Cichlid". I have kept them in my tanks at home. As do most cichlids, they form pair bonds and build a nest. Both parents brood their eggs and defend their young.

One of the most cold tolerant species of the Family, and has the most Northern range of any New World cichlid.

The Oscar and Peacock bass are also cichlids.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You guys that need those "busy reticles", good on you. Never seen a need for them myself.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I ended up cancelling the Swaro Z6i 1-6 x 24 and went with a Leupold VX6HD 1-6 x 24. As much as I like the #4 reticle of the Swaro, I really couldn't justify the $1K difference. I'll post a photo when it's mounted.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Happiness is a fresh box of etched FFP Mil/Mil reticles. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

You gals keep bumping your pointy heads,trying to attain a FIRST fhuqking clue. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Happiness is a fresh box of etched FFP Mil/Mil reticles. Hint.

You gals keep bumping your pointy heads,trying to attain a FIRST fhuqking clue. Hint.

I don't need these on rock tossers like my 30-30, 45-70, 44mag, and short distance stuff but I have to agree with Big Sis that those FFP Mil/Mil setups have proven their utility. They're the way to go if your going to exploite any cartridge capability otherwise your pretty limited and not truly precise.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I ended up cancelling the Swaro Z6i 1-6 x 24 and went with a Leupold VX6HD 1-6 x 24. As much as I like the #4 reticle of the Swaro, I really couldn't justify the $1K difference. I'll post a photo when it's mounted.

Good luck and please post pics when you get it installed.

Best rest assured from all of the advice you have gotten in this post, that scope will fail on the first shot, you will not be able to see anything unless you have 20 power, and without your sight plane full of BS tactical reticle nonsense, you are indeed, not a real man. Then you'll realize that without a 20 round magazine, scope levels, and Woke color tape wrapped sloppily around the 100% POS Butler Creek scope caps, you are truly a bad person. And if your scope is not made by communists in support of the CCP to further Xi's agenda and you don't get drunk every night on bud light, maybe you should reconsider your purpose on earth.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas and especially the very WELL founded Insecurities,the Hurt Feeler Reports and the fhuqking Whine...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pasrdon my simply shooting it all nd then some,as you ride the bleachers and rattle Pom-Pom's. Hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

I'm liking this lever gun.
I have been looking all over near me for one.

Take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I let a friend borrow a rifle last year for an antelope hunt when his old Burris went haywire just before he left. It was a 6.5 Creedmoor topped with an Athlon Helos BTR GEN2 2-12×42 with AHMR2 reticle.

I handed it to him and he looked through it and said "It's too busy". I told him to just ignore everything but the middle.He shot an antelope but I don't think he has warmed up to the reticle. He had not shot his rifle since the past deer season.

Personally, that reticle gives me lots of good information if I need it, or I can ignore it and just look at the center. I killed a running hog at 20 yards with it this year and I'm taking it after mulies this fall where I am expecting a much longer shot.

I feel the same way about lpvo busy reticles. If I need the information for a 400 yard target it is there, but if the target is at 20 yards i just need to look at the center. It is only a distraction if you let it be.

15 years ago I bought a simple duplex 1-5 Leupold for my 375. Today it would be a lpvo with a busy reticle.

TANSTAAFL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I tell folks to shake their heads side to side and they of course ask "why?". I state simply "you are an EtchaSketch and you need to erase everything you "think" you "know" ". They laugh and shake. Hint.(grin)

Things are easiest on a Skookum 22LR,due the ease for the Pilot in catching trace/impact and the obvious reduction in noise. No thang to allow familiarity at a 50yd zero,because most have never been around such a platform(great triggers especially). From there,it's a breeze to ID a target,have them gather DOPE(on the stock) and input same into the erector. Back to zero and repeat on the reticle. Rinse,repeat and continue,to the limits of the reticle. Whether an erector DOPE or Reticle DOPE,wind is ALWAYS slid. Hint.

From there it's an open menu,with only the mechanical limitations of the platform and atmospherics being the ceiling. Turn someone loose on an 18.5# 22LR wearing a 2-ounce trigger and 40+ Mil's all in and checks get cut. Hint.

Wind is always the great unknown and NOBODY who shoots a Skookum Platform,wishes for SFP worthless reticles. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1234, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,228 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,764
Posts18,495,621
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.